Pylon Editing

warthogmadman987

with all these new mods floating around, so are a lot of meinit.xml files. I have no idea how to edit this file, looks really confusing to me. Can anyone explain how I go about moving weapons on the pylons in the x, y, and z cartesian cordinate plane? I want to be able to change this myself so that way I can have multiple mods working together.

Yes, I know how to change what weapons belong on which pylons, you misunderstood me. I want to know how to manually change the position of the weapons on the pylons. For example, I am having a problem getting the mk-82s to line up with the TER, the weapons are too far the the righ or the left. I want to know how to manually change this in the meinit.xml.

It seems you already know the answer :)

The x-value moves the weapon forth and back, the y-value from side to side and the z-value up and down in relation to the pylon. Changing the values is just a matter of trial & error.

However, the coordiantes in the Meinit are only for lining up ordinance to a particular spot on the aircraft model, so if you are trying to allign weapons to a "loose" rack shape you need to edit the lua script that combines racks/ordinance.

P.S. this subject belongs in the "Mods" section, so I moved it here ;) .

JJ

Yes, I know how to change what weapons belong on which pylons, you misunderstood me. I want to know how to manually change the position of the weapons on the pylons. For example, I am having a problem getting the mk-82s to line up with the TER, the weapons are too far the the righ or the left. I want to know how to manually change this in the meinit.xml.

if its for a-10..

open meinit on notepad..

in edit/find

type a-10

push find next..

keep on pushing until you see "A-10A" and not "AA-10A"

close the find window

scrool down until you see a line starts like this

"<Pylon FiZ="-3.3" Number="1" Type="0" " then x,y,z numbers..

if you keep scrooling down you see

<Pylon FiZ="-3.3" Number="2" Type="0" thats pylon 2 and so on..

i hope it helps :)

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

Edit..

Come to think of it, you should be able to line up ordinance to a rack by changing x,y,z values in the meinit - IIRC these are defined for each combined ordinance/rack entity in the weapons section.

JJ

Ok, i think I get the jist of how to change they position of the pylon. Can anyone help as how to change the position of a weapon that belongs on a TER. I am having a problem of Mitch's Mk-82 lining up right. Should that also be in the meinit.xml somewhere?

Thanks for the help guys, I think that I am getting it...