VPC-airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta

stenji

1 hour ago, GVO said:

Does anyone have an idea what I could be doing wrong?

Not much information, so I don't have any idea what might be your issue, all I can say is that this Mod still works for me on the latest DCS.

Can't you show us where you placed the Mod files?  a look into your dcs.log could also be helpful.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for replying.  I've attached the dcs.log. 

I put the folder(VPC Airfield Equipment v0.9.6 (by voc & edited by Rudel_chw)) in: saved games/dcs.openbeta/Mods/Tech and the fake lights files (VPC fix for 2.7 (by Shlee)) in: D:\Spil\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model

But the files doesn't show up in ME. I checked that the clock-thing isn't selected

dcs.log

35 minutes ago, GVO said:

Thanks for replying.  I've attached the dcs.log. 

I put the folder(VPC Airfield Equipment v0.9.6 (by voc & edited by Rudel_chw)) in: saved games/dcs.openbeta/Mods/Tech and the fake lights files (VPC fix for 2.7 (by Shlee)) in: D:\Spil\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model

But the files doesn't show up in ME. I checked that the clock-thing isn't selected

Hi,

Unfortunately, your log does not gives any clues ... I can only show how I have it setup, so you can compare with yours:

1) This is the folder at /Saved games/ (Juegos Guardados, on my spanish Windows):

5N0DYaI.jpg

2) These are the two lights.fx files that go onto the DCS program folder:

kMyoq4a.jpg

3) Once I start DCS, I can check on the Module Manager that the Mod is enabled:

ByoLqaN.jpg

4) On the Mission Editor most of the objects appear on the Fortification class, with VP prefix, like this:

ns1OJQ0.jpg

5) On this example, I placed a lightower to provide additional illumination at the airbase:

1Le7wu3.jpg

I do this because ED's standard light dont illuminate objects, they are like this:

gRlSlz7.jpg

Hopefully you will find the problem.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Dammit, I just put the folder "VPC Airfield Equipment v0.9.6 (by voc & edited by Rudel_chw)" in Tech. It was of course premade for OvGME, so there were subfolder. Sigh....

Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks for keeping this alive. Can't wait to test it out. 

Have a great weekend

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 12:39 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, your log does not gives any clues ... I can only show how I have it setup, so you can compare with yours:

1) This is the folder at /Saved games/ (Juegos Guardados, on my spanish Windows):

5N0DYaI.jpg

2) These are the two lights.fx files that go onto the DCS program folder:

kMyoq4a.jpg

3) Once I start DCS, I can check on the Module Manager that the Mod is enabled:

ByoLqaN.jpg

4) On the Mission Editor most of the objects appear on the Fortification class, with VP prefix, like this:

ns1OJQ0.jpg

5) On this example, I placed a lightower to provide additional illumination at the airbase:

1Le7wu3.jpg

I do this because ED's standard light dont illuminate objects, they are like this:

gRlSlz7.jpg

Hopefully you will find the problem.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo, I tried to add a lighting tower as well to add more light to my airbase but it doesnt work, when I place the tower in the ME and then i click play, I have nothing, no tower and no lights, so everything is dark ? do you have any idea why ? Also, the preview in the ME shows nothing... 

Leo

Edited by leo2510

40 minutes ago, leo2510 said:

Hi Eduardo, I tried to add a lighting tower as well to add more light to my airbase but it doesnt work, when I place the tower in the ME and then i click play, I have nothing, no tower and no lights, so everything is dark ? do you have any idea why ? Also, the preview in the ME shows nothing... 

Assuming that you installed the Mod correctly, the only reason I can think of for not having lighting is that maybe you are placing the items as Static Objects. The lighting does not work for Statics, for example on this mission there are two lighttowers: one tower emits light and the other doesnt.

bThkxkM.jpg

The one that emits light is setup as a Ground Unit of type Fortification, like this:

U2ZrwGv.jpg

The one that does not emit light is setup as a Static object:

kcbtuN8.jpg

If I place both towers as Ground Units (Fortifications), then they both emit light:

aJhLsPx.jpg

Hopefully you will get your mission right.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I just installed this manually and it seems to be working for the most part. I discovered that the mod folder has an "unnecessary" folder in it labelled "main." This does not appear in Rudel's screenshots above and may only be needed for the mod installer. My mod appears in the DCS menu as VPC Object only and NOT VPC Airfield Equipment. I checked for missing files and can't find any. The fix is installed in the shaders folder and the sample Blue airfield works great. I haven't tried them at night yet but when I tried to add a VP Lighting Tower, it loads fine but does not appear in game. The label is there but no model. I added it as a ground unit. No crashes just invisible object. I'm on 2.7 and trying not to update yet to keep my Sabre gun mods. The smaller VPC lighting cart #3 works fine.

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

1 hour ago, Squiffy said:

just installed this manually and it seems to be working for the most part. I discovered that the mod folder has an "unnecessary" folder in it labelled "main." This does not appear in Rudel's screenshots above and may only be needed for the mod installer. My mod appears in the DCS menu as VPC Object only and NOT VPC Airfield Equipment. I checked for missing files and can't find any. The fix is installed in the shaders folder and the sample Blue airfield works great. I haven't tried them at night yet but when I tried to add a VP Lighting Tower, it loads fine but does not appear in game. The label is there but no model. I added it as a ground unit. No crashes just invisible object. I'm on 2.7

Seems like you are installing an older version of this Mod, the latest files are on this post:

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll test this later tonight. AFAIK, the shader model files in my DL date from 4/2021

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Not at my rig right now but is the latest version 0.9.6? Also, where should I find the config files with manual install? I will look at the Blue - Red airfields again and if the VP Lighting towers are visible there I will know it's some other anomaly preventing them from appearing  with a new placement in an old mission. I suspect this may be the case because I can fly without the sim crashing, even with invisible VP tower.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, Squiffy said:

Not at my rig right now but is the latest version 0.9.6?

The latest version is the one I linked a couple of posts above .. dont trust the version number, as I didn't change the original version number when I applied all the fixes to my copy of this Mod, @voc

Edited by Rudel_chw

OK on it right now. Will post back, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hooray! 😀 0.4.6 works! Thanks for the support. Now I have to delete the 2 VP towers because they are WAY too close to the runway! 😅

Screen_220106_211743.png

Screen_220106_211807.png

Edited by Squiffy
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And the mighty towers 😉

Screen_220106_211827.png

Edited by Squiffy
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, anyone have an issue where all the VPC objects are appearing as Leo tanks on dedicated servers? Works just fine hosting off of my machine. I saw someone else had the same problem and it was solved with a reinstall of the mod and server. Sadly, no luck for me! 

On 2/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, limoncino said:

I have a problem with this mod. I can't use the nato canopy. In ME I put the canopy over the plane to cover it, but in game the plane is in another position!

It's impossible to put planes under the canopy.

What can I do?

Thanks

The mod needs updating. I use other shelter/canopy mods and one of them started to have the same issue, and the developer said he need to update his mod. Regarding this VPC mod i think we don´t have that luck.... so, you won´t be able to use it as before.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

3 hours ago, fagulha said:

The mod needs updating. I use other shelter/canopy mods and one of them started to have the same issue, and the developer said he need to update his mod. Regarding this VPC mod i think we don´t have that luck.... so, you won´t be able to use it as before.

In the past this problem was there after an update, and come back usuable later after another update without doing anything, may be ........

Edit: I just make a test with canopy from French Pack V4.8 and ...... same issue

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

38 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

In the past this problem was there after an update, and come back usuable later after another update without doing anything, may be ........

Edit: I just make a test with canopy from French Pack V4.8 and ...... same issue

I use Swiss Hangars mod and since some updates ago they stop function like the VPC ones, i contacted the mod developer and he told me that he fixed it that but i´m still waiting from an update to his mod, regarding VPC mod i think they don´t work anymore on the mod that´s why i said we probably won´t see a fix. 

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

2 hours ago, fagulha said:

I use Swiss Hangars mod and since some updates ago they stop function like the VPC ones, i contacted the mod developer and he told me that he fixed it that but i´m still waiting from an update to his mod, regarding VPC mod i think they don´t work anymore on the mod that´s why i said we probably won´t see a fix. 

I let a message on French Pack Discord, wait and see ......

• Thanks 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Il 1/2/2022 at 17:25, limoncino ha scritto:

I have a problem with this mod. I can't use the nato canopy. In ME I put the canopy over the plane to cover it, but in game the plane is in another position!

It's impossible to put planes under the canopy.

What can I do?

Thanks

make sure you set the parking slot as "takeoff from ground", and not "takeoff from ramp".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bepy93 said:

make sure you set the parking slot as "takeoff from ground", and not "takeoff from ramp".

Thanks a lot 👍 ... great suggestion:

spvhHa4.jpg

• Like 1