VPC-airfield Equipment 0.9.4 beta

stenji

06.02.2022 в 21:59, Rudel_chw сказал:

Thanks a lot 

Can you show me with a screenshot what needs to be switched? I have a Russian version of the game and not quite understand what need to do. In the model itself, I now know how to solve this, but requires an update mod

Edited by voc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 5:53 AM, voc said:

Can you show me with a screenshot what needs to be switched? I have a Russian version of the game and not quite understand what need to do. In the model itself, I now know how to solve this, but requires an update mod

Hello @voc ... sorry, I saw your post just today. You don't need to do anything, it's the mission editor the one that has to take care to place the aircrafts as "takeoff from ground", rather than "takeoff from ramp or parking", when using the VPC Canopy, like this:

2rXbRs6.jpg

On this way, the aircraft can spawn inside the canopy with no issues, like this:

j9aRhh3.jpg

2 hours ago, Raptor Two Four said:

Objects are floating - can anyone help me out here? This happens to any canopy I used. I placed the object as a 'Fortification' in the M.E - this also happens when placed as a static object.

Need more data to be able to reproduce: which Map and airbase are you using?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hello @voc ... sorry, I saw your post just today. You don't need to do anything, it's the mission editor the one that has to take care to place the aircrafts as "takeoff from ground", rather than "takeoff from ramp or parking", when using the VPC Canopy, like this:

2rXbRs6.jpg

On this way, the aircraft can spawn inside the canopy with no issues, like this:

Thank you for the tip but as you probably know you only may use "takeoff from ground" with a group with 1 unit only. For single training flights it´s great but it won´t work if i want to have 2 or more units in my group. Wish this could be updated.

Nevertheless thank you again for the suggestion.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

2rXbRs6.jpg

j9aRhh3.jpg

Need more data to be able to reproduce: which Map and airbase are you using?

Akrotiri on the Syria Map, but this happens on any map.

Floating VP Airfield equipment.jpg

25 minutes ago, Raptor Two Four said:

Akrotiri on the Syria Map, but this happens on any map.

It doesn't happen on my DCS, perhaps you have another Mod that is conflicting?

PpWLbNc.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I asked to the creator of French Pack wich as same problem and he talks to me from collision model problem ........

Yes. I use Swiss Hangars and it have the same issue from a long time and i contacted the author, as i stated in a previous comment, and the author said same thing and that he will update the Swiss Hangars mod but was months ago.... still nothing too.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

En 11/9/2021 a las 10:34, Magoa dijo:

Hello.
I just reinstalled the whole DCS and my mods and some VPC objects are crashing in the editor.

Sans titre.png

I did reinstall the last files compiled by Rudel_chw.

OvGME_PRC11DFJOy.png

Note that it crashes only with some objects (towerlight,...) and not with others (VPC Nato Canopy,...)

I add you the logs where errors appear in connection with fake_omni_lights.fx at the bottom.

Any ideas ?

Thank You

dcs.log 110 kB · 11 descargas

Hola a todos,

Tengo este mismo problema, alguien me puede dar la solución en español por favor.

Gracias

5 minutes ago, GOA_Escorpion (R) said:

Hola a todos,

Tengo este mismo problema, alguien me puede dar la solución en español por favor.

Gracias

Esta seccion del foro es solo en ingles, abre un tema con tu case en la sección española y allá te ayudo. En todo caso la solución del caso que citas, era esta:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just installed a new hard drive. What is the latest version of this mod, and does anyone have a link? Thanks!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

6 hours ago, Sn8ke said:

Hey guys, just installed a new hard drive. What is the latest version of this mod, and does anyone have a link? Thanks!

here:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, Rudel_chw said:

here is an updated version of this great Mod created by @voc It now consists of two parts:

1) The Mod itself goes onto the /Saved Games/DCS/ path, this is the download link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26h9JE4RY9YQlWXv9SRw?e=8eaIZo

2) In order for the Mod to work on DCS 2.7 (and 2.5.6), it requires the addition of two small files on the /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/ path. Download this fix from this link:

Hello,

The user @DCS-Savvy has discovered that since DCS v2.8, the item (2) of above is not needed anymore, the VPC Airfield Mod is once again able to function completely from /Saved Games/ 

I've tested it, and can confirm that lighting of these objects works, without need for the fix file that I shared above, like this:

wkjw2Ry.jpg

Note that the VPC lightowers DO illuminate the aircraft below, set on Damascuis airbase. On vanilla DCS this only happens on PGulf map.

Since DCS 2.8, ED appears to have included now the "fake_omni_lights2.fx" and "fake_spot_lights2.fx" files, in the "DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model" folder, which are the same as the files we previously had on the 2.7 fix.

Best regards, and thanks again to @DCS-Savvy for discovering this 👍

Eduardo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

After 2.8 update I cannot get any aircraft to park under the canopies. They default to the nearest parking spot that is empty. 

Try "park on ground"

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

Tried to launch mission from both the parking and parking hot spots, under that large square green canopy.  Defaults to nearest empty spot both times. This did work before 2.8. 

Try the option "take-off from ground", it works for me:

HTgMWlw.jpg

cC68Q2B.jpg

I know it is just a workaround, but in most cases it is useful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawaiianRyan said:

It's gotta be a player aircraft, not AI.

Its doing the same thing for both player and AI, there appears to be some issue with the A29 because if I delete it and start again as a Player aircraft it does drop down to that option, but if I then change it in some way that option disappears again, its weird. 

Just tested, latest A-29 version, Syria Map, Damascus airport, the aircraft is AI controlled:

Here is the test mission if anyone wants to try it, requires VPC and CAM ... didnt had time to remove the civil aircrafts, sorry.

Test Mods at Damascus (by Rudel_chw).miz

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

This is weird - I cant get it to work on any map, inc Syria - the same thing happens on all of them.  Thanks for doing that Rudel, it really helps to track the problem down. 

So, its not the aircraft and its not the shelter and probably not the map so it has to be some sort of conflict with another Mod, I will have to sort that out by the old trial and error method !!!

Not come across anything quite like this before, its really strange.