[SOLVED] RB-15 doesn't launch

Gneckes

To clarify, it works fine in quick mode (Master Mode selector in position NAV), but in "proper" mode it doesn't work - in fact I don't even get the range cue.

What I did:

1.) set rough target coordinates as a waypoint

2.) turn on radar

3.) set Master Mode selector to ANF, weapons selector to ATTACK, and Targeting Mode to STD.

4.) select Bx8, and create markpoint on target position as spotted by radar.

5.) set trigger to unsafe, keep flying towards target

6.) aaaaaand nothing. no range cue/time line, even at ranges that should easily be within range (down to 20km and less). using the quick mode worked fine at this point, but with a tendency for both missiles to go at the same target.

So, am I missing a step or is the RB-15 currently bugged?

I did some more experimentation and finally got them to work.

The key, it seems, is to only set the Bx8 point once within firing range.

However, I now have the next issue: bombs are, in all the bomb modes, dropping long of the target and I don't know why.

Edited by Gneckes

Tried it with Bx7, 8 and 9 preset from the mission editor. No joy. Track attached.

Just checked this and the launch-inhibition comes on because the distance between Bx8 and Bx9 needs to be at least 8670m and it's 6645m in the track.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

And here's two tracks: first one, the missiles fired but self-destructed after only a few seconds.

Second one, missiles completely refused to fire and I don't know why.

Same with the second one here

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

And for the self-destructing one I don't have a clue right now. Thanks for posting replays btw, very simple to have a look at such short and to the point recordings.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Okay, so.. here's two more.

I think I did everything the same way in both of these, and the mission I use for testing is the same (no preset markpoints).

The first time, the missiles fired fine straight away - in the second one, they initially didn't, then I manually moved Bx9 further away from the target and then they fired.

Seems to me that, when you create Bx8, sometimes Bx9 gets put in an invalid position? Regarding the self-destruct.. is it possible that Bx9 got placed really early in the flightpath, somehow?

RB15 fires2.trk

RB15 fires after adjustment.trk

If you're creating BX8 on the fly, BX6 & BX7 will get created automatically, and if you pass either of them before firing, then they won't fire. So, when creating BX8, immediately switch to BX7 and adjust it as needed, then the same for BX6. Every time I follow that process, I get successful launches.

• 3 weeks later...
Just checked this and the launch-inhibition comes on because the distance between Bx8 and Bx9 needs to be at least 8670m and it's 6645m in the track.

Yes, that's the issue. Also, you can clearly see in the cockpit if the launch conditions have been met: If the BIG RED LIGHT on the CI is lit, they haven't.

In the trk you move the Bx8 "further away, i.e closer to Bx9.

When you move Bx8, Bx7 moves accordingly, but not Bx6 and Bx9. So it's easy to find yourself in a situation where you moved Bx8 in such a way that you get an inhibit.

This is in the manual, p 338.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using ANF+STD and just setting Bx8 in the flight plan, then adjusting the fix before firing - I was under the impression Bx6-7-9 would be autocreated, but that doesn't seem to be the case ( and of course no missile release ). Std mode having created all the Bx waypoints ( from F10 in my case ) gave me a good drop. Is there a problem or did I misunderstand?

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction