EORL mode purpose

blast

Hi guys, after many hours flying sukois aircrafts, i still do not understand the purpose of the EORL mode. This mode appear when i first lock a target in RL mode, and when i press the EO mode just after. Is it a combination of the EO and RL modes? What is its purpose? Does the enemy receive a warning when you lock him in this mode? i don't get it.

Look at it as two different modes, EO and RL. Combining them won't give you any real advantage. Using RL alone lets you lock something with Radar. Long range but the guy get's a warning. Once you are closer, you can use EO alone. Much shorter range than radar but the guy won't get a warning, then you can launch stealthy IR missiles.

Look at it as two different modes, EO and RL. Combining them won't give you any real advantage. Using RL alone lets you lock something with Radar. Long range but the guy get's a warning. Once you are closer, you can use EO alone. Much shorter range than radar but the guy won't get a warning, then you can launch stealthy IR missiles.

i knew the difference between eo and RL modes. I just do not understand the eorl purpose. Hope someone knows and can explain it.

When you lock the bandit and he change to rear aspect or side aspect the EO is added in front of RL. That mean you lock with EOS as primary sensor over your Radar. You can keep radar lock or just turn your radar off to keep stealth your pursuit or IR launch depending of what the bandit do. Of course you need take care for the best right moment to secure a kill depending of the distance and aspect or speed.

Your sensor behave like so to avoid lock brake in an ECM environment when the enemy go notch or vertical maneuver. As ED still don’t simulate the lock brake when you fight against a bandit with ECM on inside 50km for this level of combat, then we can’t enjoy this advantage. I mean you will not lose your lock with EOS, but your guidance for your SARH missiles in his last stage only when his semi active head seeker get active, as the R-27 missile have a HOJ mode in this last stage, it still can seek for the target.

In this same example a different fighter without EOS as F-18 and F-15 must lock brake for this aspect and behave situation because they don’t have a second sensor to keep lock in this ECM fight environment. If this happen in his semi active guidance for aim-120 this missile have nothing else that activate his active head seeker out of range making inaccurate his last stage of flight. We are expecting ED simulate this again as they already implemented but this version was roll back because the F fighters were complaining with poor success. It is a market...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, after many hours flying sukois aircrafts, i still do not understand the purpose of the EORL mode. This mode appear when i first lock a target in RL mode, and when i press the EO mode just after. Is it a combination of the EO and RL modes? What is its purpose? Does the enemy receive a warning when you lock him in this mode? i don't get it.

It's purpose to to maintain a "lock" on the target with EOS, when you lose the radar lock for whatever reason, assuming the target is within EOS range. It keeps your radar pointing directly toward the target until it can reaquire. You will see it happen automatically in some situations because EOS is always attempting to backup the radar.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Make sure you are on EORL to transfer to an EO lock. That way when you turn off radar the optical stays locked on. After a while you can acquire with radar pretty quickly and see if you can maintain EOS only lock

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg