Scenery Fix for VR

Bingo41

A few months back I remember hearing that there was a fix in progress for a bug or limit on frame rates because of scenery issues.

Whatever happened to that effort?

Bill Clark

Bill Clark

Win10, V-2004//I5-8600K 5.2GHz//Nvidia GTX 1080Ti//VRAM 11GB

RAM 32GB//2TB M2.NVMe//Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7//Corsair H115i

They are still working on the terrain engine issues. However when they tried it out in the wild, some people got better performance and some got worse performance.

The devs retreated back into their lairs, scratching their heads a little and making nervous giggling sounds.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

LOL, and thats about the gist of it.

If you want the gory details there is a thread in the main DCS world forum with the test results. It worked for a few people but not all. After reading a recent post about bios stuff, I wonder if something might be related to that, and few people posted anything that detailed.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hell, I asked this same question about a month ago and they said it had been released! I did see better VR fps, but havent flown VR since then...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hell, I asked this same question about a month ago and they said it had been released! I did see better VR fps, but havent flown VR since then...

I has been released to the best of anyone's knowledge.

The original "Matt Wagner" claim a few months back was a 50% boost in VR performance would be achieved.

They released it in "stealth mode" (didn't tell anyone) in the latest big number update. However, no one noticed whatever increase there was. A few people reported "smoother" flight after that specific update as I recall.

A few weeks later ED came hat in hand to the community and came clean that it was introduced, but that they didn't understand why no one was seeing the 50% improvement. And asked people to do tests comparing the current open beta big number update to the previous stable version.

People did tests (as reported in that thread) and it turned out that for the vast majority of testers there was no improvement. Though a few people did see it.

And here we are today, no one knows anything, and if ED does, they ain't talkin. And a very happy few did get a boost for whatever ineffable reason.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For me, as probably others, the Caucasus is worse than ever, while Nevada is acceptable and Persian Gulf is pretty good, performance-wise. Haven't flown Normandy for a while (because it was bad in any combat situation - may have improved in the meantime)

This in the default missions, which are usually AI heavy and resource hungry.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I has been released to the best of anyone's knowledge.

The original "Matt Wagner" claim a few months back was a 50% boost in VR performance would be achieved.

They released it in "stealth mode" (didn't tell anyone) in the latest big number update. However, no one noticed whatever increase there was. A few people reported "smoother" flight after that specific update as I recall.

A few weeks later ED came hat in hand to the community and came clean that it was introduced, but that they didn't understand why no one was seeing the 50% improvement. And asked people to do tests comparing the current open beta big number update to the previous stable version.

People did tests (as reported in that thread) and it turned out that for the vast majority of testers there was no improvement. Though a few people did see it.

And here we are today, no one knows anything, and if ED does, they ain't talkin. And a very happy few did get a boost for whatever ineffable reason.

Thanks for the explanation!!

I don't have the Stable version installed. But AFAIK I did see improvements!

I don't fly VR very much at all. I had a config.lua specifically for VR with very low settings that I made 6-8 months ago. I would install that when I flew in VR and would get 25-40 fps. When I found out that they had released that update(my link above) I tested it with that lua. I got a solid 45fps. I read that they limit the fps to 45?

So I went to the settings and increased the graphics a little bit. And I still got a solid 45fps. So I did it again and again, and now have everything about 3/4 turned up. And still getting a solid 45 fps. I'll have to check it again.. I don't fly VR very often, but may do it more often.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download