[RESOLVED] AUTO bomb to Lightening marked target depends on elev of selected WP

Freedee

Hi All,

I have noticed that my AUTO bomb mode to Litening selected target are dependent on WAYPOINT currently selected on HSI (just for navigation, not WPDSG, not WYPT marked) and its elevation.

When waypoint selected and its elevation if 0FT, AUTO works perfect, but if waypoint selected which has for example 1000ft AUTO mode overshoot far-away.

Just set auto mode, and read TTI countdown, for example it reads 50 and I switch WP0 (0ft el) to WP1 (1500ft el) and TTI change by 7seconds.

I understand this behavior when I attack on WAYPOINT and set it as WPDSG. But is that correct if I use Litening to mark a target?

I attach trackfile

Thanks for your opinion

-=Freesv=-

TGP AUTO release BUG.trk

• ED Team

Hi

When using the waypoints for WPDSG They have to placed on the ground in the editor, or you need to adjust your weapon for the correct altitude.

I think I am missing the point in this example, as when I use the lightning pod all seem fine for me.

If I am missing the point please let me know, if possible a simple airstart mission showing what I am missing.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

yes I understand that, and I have looked at the track.

I have to reproduce the issue and break it down into the shortest possible track.

When I try it all seems ok for me.

Like I said I might be missing something, I will get another tester to check.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Ok, I didn't know you had to make a shorter track for the dev team.

As for the missing something, I guess that you are mixing up two concepts here: A waypoint designation and a waypoint selection. This bug has to do with the waypoint selected NOT as a tgt but as a navigation waypoint.

Yes, but when I try in the mission I created the elevation is correct for waypoint and TGP.

We have to simplify mission and tracks it rules out any other strangeness, and makes it easy to reproduce for the team, and subsequently easy to retest in the shortest possible time

Here a track, tried to be short, but 3Mbytes...

Air start - I enter a waypoint on target with 0 meters elev. I drop at around 20K feet and 350-400knots.

1st LGB is OK.

I modify wpt with an arbitrary elev (1200m) - 2nd LGB overshoot and don't catch laser.

I modify back wpt and 3rd LGB is OK. I tried twice the scenario with exact same result (with diff alt and speed).

F18-auto-elev.trk

Thanks to theinmigrant and Arbil to state my theory to DEV-team.

And DEV-team to take this matter into investigation, I think it will be useful for solve AUTO bomb mode.

And yes, I'm talking about I have no-WP selected ad no/WPDSGted, it's depends on alevation on WP "between the arrows" at HSI

Apology for the long track, I don't know how to shorten it.

-=Freedee=- aka -=FreeSV=-

Here a track, tried to be short, but 3Mbytes...

Air start - I enter a waypoint on target with 0 meters elev. I drop at around 20K feet and 350-400knots.

1st LGB is OK.

I modify wpt with an arbitrary elev (1200m) - 2nd LGB overshoot and don't catch laser.

I modify back wpt and 3rd LGB is OK. I tried twice the scenario with exact same result (with diff alt and speed).

Just like, your case, the same for me.

-=Freedee=- aka -=Freesv=-

• ED Team

Morning all, had a fresh head this morning and reproduced the issue

I have reported to the team