[REPORTED]parked F18s cutting frames by half in VR

see two missions attached , one mission stennis with F18s one without and a tarawa with cobras and harriers on.

observation:

since the OB update that introduced the TPOD for the F18, or the update befor, iam getting just half the frames when coming close to the stennis in my standard F18/F14/Av8 flight training mission, compared to before

please check mission 1 without the "test" in its name

flying F18 ,F18s parked on the deck , doing a touch and go frames drop from min 30 to 15 from short final till passed the carrier. trz a touch and go on the tarawa with lots of AV8s and Cobras NO FRAME DROP and remaining at 30fpsplus.

mission2 (with test in its name)

flying F18, doing touch and go on the carrier with seahawks and other A/C BUT without F18s.

constantly 30fps plus , NO FRAME DROPS

looks like static F18s are causing massive frame drops, at least for me, despite other static A/C do not!!!

THX for checking

VR , vlave index, 1080ti, most settings on medium, PD in DCS at 1.0, steamVR 140%

CBG_Template.miz

CBG_Templatetest.miz

1976249450_VRsettings.thumb.png.07d8339c2ee522d04e547f79c88bbb24.png

Edited by FoxDelta

I can second that.

I also observed that the parked F-18 are dropping frames very noticeable.

Not 100% sure if the F-14 also causes the same.

It feels like, something was messed up in the last patches.

PS: Has nothing to do with Wakes, I feel no ddifference if they are turned on or off.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

It's the roughmets. Roughmaps? Whatever they're called--the things that give a 3D-like rough surface to the texture. The Hornet and Tomcat are the only two modules with extremely detailed roughmaps and they eat VRAM like Dwayne Johnson eats cookies on cheat day. If you set textures to medium or low, the roughmaps won't be rendered and you'll get a performance boost. But now your cockpit will be illegible....so.....

It has been like that since the F18 launch.. Can't understand why isn't fixed yet.

not for me,

it was like that at the beginning of the F18era but a lot better for months. i am flying this mission as it is at least every 2 weeks on mondays so i would have noticed that

maybe any kind of regression or unintended rollback.

not for me,

it was like that at the beginning of the F18era but a lot better for months. i am flying this mission as it is at least every 2 weeks on mondays so i would have noticed that

maybe any kind of regression or unintended rollback.

Same here, reffering to my post in VR issues, concerning frame drops.

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When ever u r at airbase with lots of objects arround, the fps drops whether its VR or Monitor.

u ve read the 1st post???

I'm not sure if something has changed since the most recent open beta update, but FPS appears to be lower in missions where the static high detail F-18C is present. It's always had a bit of a hit, but it seems to have a larger impact now.

edit: I'm also discussing just in general, as I don't play in VR... yet. If something has changed, I'm sure it'll affect everyone across the board.

Have you tried to swap the F-18Lot20 with the "old" static F18?

I do realize that I got a significant frame drop if the F-18 is sitting at an airport where i added a lot of other F-18. I have not tested using the "old" F18.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S