[CAN NOT REPRODUCE] GBU-12 won't release after using LSS

neversaykever

This has happened to me a few times. Is anyone else having the problem where the GBU-12 won't release on AUTO and then you can't switch and make it release??

Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S

This may be way off base, but check to see if your profile "multi" happens to be a negative figure, if so change back to 1 and try again. I had that happen a few days ago, as did another player I was flying with. Both times in MP and we had been trying out the LSS buddy lazing as well. Just a thought.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Happened again today! Different server and in MP. Here is the Track

I can't insert the trk file. Can anyone help me out? I was using JTAK again and basicall the same thing happened as I described before.

Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S

This may be way off base, but check to see if your profile "multi" happens to be a negative figure, if so change back to 1 and try again. I had that happen a few days ago, as did another player I was flying with. Both times in MP and we had been trying out the LSS buddy lazing as well. Just a thought.

What is this multi profile you speak of?

What is this multi profile you speak of?

Under the stores page when you set up the fuzing, etc., where you can set up the quantity of release as well as the multiple (on UFC), but it shows in the profile on the DDI (PP1,PP2, etc.) when the weapon (GBU) is boxed (Selected).

See screen below (inside blue circle)

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=215951&stc=1&d=1566448136

Screen_181130_161257.thumb.jpg.b055748f77b92c03109b7e1c65713387.jpg

Edited by Firebird1955

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I am curious. Did this resolve the issue or did you find another resolution????

I had this morning also the problem that my GBU-12 didnt released and figured out that the Multiplyer was changed cause of an fail from myself.

I put the Laser Code inside the Multiplier of the Bombs. And it didnt released the bomb. After setting the MLT to 1 it worked.

3 members of my Squadron have now had this issue, including myself. ironically when it happened to me, i was on a tutorial flight teaching a new member how to work LGBs.

i should have a track file if someone can point me to how to upload it.

• ED Team

Hi all

I have had another look at this today, but still can not replicate.

I was able to kill multiple targets with GBU-12 and using LSS

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can remember that i had the strange feeling that when i set up the GBU LSS Code that i might be put it in the MULT function. Maybe there is a human mistake happened or something puts the LSS Code automaticly in the MULT field and then no release cause of faulty multiplier.

Will try this later to replicate that maybe

GBU-12 won't release after changing laser code

This is a serious problem. I'm super tired of preping for a mission and I get all the way to the target site and the GBU won't release!!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xg806igksglxoiz/Georgia%20Reign%20-%20Dynamic%20PVE%20WAR%20-%20v3.0.74-20190905-172803.trk?dl=0

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the particular server I'm on. Like mission setup stuff. So this scenario I've got 4 gbu-12s and 4 38's. Three JTACs in the area. Somedays it works fine. I am a creature of habbit. Once I learn something, that's the way I do it always. There is something happening between changing the laser code or changing weapons. So, if I load a jdam"38" with coordinates/tgp and then swap over to gbu-12 and reset the coordinates/tgp or maybe I'm loading coordinates/tgp in the GBU-12 and then switching to jdam and then next time I go back to GBU-12, it's stuck and it won't release no matter what I do. I can swap to CCIP and it still won't release! Once it's stuck, you're done!

Edited by neversaykever

This is a serious problem. I'm super tired of preping for a mission and I get all the way to the target site and the GBU won't release!!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xg806igksglxoiz/Georgia%20Reign%20-%20Dynamic%20PVE%20WAR%20-%20v3.0.74-20190905-172803.trk?dl=0

You are missing a step...suggest going though the training for GBU's as a refresher to find out what you are missing.

I'd guess that you are using the TGP for Laser guidance and you possible did not arm the laser and set the TGT WPT...those were my mistakes.

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

You are missing a step...suggest going though the training for GBU's as a refresher to find out what you are missing.

I'd guess that you are using the TGP for Laser guidance and you possible did not arm the laser and set the TGT WPT...those were my mistakes.

I'm not missing a step!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xg806igksg...72803.trk?dl=0

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the particular server I'm on. Like mission setup stuff. So this scenario I've got 4 gbu-12s and 4 38's. Three JTACs in the area. Somedays it works fine. I am a creature of habbit. Once I learn something, that's the way I do it always. There is something happening between changing the laser code or changing weapons. So, if I load a jdam"38" with coordinates/tgp and then swap over to gbu-12 and reset the coordinates/tgp or maybe I'm loading coordinates/tgp in the GBU-12 and then switching to jdam and then next time I go back to GBU-12, it's stuck and it won't release no matter what I do. I can swap to CCIP and it still won't release! Once it's stuck, you're done!

• ED Team

Merged the threads.

I will take a look and see if I can reproduce

EDIT: had a MP session this morning and tried to reproduce but was unable, I will continue to watch for it.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
Merged the threads.

I will take a look and see if I can reproduce

EDIT: had a MP session this morning and tried to reproduce but was unable, I will continue to watch for it.

So I figured out what's happening and I'm able to get around it when it happens. In my case I'm always carrying 4x GBU-12s on the inner and 4x GBU-38s on the outer. What I noticed is the ufc selections the multi is set to -24 when it doesn't work. This doesn't happen all the time. It's a combination of going back and forth between GBUs and maybe laser codes. If you click ufc and set the muli to 1 or whatever you want it to be, the GBU will then release. When the multi goes to -24 on the GBU-12s, all the GBU-38s seem to be long on the target even though I'm putting the cross on the bottom of the wheels of the target from the TGP. Also I don't think LSS has anything to do with it because it happens when I search on my own for targets. Hopefully that made sense :P

Edited by neversaykever

So I figured out what's happening and I'm able to get around it when it happens. In my case I'm always carrying 4x GBU-12s on the inner and 4x GBU-38s on the outer. What I noticed is the ufc selections the multi is set to -24 when it doesn't work. This doesn't happen all the time. It's a combination of going back and forth between GBUs and maybe laser codes. If you click ufc and set the muli to 1 or whatever you want it to be, the GBU will then release. When the multi goes to -24 on the GBU-12s, all the GBU-38s seem to be long on the target even though I'm putting the cross on the bottom of the wheels of the target from the TGP. Also I don't think LSS has anything to do with it because it happens when I search on my own for targets. Hopefully that made sense :P

Just dropped 14 GBU-38's and 14 GBU-12's from the Hornet in a MP server. Loadouts with GBU-12's on the inner stations, and GBU-38's on the outer stations - then reversed and put the GBU-38's on the inner stations and GBU-12's on the outer stations. Every single one hit on the mark, 1/2 of the GBU-12's were laser designated from a JTAC and the other 1/2 were laser designated from the Litening pod on my aircraft. Switched laser codes for the JTAC twice (1677 and 1681), used laser code 1688 for half of my own designated drops, 1689 for the other half. Not sure what the issue is that you are having, but tried nearly everything I could do to replicate the issue you are having, and only had 100% success rate with my employments....

GBU-12:

Master Arm ON

Select A/G

Select LGB

Release AUTO

MFUZ OFF

EFUZ INST

CODE: **** (of your choice via UFC)

**If designating from your Litening pod, find target:

Make sure to toggle LTD/R to ARM

Make sure TRIG is "boxed" on FLIR DDI

TDC Depress (sets desired target that you have found via Litening pod)

Hold weapon release after release cue starts to drop (around 4 seconds).

Shortly after weapon releases:

Depress the trigger so indication on FLIR DDI goes from LARM to LTD/R (which is how you know the laser is firing). Maintain laser on target without masking from aircraft, remaining onboard ordinance, or terrain.

Boom. Target destroyed or damaged (depending on target and size of LGB).

**If receiving laser from external source:

Select LSS on the FLIR DDI (ensure laser code matches to the one being provided via external source). You can change that via UFC if mismatched under LSTC option.

Same weapon release procedure.

Boom. Target destroyed or damaged (depending on target and size of LGB).

Didn't have any issues with the multiplier changing to odd or impossible numbers, on either of the weapons. Hope you can get some luck, either with some reading info and possibly discovering you've setup something incorrectly, or that there might be an issue with server(s) that you are participating in. Wonder if the issue is still the same in single player for you as well?

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just happen to me in single player missions.

When pushing the release button, the fall line flash once, but the bomb does not drop.

That was fine on the same mission yesterday, same procedure to configure aircraft and weapons.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• ED Team
Hi,

Just happen to me in single player missions.

When pushing the release button, the fall line flash once, but the bomb does not drop.

That was fine on the same mission yesterday, same procedure to configure aircraft and weapons.

If you see it again please attach the track replay I will be happy to take a look.

thanks

Thanks, I will try again.

Just one thinks : I have entered the laser code for the station 1, use step to go to station 2 and enter the code and I did not come back to station 1, but stay on station 2. Then the bomb did not release.

I have tried a second time by selecting the station 1 after the procedure, and the bomb released.

So, I will try again and post a track, but maybe it is a start.

EDIT : The selected station should not be the cause, I tried several time from the second station, and the bomb is dropping. The bomb does not hit the target however. Track attached in the correct discussion.

Edited by vctpil
Test performed

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY