This is not right.

This is not right at all.

The AMRAAM is 11.97 feet long, has a wingspan of 20.7 inches, and a diameter of 7 inches. The AMRAAM is considerably lighter than the Sparrow, weighing about 350 pounds at launch. It carries a 48-pound high-explosive directed-fragmentation warhead. Maximum speed is about Mach 4, and the maximum range is of the order of 35-45 miles.

The AIM-9 Sidewinder is 9.4 feet long, has a wingspan of 25 inches and a diameter of 5 inches. The missile has four tail fins on the rear, with a "rolleron" at the tip of each fin. These "rollerons" are spun at high speed by the slipstream in order to provide roll stability. The missile is steered by four canard fins mounted in the forward part of the missile just behind the infrared seeker head. The Sidewinder missile has a launch weight of about 180 pounds, and a maximum effective range of about 10 miles. The blast-fragmentation warhead weighs 21 pounds. Despite the advanced age of the basic design, the all-aspect Sidewinder remains a potent threat, exceeded in effectiveness perhaps only by the Russian-built Molniya/Vympel R-73 (known in the West as the AA-11 *Archer*) which combines aerodynamic and thrust-vectoring control systems.

:joystick:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not right at all.

The AMRAAM is 11.97 feet long, has a wingspan of 20.7 inches, and a diameter of 7 inches. The AMRAAM is considerably lighter than the Sparrow, weighing about 350 pounds at launch. It carries a 48-pound high-explosive directed-fragmentation warhead. Maximum speed is about Mach 4, and the maximum range is of the order of 35-45 miles.

The AIM-9 Sidewinder is 9.4 feet long, has a wingspan of 25 inches and a diameter of 5 inches. The missile has four tail fins on the rear, with a "rolleron" at the tip of each fin. These "rollerons" are spun at high speed by the slipstream in order to provide roll stability. The missile is steered by four canard fins mounted in the forward part of the missile just behind the infrared seeker head. The Sidewinder missile has a launch weight of about 180 pounds, and a maximum effective range of about 10 miles. The blast-fragmentation warhead weighs 21 pounds. Despite the advanced age of the basic design, the all-aspect Sidewinder remains a potent threat, exceeded in effectiveness perhaps only by the Russian-built Molniya/Vympel R-73 (known in the West as the AA-11 *Archer*) which combines aerodynamic and thrust-vectoring control systems.

Coolt everbody knows about it and if you ask me no need to open diffrent threads about the problem. As I heard that ED has some plan to fix it, anyway lets give them time and wait next patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

No, not another thread about it, this has been discussed a million of times, we have to wait an answer from ED, DOT. Would be nice if this come out fast, but if they aren't telling us i think they some good reason about that.

IMHO, asking is OK but reading always the same coomplaining about this is extremely boring even for common users, not even to tell about ED (i guess) that is already aware of the issue.

Also, making such statements about weapons without even telling where thoose are coming from is totally useless plus all what was needed to be said on this argument has already been said at least twice.

OMG

I cant handle it any more!!.

since I got TAC-View!! I cant stand it! I can see how the 120 is.

I cant hit a mig that is infront of me. 10 MILES Im at Mach 1.4 above the Bad Guy I SHOOT 4 or More AIM120s and they all miss.

Oh my God I cant take it any more, its worse than I ever expected it to be.

I think back and then to now of how many engagements I would have won if the missile worked.

Im supprised some of them just dont fall off they pylons. Like the AIM7s in Vietnam. "Humidity Problems"

:helpsmilie:

It looks much more an A model. Anyway, cool_t, with the F-15 (i flow it for A LONG time in Lock On being part of a virtual squadron) i started using 6 AIM-120 and 2 AIM-9, then 4 AIM-120, 2 AIM-7 and 2 AIM-9 and now i'm with 2 AIM-120, 2 AIM-9 and 4 AIM-7. With the Sparrow you must keep the lock but is much more predictable than the Slammer, plus on some occasion the smoke trail can tell you if the missile is making something odd. I still use the Slammer when i have to run after i've launched it. I know, this might not be the best solution and the payload looks like a early '90 one but all considered is the one that suits better for me. At least until things get fixed. :smilewink:

Where on the F-15 HUD is (the AIM-120) Time To Active shown?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

With the current energy state of the lockon amraam you could take a head-on shot at 4 nm and still have time to turn around and run ;).

If you try the same against an ET you will find yourself in a lot of pieces :P,

add to that the ET being the games fastest missile while in burn mode, and the most manuverable right after it's burnt up, and you have a pretty solid idea of what not to do (low alt energy vs russian planes in lomac = suicide ^^)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

169th

Ok,

So today I was in 169th, and I feel realy bad because I was locked on to a bandit and I shot 4 120s and my 120s went right for my team mate who was 15nm low at my 2:30 I was high.

So when I was engaging the "Bandits" my 120s need information from my F-15 radar as to where to go, right?

Ok so why did they go active on my team mate when the 120s were being guided towards the bandit.

THEY WENT ACTIVE ON MY BUD!!!!!! NOT THE BANDIT!!!!

I can remember when the 120s never did this, and simple BFMs would not "Spoof" the 120s Active radar.

Like I have stated B 4, If the 120s could just "LISTIN TO MY RADAR" and not become autonimus as soon as they leave the rail, engagements and Friendly Fire would be Rare or Medium rare! :)

Concluding this post I would like to further inspect, anilize, and chalenge skeptical viewers with some questions.

1. Why should they fix 120s? They are still very deadly!

2. If the 120s are fixed how will the improvements effect your tactics?

3. As far as De-classified info-if all missiles are up to PAR will we all conclude and agree on the performance and not create class action to change the performance?

Ok Pilo, Ice, Cali, Mustang, Rossi, Lt, Wags, Torwak, Toto, Acid, 504, 4c, and all of the other good wismical thinkers here lets get the snow ball rolling.

cool_t,

I've done the same, locked an enemy and had the missile guide to a friendly 20k' feet below me ... hence I don't play online any more ... just too frustrating - too much luck and too little skill.

They used to work before the last patch - that completely narfed the 15/120. Perhaps TWS was over-modelled before, but to just rip out that modelling and replace it with nothing - not good.

That patch was supposed to fix a load of stuff but for me was a big backwards step ... so when you hear the next patch will fix a load of stuff, don't get too optimistic, even if it ever appears.

Cool_t i was engaging you in BSS and i watched TV file and ure rite 120 missed me so many times, if they can be fixed with acordance to level of infos ED team has than they should be fixed, cuse i can understand frustration where it comes from.

For us Ruskies flying aircraft pilots is also not that promising when it comes to missiles.

Sometimes i fire er and it goes just straith even if i am guiding it with radar on target????? Seems so like no efect whatsoever..

I think its all balance and good piloting and Cool_T don't forget BSS is not good measurment how good missiles are modeled.

We were good organized and we delivered sorties in pars or more so tactic played huge role in achiving succes but i can see your point of view too,u expected it more from ur f15,sometimes i do with my SU27 but i dont get it i have to learn to utilize what i have, for best use.

Well for me at least in lockon there is only one situation where my enemy doesn't "dodge by accident" as his primary method of survival, and that is locerf.

Playing in HL seems kind of pointless most of the time. You learn how not to dodge missiles by real manuvers, but you learn "dodge by accident" - oh why dont I just jink left right up down with some chaffchaffchaff ..... oh I just broke 4 amraams :), I have no idea where they went, but I did not get hit so I must have dodged them :pilotfly:.

I think about 85% of all dodges you see in HL are ones I would classify as "Dodge by accident". This means you cannot in your head visualize missile energy or position/flight paths. Whenever ED or other developers release newer games with better seeker models, they will eat you for breakfast :)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Yoda, agree with you 100%. I still fly in HL some time, but there real tactics are few time useful, nonetheless i keep apllying them even if sometimes i get mad for killing that bandit and i end in some not so nice situations.

Anyway, real tactics doesn't fit well mainly not for weapons modelling but for other factors, MANY other factors. Lack of a precise task in the mission (just sweeping around to kill someone), objectives too close (and ppl flying extremely low, careless of fuel efficiency), a continous wave of enemy planes respawning and lack of coordination between aircrafts. So, what you expect? If you wanna enjoy shooting some bandits without expecting too much you can go on HL and have some fun. Otherwise, if you wanna take part of a mission there's LOCERF, fly with a virtual squadron etc.

Oh I'm not saying they dont work....real tactics. They work fine, but crazy a** flying with completely wierd head on missile engagements are far more efficient in HL and lockon right now =)

UWBuRn if you ever want to fly OpenFalcon I fly this pretty often. No way anyone will dodge by accident there ^^

Oh I'm not saying they dont work....real tactics. They work fine,

Sorry, Yoda, but real tactics don't work ... real tactics are F-15s at 35-40k' flying in line clearing the skys with their superior radar in TWS and 120s. TWS is broken, keeping a lock from that height on multiple targets is nearly impossible and 120s go stupid in look-down mode ... I've recorded it and played it back many times in disbelief.

Also, a shot from 1000' v a target at 40k' have the same range either way is just arcadish ... sorry it completely negates RL tactics ..

Yes Yoda, got the point, basically i was meaning the same. As for Falcon, presently i have only AF, i should spend few time about OF, hope it's well documented.

Back IT...

Kula, more than once i've been able to conduct succesfully long range engagements with the Su-27 and i've also scored some kills over 70km away flying very high, so if the situation isn't too confused by ECM and you're not shooting against people very low... you can't do that all the time, and usually blast the bandit with an ET it's easier. But when it works is very satisfactory. And after have learnt that i stopped flying the 15 as my favourite. :)

Sorry, Yoda, but real tactics don't work ... real tactics are F-15s at 35-40k' flying in line clearing the skys with their superior radar in TWS and 120s. TWS is broken, keeping a lock from that height on multiple targets is nearly impossible and 120s go stupid in look-down mode ... I've recorded it and played it back many times in disbelief.

Also, a shot from 1000' v a target at 40k' have the same range either way is just arcadish ... sorry it completely negates RL tactics ..

The ranges have to be adapted of course, but the principles are valid to a degree. Main point is that the amraam has about half the energy it should have.

As for tws from 40k ft on multiple targets the only thing that really makes it hard at the moment is the current ecm implementation. I am aware of tws not slewing along with the primary tws target, but this you can pretty easily do yourself.