This is not right.

Cool LO sucks bigtime in realism

I've really begun to dislike what ED have done to LOMAC I find their incomptent attempt in building a sim a joke, I mean who puts a 25 meter no radar working zone in a fight sim?, Look on the RAF server, 70% of pilots there only know how to fly under 25 meters and maddog!, it's a joke! the real funny part is these pilots who do this think there actually good pilots!, They got a big shock coming to them when a 'real' flight sim comes out.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PKM

Well,

The only real beef I have with this game is the downgrading of the F-15.

As far as pilots exploting the under the radar thing, they all die in the end and they are easy to kill.

As far as the RAF server, the "NO VULCHING" ruel is for the birds. Also they put the A-50s deeper into SAM WEZ they were easy kills.

I have good faith on ED I feel that our extensive concerns will turn the tide.

Reguarding programming and fixes it will happen they have no choice.

:thumbup:

Well I guess everybody will have his terminator maschine, the F-15C guys start too ask for more powerfull AIM-120`s all the time. But I fly both side`s (SU`s,MiG`s and F-15) take a SU-27-33 then you will love youre F-15!!

I've flown'em all. The F-15 is the most porked fighter in the game, in many ways. Weak weapons, bugged up radar, poor AWACS support.

It isn't exactly a pitiful underdog, but it -is- the underdog. In the end, what is it that you want? A balanced sim? That's not what this is right now.

A realistic sim? This ain't it, either.

People have good reasons to complain and point things out - sure, people have their fave ride and they'll stick to that in their arguments. The point is though, that everything in LO needs a face lift of some sort, and ED is well aware of it. Just because people complain about one aircraft, doesn't mean ED isn't looking at the rest.

Again, there's nothing wrong with bringing up issues with something that is the focus of one's game. This is how stuff gets found out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Anyone who flys all 3 main fighters will know that the Flanker is the underdog and the Mig29S rules with the F-15 a close second due to it being able to carry upto 8 Actives.

If you want to win fly the Mig , if you want to survive take F-15 , if your a balls out nutcase then hop in that Flanker cos your a man my son.:)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yeah noobs take em in the face good , but I guarantee ill score more kills and survive in F15 than Flanker everytime.

Why noobs?

If missle has got more range, why I shouldn't get it? Your course of thinking is not logical and too smart.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

ED Guys, Why you always so negative when people bring up the F15's issues? Every singel thread!

With all the respect to ED and Ka-50 Project, We having realy undermodeled aircraft!

When so many people complain about this, I guess ED must come to us with more official relation...

I feel like I have to add something to this "Which is the best plane" discussion.

If we disregard the energy issue, the current weapon problems are just as annoying for the people flying russian jets, as they are for those flying the F-15.

In the end if all is done properly in lomac, from both sides, I must say I think the f-15 will come out on top most of the time. If you have really good skills in radar slewing and energy, unless there is crazy mountain cover (IE socchi area) the f-15 should come out on top.

BUT.

There are far too many exploits right now to get around this, and mostly the issue with energy having a third role in bvr 1v1 at the moment.

1st place : SA

2nd place : Crazy a** flying ( = exploit flying), "dodge by accident" included in this category

3rd place : Energy.

At the moment the f-15 is least likely to make use of nr2, for several reasons, one of them being that the F-15 pilot blacks out easier than for example the flanker pilot, BUT.

If you put the best flanker-guy up ther in a 15 rounds 1v1 vs the best eagle driver, then as lockon is right now I really believe the f-15 would come out on top. If you make this a more general test, take 100 random experienced f-15 pilots in hl vs 100 random experienced flanker pilots, I am also confident the f-15s would win....statistically speaking :), given that all fights are 1v1s.

Now here is the deal. At the moment this crazy flying (exploit flying) is FAR too efficient. Sure you can be lucky once, or twice, given that the missile fired at you has damaged seeker or manuvering systems ;).

Given a high energy pitbull amraam C-3 on your 12 you should be fighting for your life - period. not "lalalalalala BIG A** BARRELL ROLL LALALALA :)".

I would rate the planes like this at the moment statistically, even if we include "2":

1. Eagle

2. Fulcrum

3. Flanker

But unfortunately I think this is for the wrong reasons.

In reality I believe the flanker is definately on par with the eagle in a bvr engagement. Currently,

amraams are too slow and too "weak" (seeker wise).

R-77 slightly too slow, and otherwise shares the amraam's problems. (although I am unsure how accurate this missile should be)

ERs are just too weak.

ETs are the best missile in the game (anyone who says no is an #&%# ^^)

Aim-9M has shorter pursuit range than guns (tested and confirmed)

Anyone who doubts the ET being the game's strongest missile, try 1v1 vs a guy with 8 ETs using lope. U r dead ^^

ED Guys, Why you always so negative when people bring up the F15's issues? Every singel thread!

With all the respect to ED and Ka-50 Project, We having realy undermodeled aircraft!

When so many people complain about this, I guess ED must come to us with more official relation...

ED have not posted in this thread yet. Only the beta-boys have, and they are pretty much "How can I help you today, Master ED?", well at least some are ;)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Why noobs?

If missle has got more range, why I shouldn't get it? Your course of thinking is not logical and too smart.

Your not thinking about it enough, noobs do take them in the face good which doesnt mean you wont get it either. Everyones auntie knows the ET is the best missile in the game but having two of them on your Flanker won't make you a world beater, its the easiest MRM to see in the game.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

No Frostie, not -that- individual :D

If you want a missile comparison, they would be like this ...

AIM-120

R-77

AIM-7

R-27(E)R

R-27(E)T

Just for MRMs. The R-27's are pretty much out-classed by the much upgraded AIM-7, and the 77 and 120. The 27's are old missiles that haven't received much development, and they essentially -should- suck compared to the new stuff.

But what does 'suck' mean in this case? Does it mean you laugh at'em when they're launched at you?

No.

It means, that to achieve the same Pk as say, a 77, you might have to volley 2-3 of them. This is the definition of 'suck' ... it should be defined in terms of Pk, because the whole sum of what a missile is made up of comes down to basically this: How likely is it to destroy an enemy aircraft?

Whether the Pk is reduced by poor electronics, poor fuzes, poor resistance to ECM or -whatever- other reason, doesn't even matter to -us-, at least superficially. All that matters is the end result. We can leave the 'how it is done' to people who are more technically minded and can achieve a proper Pk simulation using whatever means are available to them.

So er, shall we recap: Missiles in LO suck and need help. And, yes. ESPECIALLY the US missiles. (But, truth be told, they all - all of them - need to have the seeker model reviewed. It's just that on top of that the US missiles have had their legs cut out from under them)

And hey - if those were simulated 'correctly'? ... Mig and flanker pilots wouldn't be so happy. Nope ... not at all. The MiG-29S' with their R-77's would do ok ... until they met organized resistance. Flankers would be SOL unless a newer flanker model is simulated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Personally I would find LockOn a tad boring if the AIM120 was as good as what some of you expect it to be. I mean who wouldfly anything else if F15's ruled the skies from 45,000 feet and obliterating everying within a 30 mile radius?

I like the way things are right now. Its an even fight most of the time. In actual fact in the hands of a pilot who knows how to F-Pole and has some intestinal fortitude the F15 is still the most dangerous A/A fighter in Lock On.

You don't even have to F-Pole, and that is the point. Boring? I think not; I can't see how an attempt to model things in a way that would require the application of realistic evasive action and counter-fire would be in any way boring. As things stand now, BVR in LOMAC is quite a ways away from reality.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally I would find LockOn a tad boring if the AIM120 was as good as what some of you expect it to be. I mean who wouldfly anything else if F15's ruled the skies from 45,000 feet and obliterating everying within a 30 mile radius?

I like the way things are right now. Its an even fight most of the time. In actual fact in the hands of a pilot who knows how to F-Pole and has some intestinal fortitude the F15 is still the most dangerous A/A fighter in Lock On.

You don't even have to F-pole in Lock On, as GG mentioned. And why would an F-15 modelled properly necessarily rule the skies? If anything, it would encourage more teamwork since the Russian pilots actually do need to work as a team to overcome the AMRAAM/F-15 combination, and in turn F-15 pilots need to work as a team to counter the numercial superiority of the Russians.

It's obviously a give and take thing. There are other means to achieve parity than throwing out the whole issue of realism just so things can be even.

• Like 1
sigzk5.jpg

I cant hit 2 AI from 10nm low level!!

I use TWS.. Lock them both, Considering energy! And waiting for pitbull.. Nothing.. They split right and left droping some flares and chaff And whoohoo they dodged aim120c with 10 nm!!!

Yes

Cool T have you flown the MiG or Su online?

Goya yes I have flown the Migs, and Sus' but I prefer the Eagle any day.

In all due respect to all of the great virtual Pilots.

MY dominant issue is the 120 misses way to much when I have the best of advantages in Air Combat. In so many engagements the "Bandit" can not find me or does not know where I am egressing to. Right now as it stands the F-15c is Number 3 in AIR To AIR. look at all of the Kill Ratios on all servers that provide these goods and services.

In all due respect as well I have killed plenty of Migs in my A-10a with sidewinders. It all comes down to "Its the Pilot not the Plane"

I know that we keep talking about these issues but would you drive your car with your tires half inflated? NO!!!!

Would you buy half a house for the full price? NO!!

Could you do half your job at work? NO!!

But in some and in most cases in life it seems like we all get delt the lower hand or the grass is greener in the other side. But with some cunning and improv you can turn half and F-15c into a deadly weapon.

Some of the main issues I have with the F-15c is: The 120cs' range, speed, deceleration rate, and seaker head malfunction.

F-15 thrust to weaight ratio, IFF, DATA LINK, and "DOPLAR SHIFT" returns.

Some times I feel like im flying a Super F-4 Phantom put up against High Tec-Migs and Sus.with The 120s that act like the EARLY AIM-7s.

So as far as the next move by ED perhaps they should consider input from new guys like my self and other consumers of LOMAC.

Thanks guys!

:joystick:

P.S. My girlfriend got me ACE COMBAT 5 today!! LOL HEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!:joystick::doh::lol::thumbup::music_whistling::megalol::smartass::music_walkman::drink::drink::cry_2::beer:

Look Here

My best ratio was when i flew the f15 most of the time. Why? Because it has a great radar, lots of missiles, fuel flares, chaff and speed. It Is the most dominant fighter in Lock On.

The AIM120 is a very effective missile but you need to be close to get a high kill ratio. 10miles is 20 km or thereabouts and is too far to expect to get lots of kills. 5-8 miles is much more effective.