This is not right.

Yes, right. The AIM-120 has the advantage of measuring closure among other things, and doesn't have the disadvantage of an error-prone nutating seeker (error prone compared to the radar seeker). No IR missile without FPA should be claiming accuracy greater than that of an AIM-120.

In fact, in LO we see heaters taking down AAMs... if you wanted to do such a thing RL, the heater would be by the worst weapon to do with ... a slammer would work better, but you shouldn't be betting your life on it doing what you want it to do in that case ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So

Ok,

the 120 is gona get a fix, right.

So for some of us ground pounders A-10

the Mav is the worst PORKED in the sim. My gunz are more deadly than the MAV they have the same range.

We cant ZOOM in the MFD as well.

Why would a flight SIM manufacture do this, I just do not get the whole picture.

Can some one put a light on the subject?

:pilotfly:

Yeah, we are. I've been popping mavs off from 8nm out forever now; the one thing that might shorten this is haze, or using the K.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Errrrrrrrr?

Sounds like you're using the -65K bud - that, or you're not zooming in your AGM-65D seeker.

Ok, AGM-65D seeker? How in gods name is this done? I feel like a rookie!

"Hahahah you no funny Dr. Jones!!"

Ahhh, eeerrrr, Alt-?, shift-?, Ctrl-?, Alt-Ctrl-Tab-Shift-Insert-Numlock-?

:lol:

:)

T, I suggest you save the 169th mission and study it.

Ahhh, Tac-View is for the birds I dont use it any more. I dont need it, never did.

If you cant imagin it or if you get "Hit" you set your self up for it.

Tac View also slowed down my FPS. It was nice to see people warping or 120s just not using there PROX-Fuse. Naaa it causes to many problems I think Ill leave it up to my "Imagination".

Its just like with my Art and Music, just play hard and only hold the Highest of Standards with out being trendy or a "Poser" :megalol:

GOYA I never see you on line any more, whats up, wheres RIO, MOMO, and the rest of the gang? I could use some help you know!

:joystick:

GOYA I never see you on line any more, whats up, wheres RIO, MOMO, and the rest of the gang? I could use some help you know!

I fly the 15. I use AMRAAMs. I got tired of the frustrations and am taking a break from flying LOMAC. I installed 1.02 and might start flying that.

Check PM.

Not getting kills is not a reason to be absent from online gaming. I still manage to get kills online with good kill ratios, so can you, you just got to invest in different tactics. Observing yours I can understand that you cant have any fun. Its time for a change. You can always use a different fighter as well, why not?

If your getting killed by those poor avengers, then your flying too low. If you get killed flying high prectice the radar better. F-15 was made to fly high.

My 2 cents.

P.S. In case your wondering I have also been absent but due to RL issues. Take care.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

F-15 was made to fly high.

The real life F-15 was ... the LO one has no real advantage - TWS is totally borked, no answer to the uber-ETs, AMRAAMs are dumb, ECM is screwed and abused, low-flyers are immune, weapon FMs are arcady!

Looks like I'll be waiting 6 years for EDs next NATO fighter to play A2A online ...

I have always flown high with F-15. Yes its hard to use the radar but is possible. When the AMRAAM is tuned up, flying high will pay off better.

My PC specs below:

Goya, if it's not a secret - what is your tactic?:)

There is no single tactic. It depends very much on the situation. But in a perfect scenerio, fly @ angels 16-18, use TWS mode, only jam when necessary and never when firing, fire 2-3 missiles ~ 5 secs apart at the bandit from 12-15nm (closer seems to not work as well) hold lock until ~ 10nm from bandit (unless that feels suicidal) and then get out of danger. And when I say "feels" it truly is a feeling and I have never really thought of a way to say why that feeling is triggered. Many, many hours of online stick time is the only way I can suggest to get it.

I have always flown high with F-15. Yes its hard to use the radar but is possible. When the AMRAAM is tuned up, flying high will pay off better.

The higher you fly the more you have to look down, the narrower the 'cone' is and manually keeping track of multiple targets becomes impossible. 1 is easy, but TWS is supposed to offer multi-target ability - this is what was borked in the last patch.

AMRAAM was supposed to be tweaked in the last patch ... so I'll reserve judgement - if a patch is ever forthcoming.

Im aware of that, it only becomes a problem at 10 miles. Besides firing multi target in TWS is a waste of missiles, youll likely miss all of them, so I usualy scare one off while it gives me time to concentrate on the other.

My PC specs below:

Im aware of that, it only becomes a problem at 10 miles. Besides firing multi target in TWS is a waste of missiles, youll likely miss all of them, so I usualy scare one off while it gives me time to concentrate on the other.

Thats what TWS was invented for! It used to work just fine ...