This is not right.

Apparently it is standard procedure RL to switch to STT once your target's at around 10nm. The auto-tracker isn't perfect.

And if there are a pair of bandits?

In RL if you've let a Mig-29 get to 10miles then you've really screwed up!

Why do you say that?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then your wingman picks up the other guy, or if you don't have a wingman, you basically risk it - you can potentially lose both of them though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It depends. I've seen it done both ways on hud tape with radio calls ... (so yes. We know the real AIM-120A's DLZ from that, at least for one specific case, that is). It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Remember, shooting outside of the Rtr still doesn't mean that the target doesn't have to go defensive, or that he can slack off in his maneuvers.

And yes, 7nm is BVR. WVR you should be distinguishing the aircraft shape.

Engaging at 7 nm actually works with Lockon FC 1.12: If you fire at Rtr you have a sure kill, at least in single player. But I wonder: is this BVR? Maybe IRL you would not fire from much farther?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

And if there are a pair of bandits?

You've screwed up somewhere , common knowledge tells you 2 against 1 ain't good, you best be bugging out unless your names ChuckNorris, which apparently is who all F-15 pilots are.:D

TWS is supposed to offer multi-target ability - this is what was borked in the last patch.

TWS hits targets just fine for me just struggles against pilots who don't want to die. AFAIK the RL TWS is a poor second place to actual STT due to predicting position instead of actual position, to say whether its right in LO or not is something only an actual F-15 war Vet could tell us.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

You're right and wrong here frostie - F-15's will take on F15v2xMig29 situations ... they were designed to take on multiple of those, especially with the AMRAAM, and whittle them down BVR before getting any closer. Taking on 2x Su-27 is scarier, but according to what I heard, they might still not decline that fight - it is a matter of avionics, weapons, and the termendous SA that radar gives them (as well as other sources)

While yes, TWS is a poor substitute for STT, and IIRC procedure IS to sort bandits and take them on 1v1, TWS still gives you a /tremndous/ SA ... the real F-15 covers twice the vertical airspace in search than the LOMAC one, and sees much farther - one quote I got mentioned the ability to pick up a MiG-sized target in mountainous backgound between 60 and 80 nm away. Not represented in LO.

What's missing in TWS in LO is an auto-track/center function, and the real-time update is, of course, all wrong for a non AESA or PESA radar.

But have no doubt - the F-15C is a BVR monster. It's what it was built to do, and unlike certain budget/production compromized designs, it does the job frighteningly well. F-16 pilots for one don't like BVR vs. F-15's, even though they're armed with the same weapons ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Two incoming TWS bugged bandits close enough for a double kill is an online F-15 pilot's dream come true. At least it used to be.

Not in 1.12... In 1.02 it was so:) But not now.... The main dis-a of F15C is the poor radar vs Flanker one. You can't lock the rectangle close to jammers, the radar's seeker is to slow instead of RU and so on...:noexpression:

As a su-27 user...

(I didn't read all of previous articles, read only some forward part and because I'm not American, I am not as good at English as they are,

But I could recognize main subject a little.)

I want respect ED's decision about realism level. I also have some complaints (ex.lethality of R-77, R-73) personally. if all users claims his own wishes mindlessly, I think developers will not able to react one by one.......

F-15 is sufficiently lethal in LOFC.......

I disagree. Sufficiently lethal would mean that real world tactics work with at least close to the same lethality. It is very frustrating to work for a very good launch position just to see the missile fail miserably.

Please don't take people posting about realism they want to see in the F-15 to mean that they think the Russian fighters/missiles are modelled correctly.

(I didn't read all of previous articles, read only some forward part and because I'm not American, I am not as good at English as they are,

But I could recognize main subject a little.)

I want respect ED's decision about realism level. I also have some complaints (ex.lethality of R-77, R-73) personally. if all users claims his own wishes mindlessly, I think developers will not able to react one by one.......

LOMACS F-15c is like a F-4 Phantom and thats being very, very, light hearted.

Its a big Joke no IFF, underpowerd, TWS can be detected, the gunz are more effective than the AIM-9, the 120s, ya well.

All Migs and SUs have way better modeling here and missiles. Its a funny joke hahahahahah.

Im still at a loss to "WHY THEY DID THIS" to make things equil? Hardly look at all of the people who COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, time and time again.

WOULD YOU BUY A CAR THAT WOULD NOT START?

WOULD YOU BUY HALF AN APPLE FOR FULL PRICE?

WOULD YOU SELL SOME INVESTMENT STOCK FOR FREE?

WOULD YOU FLY A JET WITH HALF ITS WINGS?

WOULD YOU EXPECT YOUR EMPLOYER TO PAY YOU 1/2 WAGES?

THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!!!!!!

So for the people who ARE CLOSE TO ED, and ED, ITS WAYpast DUE and OLD, Your losing customers. JUST FIX IT FOR GODS SAKE! We pay for it, we buy it, WE DID NOT PAY ED 1/2 of the GAME COST for downgrades. Its an isnult to the comunity and our intelect.

ED/WAGS/ or to whom it may concern, WE PAYED YOU FOR A UP-GRADE NOT A "Ahhh will just tune down some things, they wont know untill they buy it"

COME ON I have givin you OVER $100.00 U.S.D so far, I payed for the product NOW I WANT WHAT we DESIRVE.

Take 2 hours and fix the code, take one hour to test it, take 15min to post it up on the site.

And for all of you who "think" that your close to ED/who ever think again your just like me, and everone else here. SO HELP US CONSUMERS OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO More Games with our time and MONEY, we have houses, bills, kids, cars, ect.

FIX THE 1.3 update, WE PAYED FOR AN UPGRADE NOT A BIAST DOWNGRADE.

Any one who thinks that EDs decision for LOMAC was a "GOOD BUSINESS PLAN" to do what they did to LOMAC is just trying get a foot in the door. Has it worked? No.

GIVE US WHAT WE PAYED FOR, its all about morals, and "Better Business"

I can garentee this, you will not survive in this game industry if you take our time and Money, aluding to false pretences and advertising.

Just Fix it and YOUR CONSUMERS WILL FORGIVE YOU.

cool_t, I agree on that it should be fixed, but forum screaming wont change that it still has to be fixed unfortunately .

I think the community and devs need to realize that there ARE alternatives if you are willing to look beyond visual details.

RedViper and OpenFalcon are both excellent games, and in there the concept "dodge by accident" simply does not exist.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

cool_t, I agree on that it should be fixed, but forum screaming wont change that it still has to be fixed unfortunately .

I think the community and devs need to realize that there ARE alternatives if you are willing to look beyond visual details.

RedViper and OpenFalcon are both excellent games, and in there the concept "dodge by accident" simply does not exist.

I respect your inquest but like I said some more people need to"Fourm screem" dont you get it?

You payed for this game, and for goodness sake some of the guys that have put almost $10,000.000 into servers and goods and services, for LOMAC and ED-and YOU TO YODA.

DO you know how much money some of the dedicated server people have spent on the hard wear, softwear, and time.

I think you should go to bat for some of the server guys and most dominantly the "NEW GUYS"

Just a reminder, some of the server guys have spent close or over $10,000.000 on goods and services to ED/ and the SIM GAMING INDUSTRY.

They need a good pat on the back or payment for free advertisement.

:mad::joystick:

I agree with with the content, but not the method.

cool_t I tried what you are doing now. I tried posting here in the forums, angry,frustrated, other forums, I sent emails to the developers, but the cold response is always the same - None whatsoever.

In the end you like some more and some less. Currently ED lives because people don't see the alternatives.

If you are saying someone spent millions of dollars on servers and services for lomac I am seriously confused. Lomac does not even have dedicated server software. It does not have a really useful multiplayer control interface. Lomac is more of a learning tool than an actual sim in my eyes. Hope for the best (fixes) but expect the worst. When the real sims come out later (FO and maybe DCS for fixed wings) "the exploit flyers" wont make it past the first missiles. I am not trying to make what you are saying worth less.

I would be VERY happy and surprised IF ED fixed the most obvious stuff with the game - I want them to do this of course!, but I am expecting nada.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Okay, that's enough.

We understand that some of you feel missiles in general and/or Western equipment in Lock On is undermodeled. It's possible some of these issues will be looked at in a Flaming Cliffs patch, but for now no official confirmation for one has been made or will be made until ED can more confidently estimate their resourses. They hope to be able to work on a patch when more resources are available, but for now there is nothing more to say. If you like, you can contribute your wishes for a possible 1.13 patch in the sticky thread for it.

rouge_blade, this will be your last warning.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules