Need some beginners help

Hey guys!

Since I was very young my life long dream was to become a fighter pilot. I have probably watched Top Gun and Iron Eagle over 50 times each:thumbup: But when that dream never materialized I started flying simulators on my computers back in the 80's and did so for many years. Then other priorities like family, kids and work kept me away for over 15 years. But with the arrival of VR and other cool stuff I found my interest flaring up again! And when I happened upon DCS a couple of years ago I started to look into maybe buying "things":smilewink: So, at 48 I decided to go all in and started ordering stuff (to my wifes dismay:D) Thursday last week, after about 5 months of waiting the final package arrived from Virpil and my setup is fianally almost done! It now includes:

• PC with Intel 9900K, Asus 2080ti GPU, 1500GB of SSD and NVME drives and 32GB RAM
  • Pimax 5K Plus headset
  • 2 x Valve Lighthouse 2.0 Base Stations
  • Valve Knuckles controllers
  • Slaw Device RX Viper rudder pedals
  • VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle
  • VPC WarBRD base
  • VPC MongoosT-50CM2 grip
  • 2 x VPC Desk Mount V2-L

RJ4hOjA.jpg?1

I'm also about to order a sim rig from either Monstertech or JCL but have not decided which one yet.

So now I'm basically like a kid again and really want to get into DCS. I have spent a large part of this past week setting up and tuning everything. But now I really do need some help from you guys with a couple things I can not find solutions to on the forums or on Youtube.

1. I see many having keybindings like " HOTAS Slew Up" "HOTAS Select Sparrow" etc. As I have no such bindings in my Control Options I understand these are scripts you use to add these options in the settings, but I can not find any and how to insert them! How do you guys add these and is there any good tutorials for them? Also, is there custom made scripts to download for each aircraft somewhere?
  2. I started of by setting up controls for the A-10A FC module. Everything registered great in the controls but when jumping in to fly the aircraft I can not get any of the buttons to work. All the axis including throttle works fine, but no buttons on the joystick or the keyboard registers! I can not change weapons, lock targets, fire guns and so on! Nothing! I spent almost two days trying to find a solution! I read about people having various similar issues and thought that DCS and Virpil controls did not play well together, but then I tried the same thing on the F-15C and everything worked great!!! Has anyone experienced the same and know what is going on? I have yet to try other aircrafts as I mainly plan to fly the A-10 or F-15 until I get the f-16 module.

Thanks for taking the time and hope to see some of you in game later!

Regards,

Jonas

Sweden

You should maybe refer to HavocCompanyClan Tutorials and calibrate your stick CM2 + warbird base on the following link, then you can bind any key on your joystick buttons and throttle with Virpil software and then it will work fine

you could download the Virpil software and documentation on their site

link:https://www.youtube.com/user/HavocCompanyClan

Thanks gholi and JG14 Smil!The controls work fine in other aircrafts like the F15 and SU27 so Virpil software seem Ok. I found the game profiles in the installation folder and under the Flaming Cliffs mod and tried resetting them with no luck. I now found the same profiles in /user/username/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input folder that has been modified at a later date than the former. I guess those must be the ones used and the ones I should reset instead. I will give it a try tomorrow and see what happens. I just find it odd that it only seem to be the A-10A that is affected?

Also, look at Voice Attack (or the DCS specific companion Vaicomm that's built on top of VoiceAttack.

May help when flying in your Pimax.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1