Su-22M4 comming to DCS

Go to solution Solved by SVKSniper,

wow so perfect cockpit) cant wait when we all will clicking systems in this one) glad u r ok too)

1 more question: I saw u not add "ФКП СШ-45" (photo-monitoring device that really was right of sight) I think we need it) it will shake when u land and during high overG turns)

1 more video with this beast)

Edited by Logan54
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

May update!

I'll start with the news I have for you. Last weekend I visited the museum and started working on the cockpit seat. Work is also continuing on other details in the cockpit. If everything continues as soon as you can, you can expect cockpit textures and new renders! 🙂

Thanks for your comments and support!

UXrpOQ4.jpg

eOG66Mu.jpg

GGgx9w9.jpg

mENrKsu.jpg

yK0wGbE.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

19.05.2022 в 20:53, SVKSniper сказал:

May update!

I'll start with the news I have for you. Last weekend I visited the museum and started working on the cockpit seat. Work is also continuing on other details in the cockpit. If everything continues as soon as you can, you can expect cockpit textures and new renders! 🙂 M

Man, this is awesome cockpit! I see u realized SH-45 and engine throlltle, cool view in complete cockpit, so what will u work at next?) catapulte seat?)

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 1:53 PM, SVKSniper said:

Thanks for your comments and support!

Just know that even when we aren't commenting - some of us are eagerly enthusiastic about this project and checking in regularly! I hope you enjoy this creative act (we certainly do)!

Edited by Avimimus
  • Like 3

Thx for update!

Btw/ A certain photo in the field of weapons - a very important part as we know - the tractor! 😅

NODBcts.jpg

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

Ohhh, Dude.... Did you see? :unsure:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

29 minutes ago, SVKSniper said:

I see it for the first time ... what can I say, I was in contact with another 3rd party (OctopusG never contacted me), but if it's official, I can throw my three-year job and free time completely in the trash ....

lT1k2KE.png

Seriously it's like slap in the face. I feel sorry for you man. Let's hope ED can clear this up, otherwise it would be unbelievable waste.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

52 minutes ago, SVKSniper said:

I see it for the first time ... what can I say, I was in contact with another 3rd party (OctopusG never contacted me), but if it's official, I can throw my three-year job and free time completely in the trash ....

lT1k2KE.png

Sad news 🤫, I was thinking that maybe you started work together. As I know, OctopusG there is small team from Russia, only 2 people. Maybe join to his Team so as not to lose your own work? I think this module will be very popular. Your work looks more advanced at this time. This reminds me of the situation with Pilatus Porter for MSFS. There were three companies working on it ... (finally Asobo did it as free model).

Edited by YoYo
  • Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Seriously it's like slap in the face. I feel sorry for you man. Let's hope ED can clear this up, otherwise it would be unbelievable waste.

As someone that has hoped for a Su-17 in DCS, how is it a slap in the face?  There's a team looking to produce a module as a product for sale, versus a single guy working on a mod in his spare time.  If a team is investing the time and resources to develop a mod, having secured the necessary documentation to model it correctly, what behooves them to target something else rather than what interests them to make?

Further, under what terms would it be in EDs interest to stop a Fitter module from being produced?  You have a team that has the SDK and is making ED an income stream through their percentage cut from module sales, versus a mod.  Eagle has to defer to their third parties based on that basic arrangement.  DCS exists to make ED money, and ED isn't going to block mods when others are willing to buy in and ante up at their table. 

Now as has been said, this doesn't have to be the end of this work if OctopusG is interested in a partnership.  This situation does, however, underline the risk of mod making.  Three years is a long time to invest and not actually have something for public access. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though anyone was willing to come forward to assist in the other areas needed to bring this to completion.  Perhaps that can change, even with it now presumably on the schedule.  Nobody is going to look a mod in the mouth and say "no" if they don't want to pay for something, so there is still value in moving forward. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lunaticfringe said:

As someone that has hoped for a Su-17 in DCS, how is it a slap in the face?  There's a team looking to produce a module as a product for sale, versus a single guy working on a mod in his spare time.  If a team is investing the time and resources to develop a mod, having secured the necessary documentation to model it correctly, what behooves them to target something else rather than what interests them to make?

Further, under what terms would it be in EDs interest to stop a Fitter module from being produced?  You have a team that has the SDK and is making ED an income stream through their percentage cut from module sales, versus a mod.  Eagle has to defer to their third parties based on that basic arrangement.  DCS exists to make ED money, and ED isn't going to block mods when others are willing to buy in and ante up at their table. 

Now as has been said, this doesn't have to be the end of this work if OctopusG is interested in a partnership.  This situation does, however, underline the risk of mod making.  Three years is a long time to invest and not actually have something for public access. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though anyone was willing to come forward to assist in the other areas needed to bring this to completion.  Perhaps that can change, even with it now presumably on the schedule.  Nobody is going to look a mod in the mouth and say "no" if they don't want to pay for something, so there is still value in moving forward. 

OctopusG is one man show, is it not? SVKSniper tired to deliver this as a module and not as a mod. If his work cannot be contracted in joint - venture, then the waste of the work is like slap in the face, given the fact that ED insists on telling us they read everything in this forum. 

OctopusG - IF they are making Su-17 for DCS, should be looking to join forces to bring the jet together. I was following this project and perhaps I overreacted.  Maybe you are right though. Maybe OctopusG is more than one person, and maybe they are suited better to deliver Su-17 as a module. It's OK I guess, whoever has got the better cards, wins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

11 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

OctopusG is one man show, is it not? SVKSniper tired to deliver this as a module and not as a mod. If his work cannot be contracted in joint - venture, then the waste of the work is like slap in the face, given the fact that ED insists on telling us they read everything in this forum.

How many people are in OctopusG is immaterial to the conversation, and ED is under no obligation to protect mod makers because, hey- they see a conversation.  

Seriously- do you legitimately think that a mod maker, or a team of developers making a mod, somehow blocks out aircraft from being worked on by actual third party firms?  

As an example, there used to be an F-14 mod using the FC F-15; there's an F-4 mod bouncing around if you know where to look, and an A-6 mod as well.  Do you believe that Heatblur shouldn't be allowed to produce these aircraft, then?  

Is it unfortunate work may be lost?  Sure.  Does that mean that the rest of the world is simply supposed to stop moving forward because somebody might get around to producing a mod sometime in the next decade?  No.  Life is short- for everyone.  If someone wants to step in and get it done to a degree befitting official release, it's their prerogative.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunately, modding is ALWAYS a bit of a risk, and so is creating paid add-ons (see MSFS - how many Spitfires do we already have? This is the market) but I hope they will work together finally. Fingers crossed for both project, Sniper did great job here and Im personally apprecite a lot his work 😍 . Perhaps if the work was going faster, Today we would have a different situation (Su-22 on the other brand?), but its what its. Its only worth adding that the OctopusG's project seems not yet officially approved by ED, but it should also be noted that the Octopus has been an official partner from years, although with only one module. Hope they will get along.

Edited by YoYo
  • Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

@YoYo noted

@lunaticfringe lol mate, chill, read again what I said mate if you want, but take it easy, I already said you might be right. End of story. 

• Thanks 1

Let's get the facts (and speculations?) straight...

There is no indication the Su-17 from OctopusG is for DCS, they also have some aircraft for other sims. And as far as I know, OctopusG is a 3D modeller for the most part, and they should be working on La-5 right now anyway.

Magnitude3 (The team SVKSniper is in contact with?) has already been teasing Su-17 for quite a while. Ultimately, we don't know if either project is approved by ED, but my money is on Magnitude3.

Edited by Cukrrak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cukrrak said:

Let's get the facts straight...

There is no indication the Su-17 from OctopusG is for DCS, they also have some aircraft for other sims. And as far as I know, OctopusG is only a 3D modeller for the most part.

Magnitude3 (The team SVKSniper is in contact with?) has already been teasing Su-17 for quite a while. Ultimately, we don't know if either project is approved by ED, but my money is on Magnitude3.

That's a proper plot twist. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cukrrak said:

And as far as I know, OctopusG is only a 3D modeller for the most part.

That is interesting, because they have (while admitedly on the simpler side) one of the most well done 3rd party modules ever in I-16. Seems like most people just flat out forget that module exists sadly. They are a small team, but just a 3d modeler suggestion does not check out compared to what they have already achieved so far. And frankly, my personal subjective take is, based on my experience between modules from each, I prefer to get Su-17 from OctopusG.

Moreover, Mag3 has:

- Corsair to release/finish

- MiG-21 to rework parts of at the very least

- F-8J to release/finish

While OctopusG has been far from being the fastest developer, neither is the Mag3, and to me it looks like we are more likely to get it sooner from OctopusG.

Su-17M4 is, together with F-4E, at the top spot of things I want in DCS, by a strong margin. While it is incredibly sad for loving work, sweat, blood, and tears of SVKSniper potentially ending up being for nought, and I'd be more than a little miffed in his shoes, expecting ED to do this or that about the situation is just weird. Especially if ED didn't yet grant a contract to either for Su-17 yet.

In the end, I want a quality Su-17M4 in DCS, and as long as that happens, I'm happy, as an end user it doesn't matter too much for me, from whence it arrives.

We don't know if OctopusG's Su-17 tease is really for DCS of course, but let's be honest, it is more likely to be so than not. We also don't know whether either company officially signed with ED for a Su-17 module contract, which doesn't seem to be the case, but that's just a gut feeling. Either way, there may perhaps be a potential for SVKSniper and OctopusG to work something out for at least the external model if it suits both parties.

Finally, all of us here, including those of us who claim to get facts straight, potentially including myself, are really only speculating at this point. Let us remember that neither Mag3, nor OctopusG so far had anything other than teasing about this aircraft. Let's wait for more concrete news from either to materialize.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

14 hours ago, lunaticfringe said:

Seriously- do you legitimately think that a mod maker, or a team of developers making a mod, somehow blocks out aircraft from being worked on by actual third party firms? 

Suppose it was your 3 years that you get to toss down the toilet. AFAIK this mod has been in the works quite publicly; if a 3rd party came by and claimed rights to the A-4E3 made by DCS Community, wouldnt you be upset that their hard work gets to be tossed out without any discussion? I understand that the only way to protect against intellectual theft is a copywrite or a patent, but just because it doesnt doesnt make it right. Lets be realistic - it kind of is intellectual theft. No, at the very least someone should have said something.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Thanks 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

2 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Wow 🙂 ladies and gentlemen... We're firmly into the territory of "unhinged" at this point with the opinions 🙂

Intellectual theft? Sigh...

Taking someones idea and using it for your own benefit IS theft. 35 variants of the Su-22, and it just so happens to be the M4. YOU need to check yourself.

• Thanks 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

I suggest you all dial it back on the accusations. 

If a dev shares images and does not explicitly say it is for DCS it could be for anything. 

As ever unless you see a module announced in the newsletter nothing is officially confirmed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I suggest you all dial it back on the accusations. 

If a dev shares images and does not explicitly say it is for DCS it could be for anything. 

As ever unless you see a module announced in the newsletter nothing is officially confirmed.  

All I am suggesting is that there absolutely needs to be a conversation between these two parties and/or with ED because quite obviously there is a conflict of interest.

• Thanks 1

My wallpaper and skins