A VR option for propeller

toutenglisse

Anton's propeller is superb.

But in VR it creates many and constant ASW artifacts, everywhere it crossed other plane's part (visor/"hud", nose and canopy's frame).

In opposition the propeller of the Mustang creates zero artifacts.

I don't know why (both are 3d models at any rotation rate), but they have a difference regarding ASW.

Could it be possible, if it's not something related to a bug (?), to offer an option, like a simplified model if it works, for VR use without ASW artifacts like in the Mustang ?

Thanks, and great result with Anton's new windscreen frame !

Edited by toutenglisse
spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! Sorry I tried but none of the synthetic pictures made by ASW is drawn on the mirror.

I tried recording 60fps video from VR mirror with both FW190A8 and P51D but both video show no ASW artefact, while in the Anton there are constant artifacts with both eyes (F.E the most obvious is the sight is deformed by propeller) and no artifact at all with Mustang - both flights same with 45FPS + ASW.

Also same with screenshot. No ASW artifact appears on VR mirror.

I fear it's only seeable inside a VR hmd.

• 2 months later...

+1.

Turning off ASW/reprojection is not a solution, but a mere workaround that makes the rest of the game look worse.

That other WWII sim has a VR friendly setting for propellers that works on all their aircraft in the sim. Here we've been asking ED for years to fix the propeller effect on just Spit and Anton.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This is a bug and should not be on the wishlist imo. Just compare with the VR integration of the 109's propeller where it is flawless.

Copy/paste any1? ;)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 6 months later...