BFT #07 Immelman

Hi everyone...quick question - bizarrely I'm finding this the most difficult maneuver to master!

Thing is once I start to lose speed at the top of the Immelman - I seem to lose alot of control authority and have two problems

Firstly and most importantly my roll rate seems to go down the pan! I'm sure I should be doing something with my rudders at low speed but for the life of me I don't know what...

Secondly I'm finding it hard to stop my nose dropping past the 0 degree lineas I come out on the top of the Immelman - presumably as I'm tottering on the edge of a stall and the plane is looking for more lift...

What do I need to do to ensure this cadet flies this maneuver crisply and neatly!

Airbag_signatur.png

Starting at 260kts i don't seem to be able to come out of the top of the Immelmen with anything like enough speed

I've practiced a number of times and watched Recons Stewarts video multiple times and he seems to wallow about and come past 0 degrees (level flight) too

Is there anyway to keep speed up in the Immelman i'm missing or anyway I can get better control authority at sub 100 kts to allow me to level of at 0 degrees and roll crisply?

This maneuver just looks a mess (not like the nice clean ones I can do in an F5!!!) every time i try

Airbag_signatur.png

Go max thrust as soon as you can and then try not to pull too hard on the stick.

With practice you will find there is a sweet spot where if you pull past it you then lose speed quickly.

Speed is essential to maintaining control and if you are too aggressive you lose the ability to make the half loop.

• Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates