Stage 2 trigger problems with CM2 Grip

mazex

Hi,

Even though I like a lot about the Virpil products I would like to warn you that their support is not impressive if something breaks down. You might have to be without your gear for a long time if something happens, especially if you are further away from Lithuania / Belarus than I am from Sweden.

The trigger of my CM2 grip was not working when I got it. The second trigger stage just worked intermittently so I sent a video showing it and asked for a replacement. They where quick to respond but even though they accnowleged that QC should have cought this, I had to send my joystick to Lithuania and wait for almost a month until it got back. After the package that I traced arrived in Lithuania they had it there for 2 weeks before sending it back over mountains, hills and oceans. So - after using it for 2 weeks exactly the same problem arised. I sent a question back to their support and they said they where very sorry but I had to send it to Lithuania again before they could send a replacement... Incuding a courier of their choosing picking it up only during businees hours so staying home from work again etc to get it away.

I can accept that the first problem (even though it never should have passed quality control) was a case where I had to send in the grip and give them a chance to repair it instead of sending a replacement. When they "fix it" and the same problem arises there is only one way to handle it in my opinion. Send me a new grip and then I return the broken one to them when I get it. Why should I be without a stick for weeks the second time it happens? I have given my old G940 to a friend so that would mean weeks without a stick (again)... They replied that this time if would be prioritized in Lithuania and not stay there for 2 weeks so it would be much faster than the last time... Sigh - it still has to get to Lithuania and back that is ~2 weeks based on the last time. And it was not prioritized the first time? Really?

So I replied that I am not interested in being without my joystick for a couple of weeks more and will have to live with that the trigger is not working. I don't use it that much in DCS (not for the F18 at least) but I like having it mapped to stage 1 = MGs and stage 2 = MG + Cannons in another WW2 sim i fly. They did not even bother to answer that.

I will for sure stop doing button layout templates and community software guides that I had started doing before this happened ;)

EDIT: And being a small company providing a niche product I have really waited to give them many chances to sort this out in some way that makes me a fairly happy customer. Even though I was rather irritated about the first return, I did not post anyting about that problem here. This is not the case now after the problem got back again and their solution is the same - me waiting without a stick for weeks. Sitting here with a non-working second trigger stage that will stay that way, naturally makes me a bit more restrictive in my joy. This is just what I was afraid of when ordering from a small company like this. What if something breaks down and I will have to wait for weeks sending it to Lithuania? OK one time but when they have did not fix the problem the first time, waiting a second time is a no-go if you want me to continue buying your products at least.

Note: if anyone from Virpil gets here and responds that this is not their view of what has happened I will happily post the whole email chain with their support ;)

But - I would like to emphasise that if your Virpil gear works it truly is awesome!

Edited by mazex
harsh title

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

You might considering asking them for spare parts and swap the button yourself. Their hardware is usually easily accessable for maintenance:

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

My first V1 grip arrived last Nov and straight out of the box it also had the second stage trigger not working right,

I ended up spending 15 minutes fixing it myself, rather do that that wait a few weeks for it to be returned and fixed and sent back to me

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Thanks guys!

Well, getting a "handcrafted" product in this price range that is not working out of box is kind of annoying. Getting it back after weeks with the same problem even more so. It would be something with a mass produced bulk product but we are talking of very limited series. That you had exactly the same problem out of the box is really not encouraging as I thought I had a "Monday sample". They claimed to have changed both the trigger and the switch when they did their service that did not work out...

But I have done a fair bit of soldering and tinkering over the years so it seems like this is the way we have to do it until Virpil catches up with how to handle customer care - and redesign the trigger as it obviously has design problems...

Virpil needs to understand that threads like this costs them many sales instead of just sending you and me a replacement without any discussion, and trusting that we will return the faulty device after that. That would have been the smart move...

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Never had any trouble with my mongoose except for 2 plastic triggers snapping in the heat of battle (plastic triggers are a bad idea).

But I do agree if the product is not working out of the box, then I would expect a replacement rather than it to be fixed and sent back to me. It's basically like receiving a second hand product in my opinion, and in my mind one that would more likely to break a second time in the same way. There's alot of DIY involved with these units though, so I imagine they do get alot of people breaking things and then claiming it arrived broken which probably eats away at small business like theirs.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

My first V1 grip arrived last Nov and straight out of the box it also had the second stage trigger not working right,

I ended up spending 15 minutes fixing it myself, rather do that that wait a few weeks for it to be returned and fixed and sent back to me

Looking at your video it surprises even me that is not a mechanical engineer how poorly designed that second stage trigger solution looks.

Look at that red extension on the trigger that is supposed to press the switch - but is very thin and hits it on "the edge":

QUPYgoh.png

If they had just added some more plastic on the extension as shown by the red fillet triangle below it would have a much better chance to actually press it more evently:

lDGrmHJ.png

And if they added a small "cap" on top of that yellow rubber switch (shown in cyan below) it would have a much bigger area to hit and the pressure would be around the whole edge of the button like the spring for the stage one trigger - the negative beeing the hard click instead of the extension hitting rubber:

C64EFM6.png

Sigh - amazing that we are having this discussion. I am actually thinking of dismantling the joystick I just bought that was not working when I got it...

Viripils main problem is trust as their products are generally great but people from the west are a bit scared about putting down around 1000 USD with a small company in Belarus that seem to have serious production problems. Will they actually deliver the goods? Will they be around to support the product with drivers next year when Windows 10 version 2003 causes USB connection issues? What will happen if the product breaks down some way? Will I have to wait for ages sending it to Belarus via Lithuania?

Here we are now eroding that trust in public as they did not trust us customers instead, sending a replacement first and then trusting that we would return the old grip after receiving the replacement... That is just bad business - or actually stupid. Virpil - I think it's a fair bet to guess that people that can afford to put down USD 1000 on a Hotas setup are honest rich tech nerds that drive BMW's and Porsches. We don't try to scam someone to keep an old faulty joystick grip or sell it second hand for USD 50. OK?

Virpil - I think it's a fair bet to guess that people that can afford to put down USD 1000 on a Hotas setup are honest rich tech nerds that drive BMW's and Porsches. We don't try to scam someone to keep an old faulty joystick grip or sell it second hand for USD 50. OK?

Nah, I ride a Ducati Panigale V4.:pilotfly:

I had my fair share of issues with them, but they always resolved them. It would usually take some time, sometimes more than "some".

They have a lot to learn when it comes to sales and handling issues, but they are getting better at it. IMO they are still a mom&pop kind of shop (and I am not saying this as a criticism) and having level of support we expect and are used to from some other companies (Logitech comes to my mind - I have tons of their gear and if anything ever broke they would send a replacement immediately, no questions asked). requires a lot of investment, knowledge and infrastructure. Personally I really like their products and want them to become a worldwide success, but I'll not hesitate to criticize them for shipping delays, broken switches due to bad packaging etc. hoping that they will notice and improve.

I hope your problems get resolved soon.

p.s Cypher (their PR/customer support/everything) is a great guy and they have to hire more of them :)

Edited by mdee

Never had any trouble with my mongoose except for 2 plastic triggers snapping in the heat of battle (plastic triggers are a bad idea).

But I do agree if the product is not working out of the box, then I would expect a replacement rather than it to be fixed and sent back to me. It's basically like receiving a second hand product in my opinion, and in my mind one that would more likely to break a second time in the same way. There's alot of DIY involved with these units though, so I imagine they do get alot of people breaking things and then claiming it arrived broken which probably eats away at small business like theirs.

Yeah I had a flip down trigger break on my T-50 Grip.

They did replace it for me relatively quick.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That is just bad business - or actually stupid. Virpil - I think it's a fair bet to guess that people that can afford to put down USD 1000 on a Hotas setup are honest rich tech nerds that drive BMW's and Porsches.

Ha I'm certainly not in that catagory! I built my HOTAS and pedal system up bit by bit, and although expensive relatively speaking, it's actually quite cheap when compared to something like a family car or a house. Same with VR, I soon got over it!

Yeah I had a flip down trigger break on my T-50 Grip.

They did replace it for me relatively quick.

Had my second break recently Don, onto my third and final now. I did press down too hard on the second trigger (first not so much) but I still consider it a flaw, as sometimes I just cannot control myself in the heat of battle. It's a fantastic flip down trigger that feels very bad ass, but the mongoose has the opposite problem as the warthog, sturdy innards and weak externals. Probably wont replace it once the third one breaks, as it would be too much trouble, and probably best to get used to flying without it.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Ha I'm certainly not in that catagory! I built my HOTAS and pedal system up bit by bit, and although expensive relatively speaking, it's actually quite cheap when compared to something like a family car or a house. Same with VR, I soon got over it!

Yes - sorry for that broad generalization of the Virpil customer group :)

I am however quite certain that the Virpil customer group are dedicated hardware affectionados that are willing to part with hundreds of dollars to get the best gear money can buy. We come here to help out other similar people just because we love our hobby. And generalizing from that I have a feeling that we are the type of customers that would definately send back a grip after receiving a replacement. We trusted Virpil by wiring hundreds of dollars to a small company in Belarus - return that trust please.

Well from my perspective, i had an USB issue with my v1 Throttle.

The respons from Virpil customer support was very swift and we had some try's on different solutions.

we came to the conclusion to send it back to Lithuania, from there it went to Belarus were their chief engineer

solved the problem!

All in all it took some time, but i'm happy with the result and they are trying to do their best!

Thank's Virpil

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Hi,

Even though I like a lot about the Virpil products I would like to warn you that their support is not impressive if something breaks down. You might have to be without your gear for a long time if something happens, especially if you are further away from Lithuania / Belarus than I am from Sweden.

The trigger of my CM2 grip was not working when I got it. The second trigger stage just worked intermittently so I sent a video showing it and asked for a replacement. They where quick to respond but even though they accnowleged that QC should have cought this, I had to send my joystick to Lithuania and wait for almost a month until it got back. After the package that I traced arrived in Lithuania they had it there for 2 weeks before sending it back over mountains, hills and oceans. So - after using it for 2 weeks exactly the same problem arised. I sent a question back to their support and they said they where very sorry but I had to send it to Lithuania again before they could send a replacement... Incuding a courier of their choosing picking it up only during businees hours so staying home from work again etc to get it away.

I can accept that the first problem (even though it never should have passed quality control) was a case where I had to send in the grip and give them a chance to repair it instead of sending a replacement. When they "fix it" and the same problem arises there is only one way to handle it in my opinion. Send me a new grip and then I return the broken one to them when I get it. Why should I be without a stick for weeks the second time it happens? I have given my old G940 to a friend so that would mean weeks without a stick (again)... They replied that this time if would be prioritized in Lithuania and not stay there for 2 weeks so it would be much faster than the last time... Sigh - it still has to get to Lithuania and back that is ~2 weeks based on the last time. And it was not prioritized the first time? Really?

So I replied that I am not interested in being without my joystick for a couple of weeks more and will have to live with that the trigger is not working. I don't use it that much in DCS (not for the F18 at least) but I like having it mapped to stage 1 = MGs and stage 2 = MG + Cannons in another WW2 sim i fly. They did not even bother to answer that.

I will for sure stop doing button layout templates and community software guides that I had started doing before this happened ;)

EDIT: And being a small company providing a niche product I have really waited to give them many chances to sort this out in some way that makes me a fairly happy customer. Even though I was rather irritated about the first return, I did not post anyting about that problem here. This is not the case now after the problem got back again and their solution is the same - me waiting without a stick for weeks. Sitting here with a non-working second trigger stage that will stay that way, naturally makes me a bit more restrictive in my joy. This is just what I was afraid of when ordering from a small company like this. What if something breaks down and I will have to wait for weeks sending it to Lithuania? OK one time but when they have did not fix the problem the first time, waiting a second time is a no-go if you want me to continue buying your products at least.

Note: if anyone from Virpil gets here and responds that this is not their view of what has happened I will happily post the whole email chain with their support ;)

But - I would like to emphasise that if your Virpil gear works it truly is awesome!

Hi Mazex,

Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues with your VPC gear and that you have been dissatisfied with the support you've received.

I've checked in with this support ticket and reviewed the current situation. I understand that your grip was encountering inconsistent inputs on the second stage of the main trigger. Unfortunately things can sometimes go wrong, but of course we will do what we can to get this resolved in the easiest/fastest way possible. This is not a common issue nor something that I have discussed with any other users in recent memory, so rather than running you down the DIY/remote troubleshooting route which may not have revealed the exact issue and used up a lot of your time, we offered to collect the grip from you using our courier service, and have it repaired at our service center, tested and sent back out to you via Express courier.

The grip had been working upon receipt from our service center but you had then reported to us that the issue had returned after 2 weeks of use. As the issue had returned it was clarified that we would not repair your old grip, but rather send you out an entirely new grip. Transit time from your address to us using our express courier is 3-6 days so we'd be able to get your replacement sent out very quickly as you would not be waiting on the service center for a repair. We simply offered the collection service for convenience, however if our offered courier collection service is not suitable you are of course free to send the item to us using your own preferred method!

Here we are now eroding that trust in public as they did not trust us customers instead, sending a replacement first and then trusting that we would return the old grip after receiving the replacement... That is just bad business - or actually stupid. Virpil - I think it's a fair bet to guess that people that can afford to put down USD 1000 on a Hotas setup are honest rich tech nerds that drive BMW's and Porsches. We don't try to scam someone to keep an old faulty joystick grip or sell it second hand for USD 50. OK?

While I understand what you're saying, we just do not send out anything ahead of receiving the faulty items and this is clarified on our webstore information pages. This is certainly not a policy unique to VIRPIL - and in fact is specifically advised by PayPal and our payment gateway.

If someone can send us a message claiming something is faulty which we cannot verify is actually faulty, and then grant them a free duplicate to that item with no reason for them to send us anything back at all, this would set a rather dangerous precedent as I'm sure you could imagine :smilewink:

I am absolutely not implying you would do this, but we cannot make exceptions on a case by case basis - how would we be able to determine this? This could also upset others who were unable to get this option where others were. As such, unfortunately the rule is the rule and allows us to provide a consistent and fair service to all our users.

I would also like to clarify - we are 100% not refusing to get this grip repaired (or replaced in this case) for Mazex. We are really upset to see anyone unhappy with their VPC gear and the offer for a warranty replacement is still available for Mazex if they so choose.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I had a defective Western Digital hard drive, I was required to send it back to Germany and would receive a new one in exchange.

WD offered an advance replacement, so that I wouldn't have to be without a hard drive, but they took my payment card details first and booked the full amount of a new hard drive before sending out the new one (in case I didn't send the defective one back), with the understanding that I had 30 days to return it or I would be charged.

Maybe this kind of option would satisfy those customers who feel they can't manage without their hardware for a couple of weeks? IIRC Paypal can offer such an option - though I don't know what they charge for it.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

When I had a defective Western Digital hard drive, I was required to send it back to Germany and would receive a new one in exchange.

WD offered an advance replacement, so that I wouldn't have to be without a hard drive, but they took my payment card details first and booked the full amount of a new hard drive before sending out the new one (in case I didn't send the defective one back), with the understanding that I had 30 days to return it or I would be charged.

Yep you're absolutely right! Unfortunately this is a feature that we do not have access to on our platform/payment gateway currently. A lot of these features can be region dependent or based on other factors out of our control (such as PayPal Credit - we get asked this a lot, but while we'd love to have the option, it's not something that is available to us with PayPal Lithuania).

We're always reviewing ways to improve the customer purchasing and support experience - with some backend changes already in the works, I hope in the future we'll be able to offer more convenience features! :thumbup:

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like I said, I was annoyed the first time waiting a month to get a grip that did not work when I got it fixed - but I did not rant about it here. If you put yourself in my shoes where I get it back and the same problem then comes back immediately - how would you react?

So - I am not interested to wait for two weeks again without a joystick so you can contact me when you get your systems that you feel that you need as you don't trust your customers set up, or if someone in management realizes that this is one of the situations where you just need to take the risk of not getting that faulty grip back.

Like I said, I was annoyed the first time waiting a month to get a grip that did not work when I got it fixed - but I did not rant about it here. If you put yourself in my shoes where I get it back and the same problem then comes back immediately - how would you react?

From what I understand everything was working correctly after you received the grip back from our service center, but the issue came back after a further 2 weeks of use - due to this, I wanted to forward the grip over to our Chief Engineer in Belarus for inspection to see what's going on with your grip and why the issue came back after the parts in question were replaced.

As you had already waited for the initial repair service, I didn't want to make you wait for a repair a second time which is why we offered a brand new grip replacement which would have got to you quicker.

So - I am not interested to wait for two weeks again without a joystick so you can contact me when you get your systems that you feel that you need as you don't trust your customers set up, or if someone in management realizes that this is one of the situations where you just need to take the risk of not getting that faulty grip back.

Again, this isn't a question of me not personally trusting you or any other customer. As Brixmis had pointed out - it's certainly not a policy unique to us.

We're more than happy to get this replaced for you and I really don't want to leave you with any VPC gear you're not completely happy with, so please get in touch at any time and we can get this sorted!

Edited by Cyph3r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Again, this isn't a question of me not personally trusting you or any other customer. As Brixmis had pointed out - it's certainly not a policy unique to us.

First - you as a person is naturally not relevant here. You represent Virpil. Period.

With a policy like that and no flexibilty, I really don't understand how you cannot see that this is a case where Virpil do not trust me to actually return the old device if you send the replacement first, as you have already accnowleged that you will not try to repair it again - but I will get a replacement sent to me as soon as you get the old grip back? I am a customer that have been rather affected by quality issues in your products twice and doing that would make this a LOT less annoying for me as you might understand?

And this is how successful companies handle situations like this today to aviod social media badwill like this discussion, that costs a lot more. You know my real name from the order. You have my approval to look up my LinkedIn profile, but not spreading my real name here. After that I hope that you understand that I have some knowledge about what is customary? And I know how my company would handle it.

But it's clear that we are not getting anyway here - so lets stop this waste of time and getting your company more badwill, as I actually want you to succeed ;) Later this fall when I get tired of playing around with new stuff in the F18 I guess I will come back to you and schedule a couple of more weeks of ground time ;)

First - you as a person is naturally not relevant here. You represent Virpil. Period.

This is what I had tried to get across - it's VIRPIL Controls' policy, I did not want you think I was implying you or anyone else were untrustworthy. :smilewink:

With a policy like that and no flexibilty, I really don't understand how you cannot see that this is a case where Virpil do not trust me to actually return the old device if you send the replacement first, as you have already accnowleged that you will not try to repair it again - but I will get a replacement sent to me as soon as you get the old grip back? I am a customer that have been rather affected by quality issues in your products twice and doing that would make this a LOT less annoying for me as you might understand?

As Brixmis had pointed out with their experience for example, they had the capability to place a hold on the value of the item and charge someone in full if the faulty item was not returned within a predetermined timeframe, this is not something we're currently equipped to handle but the policy as a whole is also not unique to us either.

I really do understand that you have encountered a repeat issue which is why we had offered a brand new replacement this time around to minimise your wait (/inconvenience/annoyance)!

Later this fall when I get tired of playing around with new stuff in the F18 I guess I will come back to you and schedule a couple of more weeks of ground time ;)

OK agreed! Again, I am sorry that you'd experienced any issues at all but please get in touch with us directly (or PM me on this forum) when you're ready and we can get everything moving ASAP as we do want to get this resolved for you! :thumbup: :pilotfly:

Edited by Cyph3r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the first place, i'm actually happy that companies like VIRPIL exist. A niche product for a tiny market is always a great risk for a small company and the devices they build are fulfilling my needs perfectly. None of the bigger players achieved that so far.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

In the first place, i'm actually happy that companies like VIRPIL exist. A niche product for a tiny market is always a great risk for a small company and the devices they build are fulfilling my needs perfectly. None of the bigger players achieved that so far.

Agreed, we are very lucky to have companies like Virpil and VKB to provide better equipment for our niche hobby. I have supported both myself.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Agreed, we are very lucky to have companies like Virpil and VKB to provide better equipment for our niche hobby. I have supported both myself.

Thanks for the support guys!! :thumbsup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, in my heart I am a supporter as well and very happy that companies like Virpil exist as there was a long drought of new joysticks on the market for years before them and VKB.

After that second trigger failure directly after getting the repaired device back, I am just a bit less supporter right now - but I will get over it ;)

Mazez,

QC aside, problem in dual trigger switches is easy to diagnostic.

Open the grip (I know, one don't should need do this in a brand new $400...) and press the micro switch direct, using a screwdriver or something.

Is high probable that micro-switch is OK, but the trigger lever are not pressing the micro-switch sufficient - a millimeter fraction less can cause problem, in this case just glue a very thin layer of plastic over the trigger lever tip and the needed movement is reinstated.

I have fixed CH and TH fault micro switch in this way.

I had almost the exact same issue with the trigger on my TM Warthog stick. The fix you mentioned was the same as what I did to fix my trigger. I still use that stick but it’s now on the Mongoose base. Love that base! Virpil makes great controls and their customer service is fabulous.

BTW, the title of this thread is certainly not warranted.????. It should be edited by the op.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread but someone might come looking. I had a problem with my TM F-18 grip on the virpil base. Long story short (it was a long story) I kept experiencing freezes but only on line which led me down all kinds of tracks including VR settings and then finally I discovered my trigger was intermittent. I know this sounds stupid but it had loosened very slightly on the base and shifted slightly. I believe it was generating noise which perhaps messed with the ping or something. Its easy with hindsight but when it didn't freeze on mission start it sometime did as I rolled over to make a kill (ruddy frustrating!). When I re-aligned it and really tightened it down all the problems went away so if you get problems like this the message is check that stick mounting.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit