OPEN DISCUSSION

:helpsmilie: We are interested in your opinions and experiences with the campaign.

Our goal was not only a sequence of tasks to accomplished.

I want to create something like an interactive movie with you in the primary role.

And it should be as close as possible to real-life without overwhelming workload or lots of boring cross country flights. :cry:

The atmosphere was also an important point. So we animated as much as possible. Because of that at some points, you have to wait for things they not necessarily related to the mission itself.

How worked that out?

Did you realize the grade of detail while concentrating on flying?

What about the level of difficulty?

We appreciate your assistance in optimizing this campaign and making the next one even better.

Always happy landings ;)

Hello CHPL,

I've only done the first mission and it was a real pleasure to fly.

The way the « story » advance with non planned events, the places you choose for the action. It was really a great flight with some tense moments and great landscapes.

(landing on the bridge, following the cars)

By the way I'm no expert pilot, still learning to master the Huey and the difficulty is exactly what I needed (Stuck for now in the Argo campaign because of the broken search light). The fact that the mission was quite long (not sure how long exactly) is creating some tension as i fly it twice because of an aggressive tree and a first crash or maybe my bad flying skills, not sure…

The fact that you timed it with external event that have no incidence with the mission make it feel more immersive. The first mission was full of small surprises... It makes it far more interesting than a linear « go from A to B do this and come back »...

So I can say it works :)

I'll do another feedback when i'll have time to fly some more missions.

PS : Where do I find your discord channel ?

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

Hello CHPL,

I've only done the first mission and it was a real pleasure to fly.

The way the « story » advance with non planned events, the places you choose for the action. It was really a great flight with some tense moments and great landscapes.

(landing on the bridge, following the cars)

By the way I'm no expert pilot, still learning to master the Huey and the difficulty is exactly what I needed (Stuck for now in the Argo campaign because of the broken search light). The fact that the mission was quite long (not sure how long exactly) is creating some tension as i fly it twice because of an aggressive tree and a first crash or maybe my bad flying skills, not sure…

The fact that you timed it with external event that have no incidence with the mission make it feel more immersive. The first mission was full of small surprises... It makes it far more interesting than a linear « go from A to B do this and come back »...

So I can say it works :)

I'll do another feedback when i'll have time to fly some more missions.

PS : Where do I find your discord channel ?

Many thanks, that's exactly what I intended.

And like I sad already in other Threads when you fly the campaign for a second or third time you always will find some details you did not realize in the flight before.

Helicopter Pilot Meeting Point on DISCORD

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

Always happy landings ;)

Mission 1 strange end

Hi, and thanks for creating the campaign. I have hundreds of hours in the Huey in singleplayer and also on Blue Flag MP servers. I'm conversant with pretty much all the Huey systems so I felt right at home straight away with the first mission.

Only problem is : I've just done the first mission and everything was fine until my door gunner shot the second car. When it was 'killed' it suddenly cut to an outside view of (I think) my Huey firing at the car and the mission ended. The scoreboard appeared saying the mission was completed but I had died! Shame, it was pretty good until that point - lots of other air traffic and comms chatter and a real feeling of immersion.

Any ideas?

Unfortunate DCS has "sometimes" as strange behavior.

In this case, I believe it was the blast of the explosion that killed your pilot. It's simulated since one of the last updates.

As for as, I have the mission in mind. You should first follow the cars with weapons hold and wait up to that point you get the order to destroy them.

After that, there is no reason for the mission to end.

I will check it out why it is accomplished anyway:(

The counting system is pretty simple. You get enough points at the beginning so you don't fall back to a previous mission when an attempt was not successful. And you get the Points necessary for a win only at the end of the mission.

But the first Mission? Let's reset the Campaign and try it again.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...
:helpsmilie: We are interested in your opinions and experiences with the campaign.

Our goal was not only a sequence of tasks to accomplished.

I want to create something like an interactive movie with you in the primary role.

And it should be as close as possible to real-life without overwhelming workload or lots of boring cross country flights. :cry:

The atmosphere was also an important point. So we animated as much as possible. Because of that at some points, you have to wait for things they not necessarily related to the mission itself.

How worked that out?

Did you realize the grade of detail while concentrating on flying?

What about the level of difficulty?

We appreciate your assistance in optimizing this campaign and making the next one even better.

I noticed that there's quite some traffic around the airport or e.g. moving cars or soldiers at some LZ which gives it more life. To me, there's maybe a bit too much waiting time at the airport in mission 1 and 2. It's ok if you play the mission the first time. If you have to replay a mission, then it can be slightly "annoying" (however, time compression is your friend in that case).

During the formation flight in mission 1, I focused on Wolf 1 which means I probably did not noticed all the details (unless Wolf 1 was talking about air traffic).

Mission 1 felt slightly too long to me - at least the formation flight to the ship and back. Mission 2 felt right to me, except that I didn't finish it yet due tot he "known issue" with the AI not landing at the LZ. But I guess the missions are in general "quite long". I flew mission 3 of Border Campaign yesterday which was 35 minutes and that was right to me. Overall, I'd say 45-50 minutes would be perfect, but it of course also depends on the tasks (45 minutes flying just straight is boring).

Doing the 4 short sling loads in mission 2 was nice even though I wouldn't have need the time pressure of the sliding Wolf 1.

Some of the spelling mistakes really should be corrected though (stuff like look/lock, sure/Shure, How/huw). It can be seen that you put a lot of time into the missions and so far the story seems to develop. I'm curious to see how it continues.

My very first opinion (before I bought the campaign) was "oh...Batumi again :-/". I wish there would be other areas or other maps for future campaigns. However, the good thing was that I looked at the briefing of mission 1 and I knew exactly where to fly to without even have to plan the flight. The area is well known ;-)

I'd say once the spelling mistakes and the issues/bugs who prevent people to continue the campaign are fixed, we'll have a really fine campaign. I may comment on it again once I finished all the missions. So far, thanks for the campaign.

• 2 months later...

It took me two months to finish the campaign. I thought it was excellent. The level of difficulty was quite high with 5b being the most demanding. Playing this campaign has improved my skills quite a bit (due to all the replays)

Keep up the great work I look forward to your next installment :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Playing this campaign has improved my skills quite a bit (due to all the replays)

Thak's a lot. You cant imagine how feedback like yours is a great release for me.

And with all my respect, I didn't hear you cry about your struggle :thumbup:

You took the challenge and mastered it.

During the time developing the campaign I played any mission so often, it is uncountable. Sometimes I take a break from one mission and moved to another but I never field bored bey all the replays.

So it was just my hope that for you guys will also not feel boring to fly some missions more than once.

In fact, I hope in a few weeks or months, you will fly the whole campaign again and you will encounter some details you may have missed for sure, for the first time.

Always happy landings ;)

No complaint having to repeat missions. The degree of difficulty, terrain and weather made for some intense moments. Also enjoyed the level of communication between the crew and the instruction from Peter to Frank (player). Important tips for the campaign and flying in general.

I have just ordered a VR headset so will definitely be flying the campaign again in VR.

Have also enjoyed flying Snow Desert a few times, it’s my favorite formation flying practice mission.:pilotfly::pilotfly::thumbup::thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Speaking of 'completing missions', I seem utterly unable to complete the campaign. Every time I finish Sandman, shut it down, I get "Mission ended, winner is Blue"... But the campaign always shows as active, not complete, and I go back to the Sandman mission again.

Am I missing something?

Am 17.12.2020 um 05:58 schrieb 3Star:

Speaking of 'completing missions', I seem utterly unable to complete the campaign. Every time I finish Sandman, shut it down, I get "Mission ended, winner is Blue"... But the campaign always shows as active, not complete, and I go back to the Sandman mission again.

Am I missing something?

Need to check that out, maybe the message " Winner is blue " breaks something. There are many things in the mission editor without effect in the past, now leeding to unexpectd behaivior while they are fixed. :cry: .

If ther is somebody with the same issue pleas let me know.

Always happy landings ;)

hey CHPL,

just wanted to say I wish you would remove the Ka-50s from the mission 5-1. Getting killed by their 30mm on the top LZ3 and LZ4 needs also a smoke marker. That is all.

Thanks

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb WildBillKelsoe:

hey CHPL,

just wanted to say I wish you would remove the Ka-50s from the mission 5-1. Getting killed by their 30mm on the top LZ3 and LZ4 needs also a smoke marker. That is all.

Thanks

Hey WildBill

Thanks for your feedback.  At least in the Beta the KA-50 is on Wappons hold and shud be no danger anymore.  If the problem still exists, please send me an additional message so I will check that out.
With the same update, we added in time markers on the F-10 map. Smoke markers may be a possibility, but how is throwing them if nobody is at the scene to do so? 

Always happy landings ;)