Gaming Chair - Recommendations?

Hey gang,

I have been using an old office chair for some time now that is not very comfortable.

Looking for any recommendations on a good gaming chair.

I would sure appreciate any feedback!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Playseat Flightseat for heavy duty, simplistic simpit. Otherwise any comfy office chair. There are also more elaborate simpit ''chairs'' you cam easily find

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I've been looking at this myself lately.

I took off the wheels on my office chair to stop some of the movement when using the monstertech mounts. Still rotates...

I'm going to go with a good car seat (BMW, Merc etc) from the wreckers and should cost not even half the price as those good gaming seats and be more comfortable for longer game play.

Just need to build a base box for the runners to bolt to. Monstertech do make a base frame, little more expensive this way. Or just buy what I need 8020.com.au.

Might even connect up the electrics for tilt, height, heating etc lol. I also do some car racing, so it will suit and not move at all when smashing car pedals.

m3vad-1.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks guys much appreciated!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you're a bigger butted man, check out Clutch, which has a range of sizes. Solid, comfy and compatible with monstertech chair mounts. Every jet should have a swivel seat, makes it easier to check six. And cupholders, every jet needs that too. (Dunno what Boeing was thinking)

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

1) Buy gear for 5000 bucks or more to have a high realism combat flight simulator.

2) Use swivel chair for checking your six.

Here are the youngsters talking.

Some Pilots have a hard time getting in and out of the chair or doing any kind of stretching movements. a Swivel Chair is a great help...yeah...not if you are still in the prime time of your body :cry:

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I just wrote the check.... ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

+1 to getting a car seat from a car yard - some of the passenger seats have never been used in many cars! :-)

For a while there, I use a bucket seat from an '87 Buick. Worked great! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Here are the youngsters talking.

Some Pilots have a hard time getting in and out of the chair or doing any kind of stretching movements. a Swivel Chair is a great help...yeah...not if you are still in the prime time of your body :cry:

It's even more important to do stretching and movement in general as you age :-)

(that and eat as much whole-plant foods as possible - a lot of what ailments that are considered age related, aren't so much related to age, but rather that people have been eating poorly for a long time, too much dairy, too much meat, and they get the diseases of kings, so to speak )

anyway sorry about the tangent, but look after your body and mind and you will have plenty happy DCS days to come :D

• Like 2

As a heads up, be careful buying a high-backed gaming chair. Dburne, I know you are a VR guy, and I've just bought myself one and found that the high back makes it very difficult to look up and behind, as my head keeps hitting the headrest.

Fine still for most things, but for BFM (which I do a lot of), it's a major disadvantage. I may return the chair, I'm undecided if I can get used to working around it...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

As a heads up, be careful buying a high-backed gaming chair. Dburne, I know you are a VR guy, and I've just bought myself one and found that the high back makes it very difficult to look up and behind, as my head keeps hitting the headrest.

Fine still for most things, but for BFM (which I do a lot of), it's a major disadvantage. I may return the chair, I'm undecided if I can get used to working around it...

Ah thanks for the tip, much appreciated!

Don B

Better bite the bullet and return it for the longterm. This is a immersion breaker out of the text book don't you think?

I love it for everything else, much more comfy than my first chair.

I’m adjusting my seating position such that I sit leaned a bit forward for BFM, getting used to it...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

+1 to getting a car seat from a car yard - some of the passenger seats have never been used in many cars! :-)

I welded a comfortable car seat to the base of an office chair. Reclines, moves, comfortable for hours.

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

1) Buy gear for 5000 bucks or more to have a high realism combat flight simulator.

2) Use swivel chair for checking your six.

I will say, tilt it back and put monstertech chair mounts on it, and it does a passable imitation of the F16 seat, which is good cuz of all the G forces and all. DCS wears me out!

Yikes!!! Reminds me of a dental chair. Talk about taking a missile in the face!

There you are, that didn't hurt, did it?

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 2 years later...

Apparently, after watching several YouTubes mostly all gaming chairs are made from the same manufacturer and of average quality and over priced approx $300

There is one guy suggesting ego office chairs are better.

I am going to get this for maximized comfort and add an out door seat cushion  and cover it with a sheep skin cover over seat as per below....

Image 1 - Charlie Visitor Office Chair - Black PU

1.jpg

31QbVRfeadL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Then the plan is to add a mod like the joy stick mounts by Monster Tech..........

monstertech_chair_mount_center_07-1-scal

Instead of this over priced rubbish ...............

ysdesign-ysgt-mustang_86dc2511-e969-47c2

• Like 1

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, wurger13 said:

Ikea Poang...   200 USD, super comfortable.

Yep, that's what I use, with some custom arm mounts for my throttle and joystick. Very comfortable for a low slung VR position in front of the TV.

Or, for a more conventional upright position set at a desk, the IKEA MARKUS office chair is very comfortable and much better than a gaming chair.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

I just don’t care for How high and pointy the Monstertech chairs are. I’m looking for the perfect low profile back just alittle higher from the shoulders for VR as mostly flying in VR. I just haven’t found one the has the middle cut out for the center stick. May have to do a DYI chair. Well, buy a new one and cut the center myself then send it out to upholstery shop for leather covering. 

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020