[Report Thread] Bugs of China Asset Pack

RocketmanAL

hmmm, confused now.

this was reported and should be fixed.

please wait for nov 18 update and check.

the problem was the total life in DM part is smaller than ship life.

So once all DM parts are destroyed, collision will be unavailable, but the ship life is still > 0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Unfortunately this still appears to be an issue in the latest open beta (2.5.6.57949), but the hitbox is removed later, I got up to a total of ~85% total damage before the hit box stopped. Naturally that took more attack runs. Track attached and missing hit box confirmed by flying through the damaged section as before.

I was bombing the same part of the ship every time, other parts still had their damage model.

ShipHitboxNewPatch.trk

thanks for report.

interesting. Could you do same to USS/RU ships?

Their DM part life rate (part life/unit life) is even smaller than ours. Then if i guess correctly, this should also be an issue for them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

The Pytor doesn't seem to experience the same issue. I've attached a track.

I'm not going to go through and test all the ships, but the hitbox behavior appears to be contained to the Chinese ships. This was initally picked up due to anti ship missile phasing through the ship when damaged, something which doesn't happen on the Russian or US ships.

PytorHitbox.trk

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] Messed up hitbox for chinese frigates
  • 1 month later...

Checking at an anniversary and seems to have been resolved. Thanks!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Groups of ZBD-04A get damage when a single unit got hit
  • 2 weeks later...

@Uboats please can you review the attached track file.

To note the tank in the asset pack has exactly the same issue i reported on the HQ7 and BMP some time ago - apologies its just that we have started using it and note is has severe issues.

Please can you confirm logged and pass on for an urgent fix.

ZtZ Test - Same problem as other chinese asset pack issues .trk

Edited by uboats

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] Urgent Fix required ZTZ tanks are broken with the same kill box problem as the BMP and HQ7 had.

Hello Deka Ironworks

The Chinese destroyer DD52 C cannot be sunk despite an attack by 16 AI wingmen and me. He's had a lot of harpoon hits, but it does not sink. The other harpoon then always fly over the ship !?
Concerned concerns locker 7 hits to sink are enough!
Is that a bug? In reality more than 3 harpoon hits to sink a destroyer!

With kind regards

• 2 months later...
  • uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Messed up hitbox for chinese frigates
  • 3 weeks later...

So today i conducted a test against the US Aircraft Carrier and the US Destroyer using the Chinese Submarine! Below is the outcome of the Torpedoes! I think the search or tracking feature of torpedoes need more adjusting. They completely missed the destroyer!!

Screen_210427_204159.gif

4 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

So today i conducted a test against the US Aircraft Carrier and the US Destroyer using the Chinese Submarine! Below is the outcome of the Torpedoes! I think the search or tracking feature of torpedoes need more adjusting. They completely missed the destroyer!!

Screen_210427_204159.gif

report to ED please, with trk.

the torpedo scheme is made by ED, we can do nothing at this moment.

please also try u-boat viic's torpedo and check the performance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Uboat's your viic's torpedo are very good. I noticed it went around the ship and exploded but it damaged the ship. The other torpedoes hit the ship directly. I will report EDs torpedoes!.

do you mean viic's torpedo works no issue (same miz as 093)?

then we will take a look.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

I seen the Viics Torpedo go around behind a ship and then explode... Afterwards all the other torpedoes hit the ship directly! 

Type VII T1 G7a torpedoes has unguided giroangle straigh runner torpedoes without guide. ED has not implement passive homing T5 G7es torpedo or T1 FAT / Lut pattern torpedoes to Type VII. ED has added a unrealistic S-Turn no present on real torpedo.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @uboats -- About KJ-2000:

It has got a static bort number 30074 - not sure if it was intended, but it would be nice if those were dynamic like other aircraft in DCS, however the more disturbing is, what 

seems to be a bug in damaged / destroyed 3D model (?). Here is an example of two AWACS aircraft sitting on the ramp, AI units with Uncontrolled option ticked, upon hitting them with SLAM-ER this is what remains:

KJ2000.jpg

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 5/24/2021 at 2:07 AM, Gierasimov said:

Hi @uboats -- About KJ-2000:

It has got a static bort number 30074 - not sure if it was intended, but it would be nice if those were dynamic like other aircraft in DCS, however the more disturbing is, what 

seems to be a bug in damaged / destroyed 3D model (?). Here is an example of two AWACS aircraft sitting on the ramp, AI units with Uncontrolled option ticked, upon hitting them with SLAM-ER this is what remains:

KJ2000.jpg

Could you provide trk?

yup we will make bort number dynamic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, uboats said:

Could you provide trk?

yup we will make bort number dynamic

Interestingly when I tried to replicate in Caucasus, KJ-2000 was simply gone after hitting it with SLAM-ER, however when I tried Syria map (where above screens were taken) there are remains, however again different - less - which I believe could be related to amount of damage dealt (?) and / or part of the target aircraft that was hit.

Track attached - takes few minutes as I needed to wait for SLAM-ER alignment, AI can't attack parked aircraft. 

Thanks 

KJ-2000 remains.trk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello, thank you for Xian H6. It seems it suffers from a similar issue that KJ-2000 as reported above. Upon shooting it down (2x AIM-9X), it goes like this for several seconds before the model disintegrates further. The track is unfortunately too long to replay reliably. 

Screen_210917_180859.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HQ-16 missile drag not fixed with latest patch 🤬, but its performance even more boosted with decreasing LowSpeed limit and improving chaff rejection coefficient.

I also wonder where Deka get the missile life time. SA-11 missile in DCS 80 seconds, HQ-16 missile 180 seconds. ⁉️

This with help of above mentioned bug creates total UFO missile able to chase you down to almost 50nm away from ship, if calculated impact point is within its calculated lifetime.