Mission 2 hangup

I managed to get the first cargo load to the power station and delivered, but I cant get the mission to progress any further after picking up cargo from the station. I pick cargo up and get into a stable hover and move on my way. The other Huey just drifts itself off from its landing spot into the river, and the only voice I hear is the annoying cargo load master telling me my load is always swinging.

On a side question: how do I disable the load master complaining? I find him more annoying than the actual cargo swinging.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

I managed to get the first cargo load to the power station and delivered, but I cant get the mission to progress any further after picking up cargo from the station. I pick cargo up and get into a stable hover and move on my way. The other Huey just drifts itself off from its landing spot into the river, and the only voice I hear is the annoying cargo load master telling me my load is always swinging.

On a side question: how do I disable the load master complaining? I find him more annoying than the actual cargo swinging.

If the mission did not continue, you destroyed some cargo so the trigger cant counts them.

Unfortunate the loadmaster is part of the Huey model and I have no clue how to get them offline.

Anyway, you will be able to continue the mission with the "shit happens protocol" it's missing in the campaign because ED has forgotten the hole mission description at release. Will come with the next update.

Don't want to spoil other players so I send you that in a private message.

But its also published on the DISCORD.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

The other Huey just drifts itself off from its landing spot into the river, and the only voice I hear is the annoying cargo load master telling me my load is always swinging.

You do it too fast, that's the reason why it takes so long and Wolf 1 has so much time to slide into the water.

Try to make it slow and you will finish long bevor Wolf 1 gets in trouble.:smilewink:

But the "sh.. Protokoll" will help you out as well. I strongly not recommend doing this. But

after you've been asked for you may skip the transport thing at any time.

Always happy landings ;)

The cargo wasnt destroyed. Ill post a track shortly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wctwatiodmbj4wq/Campaign%202%20mission.rar?dl=0

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

The cargo wasnt destroyed. Ill post a track shortly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wctwatiodmbj4wq/Campaign%202%20mission.rar?dl=0

Hellow and many thanks for the track file.

It was a good experience watching you excellent controlling the UH-1.

Before we come to your main problem some advice concerning cargo transport.

The first cargo in the list will always be the one closest to you. That includes the one you already transported.:smilewink:

So first cross the river and then pick a cargo. In that case, already transported cargo will appear at least at the end of the list.

If you land already close to the cargo bevor you choose it in the list, there will no smoke rising because it may obstruct your vision. Cargo is chosen anyway and can be hocked.

So why the mission did not work for you.

You did not realize or misinterpreted the request for cargo transport :cry:

WOLF 1

Frank - The boys here have trouble to get all the spare part's on this side of the river. They would appreciate our help. I am too heavy with the weapons loaded, but you may transport the cargo from the Trucks into the Cargo zone - -

The closest cargo to your position will be the First on the Radio menu

You only need to pick up the cargo by the trucks and lift it on the other side of the river into the cargo zone. That's it. :doh:

I am interested in your thoughts while flying back to the airport :cry:

Maby something like this:

" Oh what a stupid mission, will take me hours to take all the cargo back to the airport" :megalol:

That's also the reason why WOLF 1 is gliding in a suicide attempt into the river. He thinks probably the same way. :music_whistling:

Have fun, and please let me know what you think about the mission itself :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Ok I might have missed that. Some odd behavior I noted while picking up cargo was that some cargo loads were only able to be hooked by hovering over the load directly while others can be hooked on the ground. Thats part of my frustration with this mission, but Im not 100% sure that has anything to do with the mission.

My wallpaper and skins

Nothing to do with the mission

You always can choose between both options.

Don't get to close bevor choosing the cargo so smoke will always raise.

Then land close to the cargo for putting on the cable with the related button press.

Or hover over the cargo for automatic huck.

Smoke will stop in both ways when you get close to the cargo.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here seems my problem. I tried the 2. Mission mow around 10 times. Always after i put the 2. cargo over the river (the container), Wolf 1 slipped into the river and the games ends for me cause i will be dead. So much deads in my Logbook now, cause this campaign deads always, why such is in this kind necessary. And believe me, all cargos in the middle of the cargo zone and not destroyed. You van see destroyed cargos from Heli or look at mission progress on keyboard.

That seems a bug. I had no problems with the 1. mission and 3.+ 4. mission through editor at first attempt, but in mission 2 ist something wrong.

You wrote...You only need to pick up the cargo by the trucks and lift it on the other side of the river into the cargo zone. That's it. That seems easy and is easy.

A tried it in this case now and all cargo not destroyed but the game stops with wolf 1 dead and me too. First cargo should be the right one before the trucks, cause closest to me, but not closest to wolf 1. Maybe here is a problem which cargo at first.

During i busy with the cargo over the river, this short distancs....always the other Huey slowly drifts itself off from its landing spot into the river. Result, game over and i dead. What i do wrong ? And always just before I want to hang the 2 load on the rope.

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

Now i reset the whole campaign, i hope the second try will bring me on. Cause through editor

most missions i flew like 3. and 4. ended succesfull to me. The problem seems to be in this campaign behavour and point skills, if i dont be wrong.

During testing, Wolf 1 always slips towards the river, but it takes so much time he never gets that far.

Do you only take one cargo from the harbor? Don't fly back to the harbor!

The other ones already at the station but on the wrong side of the river.

There should be plenty of time to fly the cargo over the river bevor Wolf 1 takes a cold bath.

Always happy landings ;)

During i busy with the cargo over the river, this short distancs....always the other Huey slowly drifts itself off from its landing spot into the river. Result, game over and i dead. What i do wrong ? And always just before I want to hang the 2 load on the rope.

I understand and acknowledge that Wolf 1 may drift into the water, and without Wolf 1 you can't finish the mission.

But there is no reason why the game will stop at that point. No trigger or any other action in the Mission file that may explain such a behavior.

To find out what's wrong it would be best we fly the mission together.

Always happy landings ;)

Of course i took cargo from harbour and at last i went never back to harbour. No, now i reseted the whole camapign and the same in 1. Mission i was finished well last week. Around 8 minutes after i start from fregatte the same, mission finish suddenly and pilot dead. Like a kill trigger depends from a timer, only my guess.

I think something is broken with the last DCS update at me and with this camapign. I made a repair and try it again from beginning. After i tell it here, cause what was happend.

Thanks for your attention and fast answers.

Of course i took cargo from harbour and at last i went never back to harbour. No, now i reseted the whole camapign and the same in 1. Mission i was finished well last week. Around 8 minutes after i start from fregatte the same, mission finish suddenly and pilot dead. Like a kill trigger depends from a timer, only my guess.

I think something is broken with the last DCS update at me and with this camapign. I made a repair and try it again from beginning. After i tell it here, cause what was happend.

Thanks for your attention and fast answers.

In mission 1 is a different story.

You have been advised to hold close formation and when under radar surveillance you need to hold your altitude of 500 feet within +- 50 feet.

If you fail to do this 5 times your main transmission fails.

After Landing on the frigate the counter will be reset and again you have to hold formation and altitude until the first bridge.:music_whistling:

But there is no kill trigger that kills your pilot. Your aircraft loses power and you go swimming - that's it.

Always happy landings ;)

The problem was in DCS, first. After the repair i had 100 percent at mission 1, again. My first problem was a defect installation cause maybe the protect system starts because of 3 camapigns from the A-10 i have not from DCS, absolute all others i have from DCS, a mistake i hope.

Yes Formation, but that always will told to me, but thats not the problem to me.

Mission 2 is the problem after i repaired all and started the campaign new. Wolf 1 slips in the water in about 10 minutes. And in this 10 minutes i have to make 4 slingloads and at last the landing beside wolf 1. Thats to much short time, you should bring the Landing point of wolf 1 10-15 m behind the position. Thats not a race goal, too if we are very fast in slingloads.

Wolf 1 dies an game over or you are so much fast to bring all loads in shortest time to powerstation. Please show me your Track or how fast others can do this slingloads.

Thats a simulatin and not hurry up game, my mind. I speak not from a killer trigger cause that seems was a copy protection, i told above about. But is only my guess, cause sometimes the 3 camapigns i bought not from A-10 are not shown in offline, now again they show me i have this campaigns not and all is ok. I hope is understandable, cause not my native language.

SPOILER ALARM !!

I understand what you mean. And your right. At this point, there is no need for a rase game at all and it is not intended.

But the way it is right now is mostly forced by the AI of Wolf 1. Because of the cables and the wind, the AI refuses to land more distant from the river. So the only solution would be to land him on the other side of the river which collides with the story.

If this is a general problem it would be possible to change the mission and land Wolf 1 on the other riverbank. But even if it's not intended, it is an additional challenge and you may skip or end the transport mission any time you won't bevor running out of time.

SPOILER ALARM !!!

Land next to the HUMWE North of the street.

Close throttle to ground idle and wait until Rotor RPM has dropped down. Now you find the call “Cargo delivered” in the F 10 Radio Menu. Activate it and the Mission will be continued within a few seconds.

So you have the chance to finish the mission and you may try it again later with that time frame.

Realy hope you enjoy the campaign and wait for your further feedback.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any question or problem that may come up in the next missions I will do everything I can guiding you to the successful completion of the campaign.

You get a faster or maybe instant reply when using DISCORD or direct massage "in addition".

But still, use the forum as a guiding tool for others as well. ( copy and paste)

Always happy landings ;)

Thank you very much for the interesting informations. Of course i enjoy the camapign very much and i find them not to much difficult, absent such i wrote. But i try it in this kind you wrote here about to later finish the mission, cause i had now about 10 attempts with mission 2. Maybe i am only to slowly with the slingloads. Looking forward and a next try.

Ok, now i done it in this new way, after 1 slingload to the humpwe and wit F-10 and after F-4 Cargo delievered. Than the troops on hill. After the 2 slingloads on the Hill with ingenieurs.

Load was not broken. than back to Batumi with wolf 1, wolf 1 before Batumi right away and i landed. Result 30 percent, not a going on in campaighn possible in such a case. I have from all a Tacviev log, whats going wrong again.

You did all entirely right.

This is a problem with the campaign handler in DCS.

Points important only for telling the handle to move one not counted or wrong counted.

In some cases, the mission is registered successfully completed, but the handler went back to mission one anyway.

What it makes very difficult is any player facing that problem has a slightly different experience.

There are two ways to carry one. There is a way in changing the Campaign LUA. But I don't know how exactly to do this.

The second and more comfortable way is to start any single mission over the mission editor.

You find the missions on your hard drive in the EagleDysnamics/DCS (or DCS Beta/Mods/ Campaigns/ Folder. The only bad thing is you get no rewards in the campaign, no metal on your chest when mission accomplished.

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for your answer. Now i learned to change the logbook, but i should be honest with all them to me. But for me mission 2 was 100 percent. Now i fly again mission 3, cause i tried it through the editor before a week with a result at 100 percent. Hope i must not change more in this logbook. But the camapign ist very much nice and i have a lot of fun with it...too in VR.

But another, only a look before in this forum told me, to what i have to bring the 2 loads at last checkpoint, the documentation tells nothing about to bring slingloads up to hill. Thought first i have to bring the load to other points or Heli Landingpads or something other, that was not clear to me.

But another, only a look before in this forum told me, to what i have to bring the 2 loads at last checkpoint, the documentation tells nothing about to bring slingloads up to hill. Thought first i have to bring the load to other points or Heli Landingpads or something other, that was not clear to me.

No plan survives the first shott. :smilewink:

In the Mission description, you find only the tasks preplanned for today's flight.

But there are always some changes and diversions from the plan so it is important to listen carefully to the radios and your CO.

I know this is easier said than done because you are concentrated on flying and controlling the aircraft already needs multitasking skills. But that's the way it is. Unfortunate there is no practical way to repeat massages on demand.

Information about the unexpected "should be" available on your Kneeboard in the Top Secret part. But unfortunate, at the release 2 missions missing the kneeboard files.:( This is already fixed by us but still needs to be updated by ED.

Today there was the stable update so let's hope its part of the coming week Beta update.

Always happy landings ;)

You're right. After i wrote this i thought later to me, that one should also think about something with in such missions happens.

Who needs the cargo, of course the engineers on the mountain, would be self-explanatory. And that makes the campaign very interesting and good.

Mission 3 was again excitingly good and successful to me. Well, now Mission 4, where i mistakenly thought i would have had the same flight already in the editor

but it was probably a different other mission from this camapain. Because wolf 1 suddenly disappears into mission 4, is away above clouds suddenly. Too bad that the update still waits to us.