Mission 2 hangup

I have same problem with mission 2. Wolf 1 has died after I picked up the last cargo. I think his landing position maybe the problem.

Do you know about the way to skip that task?

You are right the landing position is a problem as well as the AI tendency to slip.

So we had to make a decision. I am a real-life pilot what means not much in DCS but never had a problem with the timeframe. Anyway, there is the backdoor to skip at any time before WOLF 1 gets swimming.

I also will go over the mission and make a video to see how long the timeframe is and to prove that this task may be challenging by itself, a sling is not easy, but still possible.

Always happy landings ;)

The time frame also was no problem to me, but I'd say the controller plays a big role. I remember playing Argo or other sling load missions with a HOTAS before I had collective/cyclic/pedals. It always took me ages to to trim/hover and to finally hook the cargo. So keep that in mind ;-) With "proper" controllers, the time frame is not a real problem IMO, but you can't expect everybody to have collective/controller/pedals.

So keep that in mind ;-) With "proper" controllers, the time frame is not a real problem IMO, but you can't expect everybody to have collective/controller/pedals.

We do :smilewink:

So you have the chance to end the cargo task every time you wont to :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 month later...

I delivered all the cargo to the power station but then later by the outpost Wolf 2 dont want to land, Iv tried landing myself at different locations but he's just hovering and aborting his landing :/ any tips?

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

• 1 month later...
well i am frustrated by Mission 2... i did every cargo task within a reasonable amount of time but that bug when Wolf 1 slides to the river is really annoying...

As already mentioned, before release, during testing, time was no issue to mission 2, so we've been surprised by our arrogance. Sorry about that, but because it's our first campaign, these are some of the things we have to learn. :book:

In the past 2 weeks, we already spend over 40 hours in changes and testing for Mission 2

The new version is ready inhouse and will be transmitted to ED in the coming days, so it will be hopefully released in early January.

- landing spots for the AI slightly changed

- The time limit for task two is now clearly pointed out (about 20 minutes)

- Peter will end the task bevor WOLF 1 is gliding into the water, because of the time restrictions.

- We also added many more voiceovers especially to task 2

- Broken Cargo will be pointed out with an additional text message, and if a transport mission is failed you get informed about that fact as well-remembered to the options remaining.

For all they have still issues wit WOLF 1 AI, refusing to land at TANGO BRAVO. After Task two you will be able to skip the Mission and continue with the mission 3

The standard Huey Cargo lightly flips over at slops by or after deliverance, so we changed it to a second container.

All of the missions will be retested. And if necessary, changes will be made according to the feedback that we get from you and others.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

well i replayed mission two and i pressed the speed during the cargo river cross section and yess i did it right on time before that Wolf1 took a swim... i am loving the campaign so far! my only take is one the voice acting... if you could improve that... your campaign will be perfect!

well i replayed mission two and i pressed the speed during the cargo river cross section and yess i did it right on time before that Wolf1 took a swim... i am loving the campaign so far! my only take is one the voice acting... if you could improve that... your campaign will be perfect!

Voice-acting is also on top of the to-do list and we working on that as well. So actual we improve the sound quality of many voice files, while we change others complete with new actors thanks to the help out of the community.

So mission 3 will be one of the missions many of the voice-actors changing with the next mission update, hopefully in January 2020.

We also improve the second part in the gameplay of mission 3 in regard to the improved Air and Ground AI's in DCS, and this will be also part of the next mission update.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

:music_whistling:2019 is a long way away..........

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

I decided to continue here with my issue since I got stuck in mission 2.

The problem I have is that the soldiers at the check point won´t come out of the forrest after I followed the Humvee.

If I compare Youtube videos, it seems the Humvee drives further now. It stops right under the tree next to the road.

I tried to land then on different spots to activate the trigger, but no success. 😞

I skipped the mission to be able to continue, because I wanted to continue the campaign.

It is really a graet campain and I hope to see more of this from you!

@Delta Kilo

Sorry, I was not able to get a new version in today's update, but the next beta update will be a fix to that problem. 
For that, it should have arrived at ED several days ago.
But it will be included in the next update.

Always happy landings ;)

@Delta Kilo

When Wolf 1 flies to Tango Bravo and lands there, everything looks good.
You land in the grass below the building in front of the guy with the yellow jacket.
Does the HUMWW come the second time and you are asked to follow him? Then everything else has no effect on the mission.
After you followed the vehicle to LZ2 (which unfortunately doesn't follow his instructions either) (windsock) and landed there the mission will continue after 1 to 2 minutes, no matter if the infantry gets stuck in the trees or not.
I have enlarged the trigger zones a bit and transferred a new version to ED.

It is important that after the first cargo task Wolf 1 flies on to Tango Braco and all radio messages are heard. 

Even in the current variant of the mission there should be no problems if you hear Peter say "I see them coming" on the flight to LZ2.)
After you land in LZ2, everything takes its course, no matter if the infantry comes or not.

Always happy landings ;)

Hi, sorry I couldn´t reply earlier.

I wasn´t 100% sure if I received the message "I see them coming"last time. I thought so, but to be sure, I flow the mission just now again on the mission editor (I finished the campaign in the meantime).

So this is what happend:

Wolf 1 and I flew to Tango Bravo. He landed on the roof and I landed between the 2 Gazelles within the marked landing zone. HUMWW left and returned, I got the ordewr to follow the HUMWW, I did that but I didnt receive the message. Then I landed on LZ2 (see attached jpg), but even after fast forward I received no further instructions.

LZ2.jpg

LZ2.jpg

Edited by Delta Kilo

@Delta Kilo

Thank you for the detailed description. :thumbup:
I suspect that I have found the problem.
When landing in LZ 1, you may have landed before WOLF 1 and thus outside the trigger zone. 
I attach a picture including the current (enlarged in the update) trigger zone and the intended landing site.
In further missions of the campaign you will be asked to land next to or in front of WOLF 1. Basically, however, you keep your place in the formation (behind Wolf 1) and thus of course always keep visual contact with the lead.

It is one of the controversial qualities of the campaign that the approach is also realism-oriented and requires an overview. For this, I have also taken some harsh criticism after publication at the beginning.  :bash:

It is not enough to get somewhere and land there somehow. 
It is often important to follow procedures. For example, takeoff and landing into the wind if possible, because triggers are arranged accordingly.

I know in other campaigns it is possible to be completely wrong  without negatively influencing the scripted course of the story.
However, this completely contradicts my view of DCS.

The large yellow circle marks the landing zone (trigger).
Ground staff (small yellow circles) are waiting for you.

LZ 1 TANGO BRAVO.jpg

Always happy landings ;)

CHPL, that was it! It worked out. 🥳

Now my co-pilot also closes the door when we are getting the order to follow the taxi.

I can imagine it is difficult to satify all players, the 200% correct ones and the ones that just want to have fun and do not follow or even know the procedures.

That´s why I appreciate that you give this information via the co-pilot. I actually learned quite some things during the campaign.

Just a short constructive critisism: To be honest, I landed next to the choppers because the ground looked to me most levelled and it is marked as an area visible from the air.

Maybe it would be more clearer if the triggered landing zone was also marked as an area, or, as you did at the harbour, popp up some flares. But maybe it is just me 😉

I really need to say that this campaign is so great! It is challanging, sure but you put so much datails and interactions to the campaign that makes it feel real.

I hope you do not feel too much annoid by the critics of others and I really hope to see more campaigns from you!

Bis bald, DK

@Delta Kilo

Had current 2 threads on this topic and the other already answered.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/212455-mission-2-issues/?do=findComment&comment=5000506

In no way do I see it as negative comments or feel attacked when I am made aware of "problems" you have with the missions.  It was entirely my decision that the missions are the way they are, with no malicious traps, but you don't get anything for free either.

In the next update I have increased the trigger zone so that it no longer matters where you land in LZ 1.
When creating the missions I let myself be guided by my practical experience and I don't always succeed in considering all possible alternative approaches.
However, your feedback and especially your perseverance helps me.
And in confidence: if I wouldn't get any questions or reports about problems, it would mean that everything is perfect, or nobody is interested in the campaign. Since the former is very unlikely....

So please don't be shy, if something is unclear or doesn't work as expected please contact me. Unfortunately, it is also simple so that small changes on the part of ED in DCS can interrupt complex processes and the probability that there is actually a bug is not so small.

Have fun with the next missions

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 months later...

@Scarecrow
Hello and thank you for your tweet.
The problem is with DCS itself and occurs with 2.8.
There is nothing we can do from our side.
It is therefore particularly bad, because if you have selected the wrong one, you can no longer cancel the load.
This is another current bug in DCS.
We have already reported both to ED and hope that the problem will be solved as soon as possible.
Currently it is important to pay close attention to which load is selected.

• Like 2

Always happy landings ;)