VR FPS slowdown

I have already played this campiagn (in VR) twice already and loved it. Just started a third time lucky and its now unplayable due to poor FPS. Has anything changed? first mission on the ground and in the air im getting around 10FPS and when the first wave of fighters appear im getting down to 2 and thats unplayable. I usualy get 45 in air in all aspects of DCS world and 20 to 30 on the ground, all my other campaigns are running just fine.

System specs:

Asus TUF X299 Mark 1 ATX Motherboard

Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) CMU64GX4M4C3200C16R DDR4 3200MHz Red LED

Intel Core i7 7820X Eight Core LGA 2066 3.6 GHz CPU OVERCLOCKED 4.5GHZ

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce Gaming 8GB

Samsung 960 EVO 500 M.2 SSD

Cheers

Hi,

Thank you for the report. I'm sure something must have changed (not in the campaign but DCS), because I've heard similar complaints. I haven't noticed any FPS drop, it's still smooth for me and I have a worse rig than yours. Then again, some players experience the same. Whatever it is, it's out of my hands, but I hope ED will work on improving the general performance of the game.

See this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241612

Perhaps you could psot your graphics settings and DxDiag, please? It may help the devs.

Edited by Reflected

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the benefit of those coming after, I also noticed a big improvement in performance, even in the really huge circuses, when I turned off wake turbulence. It was unplayable even at the "VR" settings preset, now it works well with the settings back at their usual high level.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the benefit of those coming after, I also noticed a big improvement in performance, even in the really huge circuses, when I turned off wake turbulence. It was unplayable even at the "VR" settings preset, now it works well with the settings back at their usual high level.

Thank you for confirming! :thumbup: