Controls not saving

silenoz111

I am using an X-56 HOTAS and Thrustmaster pedals. Whenever I set up the controls and save them, the path ends in Blackshark… I delete this bit and just save each profile I make.

Once I return to main menu and no matter if I try a misson or campaign, the controls seem to be back at default settings. For example, my rudder is now the throttle and none of the HOTAS buttons correspond to the ones I saved.

No matter what I try, the controls go back to default every time I try and fly.

Are you playing in sim mode and using real control layout? Are you setting up controls in options menu or in game? Sometimes only one or the other works. To save set up dont use save/load profile at top of page just click OK at bottom right and it will set up profile in config folder.

EDIT: Didnt realize this was lock on thread. My advice is for DCS World.:poster_oops:

Edited by cthulhu68

...e at top of page just click OK at bottom right and it will set up profile in config folder.

EDIT: Didnt realize this was lock on thread. My advice is for DCS World.:poster_oops:

With ok you don't save nothing. Load and save profiles is for safe your config, joystick keyboard,.... When you want restore your keybinds.

I don't know if axis and keyboards have different diff.lua files.

The fact is the controls save random and too much time is lost with this issue.

I have lost all my binds in all my planes and its hard to configure all the binds again.

Save and load profile is a trash.

Every input has it own config.diff.lua file. One for Keyboard Bind, other for Joystick, other for pedals, other for Track IR, Other for Mouse.

You must have 5 diferent files for each plane....

Note: if no diff in the bind, the file erase in the save.

Edited by Fisu_MAD
More info:

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro