Quesiton for devs / poll for users - will you add Save game option

hreich

Quesiton for devs / poll for users - will you add Save game option  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Quesiton for devs / poll for users - will you add Save game option

• Yes
    • No

In lieu of a dynamic campaign, a save/load game option would offer similar continuity and player-dependent progression towards an end goal in larger, multi-stage missions such as the ones I currently design.

You could perform a SEAD strike on a base, go to bed, then boot the game the next day and continue that progress by, say, doing CAS on that base with a buddy.

It would also allow restarting multiplayer servers to preserve stability without losing progress or using janky state-saving scripts.

I know that ED has a lot on their plate judging by the unofficial roadmap, but I think this could act as a highly effective stop-gap until we get a full DC, which judging from Community Manager comments is likely still several years away due to it's complexity. Unfortunately the only comments we've got for such a feature have mentioned it being in conjunction with the DC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

This is what it pulls me away from campaigns. I hate to make a flight of "1 hour" and then be destroyed by an enemy and have to start back again. For me is better to load a saved stage and try from there. Better for learning and advancing in campaigns.

Other are better than me and don't need that, and I don't have the time to be training against the AI to make me better. I like the missions because what they "tell" you.

Of course I would preffer a dynamic campaigns where if you are not succeded with the mission or destroyed, doesn't matter and you continue "next day" (or hour) with the campaign in the left plane we have (as in FalconBMS).

Thanks!

I voted No. You can use the ME to create scenarios to "jump into".

I will not be purchasing any more new modules until Eagle Dynamics completes some of the modules I've already purchased - mainly the F18. Not finishing already delivered and paid for products in lieu of releasing more unfinished content is a good way to ruin the business.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

I will not be purchasing any more new modules until Eagle Dynamics completes some of the modules I've already purchased - mainly the F18. Not finishing already delivered and paid for products in lieu of releasing more unfinished content is a good way to ruin the business.

And this is related to the thread subject how?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I voted “yes” because my time for swimming is very limited. My wife would vote “no” because she knows that with a save game function I’d actually be tempted to spend more time with the sim.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

And Falcon BMS save game and campaign is reason i wont purchaae Dcs viper

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

C'mon we'll have a dynamic campaign soon :thumbup:

maybe 2/3 years after the viper release? who know:megalol:

anyway, rules! rules! there are rules about speaking of other sims

I voted no. I think it would take something away from the realism of the mission if you could come back and start at a saved point.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Ain't that a good reason for ED to give us a save game functionality? ;)

One of the best, from my perspective.

I voted no. I think it would take something away from the realism of the mission if you could come back and start at a saved point.

Wouldn’t take anything away from me, when I’m sitting in front of my computer in my robe and slippers. If it’s there, you can use it or not. The choice is yours.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Are we talking save game checkpoints or save mission progress for campaigns.

Anyway both would be great additions. Yeah you can use it as a rewind I guess, but it can be limited to one per mission or be limited to when it can be used (i.e when not dead, when not engaged). In any case the benefits outweight the negatives multiple times.

Just because some people don't want/need it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be a feature. It doesn't change the experience of the people who don't want to use it and it will be great for campaigns and multiplayer missions. It can even be something you can enable or disable in the options

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days