Add standalone dcs to steam library for individual VR settings.

Jyge

I mentioned this couple of times in HP Reverb thread but nobody picked up. Until recently I have adjusted the SS and stuff generally from the steamVR. Now I want to do it individually for DCS. I added the DCS to steam by Games-Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library. I chose DCS_updater.exe

and activated "Include in VR Library" checkbox.

Now any time I launch the game it also launches the revive and oculus interface. I do not have oculus rift, but I have the revive and oculus software for Dirt Rally.

I launch the DCS over the DCS Updater Utility, I am not sure that the settings are really picked up by steamVR, probably, but I just can not figure why in this case I get a clean start with Oculus and Revive.

In my Updater Utility I have activated the Steam VR and something with Rendering and Steam in the options. I wonder if I would need to add some command line options to steam library as well to get a clean launch that way? Does anybody know the launch options used by Updater Utility?

I haven't linked DCS World to Steam and yet I also get Oculus Home starting every time I start the sim (with an Index) and it is frustrating as it takes up resources.

I also use Revive. I think if DCSW detects Oculus, it starts it, regardless and I am therefore removing it altogether. It isn't just DCS World that does this.

Luckily, I still have my old VR PC that I had when I bought the CV1, so I will just use Oculus on that and ensure it is entirely cleaned off my current rig.

Would be far better if it didn't happen, though.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Have you tried launching it over the Skatezilla's DCS Updater Utility and setting the SteamVR in those two options (application settings Oculus Rift/Oculus Mirror Configuration to SteamVR API and External Applications Steam VR Client). In my case it does not launch the Oculus software and I am pretty sure that these options invoke some command line option...

Edited by Jyge

If you go to the executable for Oculus, right click, and click on "compatibility settings", you can set Oculus to "Run As Administrator". That will make it so you will have to manually start the Oculus software, so it won't automatically run anymore.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

You can also just stop the Oculus Service from running.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am not sure that is the solution. In the first place it is just the issue how the game is started. If I start it from steam I get the Oculus, if I run it from Skatezilla's I do not get it.

I am not sure requiring admin is a solution as when I need the revive I would have my own trouble running it from steam.

Sure, I could remove the whole revive and Oculus, not a big loss. I think I am not going to play Dirt Rally that much and I have a working solution - yet I am curious. Can't you see somehow what parameters Skatezilla uses for execution?