Jester Data Breaks Replays

TacoGrease

Through tests with the F-14 and F/A-18, I believe that Jester (and/or Iceman) breaks DCS replays.

I will start by saying that, obviously, replays generally in DCS are quite buggy - no need to reiterate that.

However, this appears especially true for the F-14B.

I have run simple missions (for example, the Heatblur F-14B Caucasus Case I) about a dozen times in singleplayer, and the replays do not work for any of them - even when no time manipulation (e.g. speed up, pause, slow down) is done.

By comparison, such replays for simple missions with the F/A-18C work FLAWLESSLY.

So, why Jester/Iceman?

When I run such a simple mission on a server and obtain the server track, the replay works FLAWLESSLY - just as with the F/A-18C tracks. Jester/client data is not present in the server track (evidenced by no F1/cockpit view of the aircraft on a server track).

To conclude: F/A-18C client and server tracks appear to work with simple/short missions, whereas only F-14B server tracks work. I believe this strongly points to Jester data breaking client tracks.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

Bump. Really want to film F-14 Case Is

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

It's more complex than that. The Fw190 A-8 suffers from the same problems. Client/SP replays never work but server replays work flawlessly. I've experienced the same in the Viggen a couple of years ago. I've also experienced it in the Spit last year, though the Spit seems to be fixed. None of those three aircraft have Jester/Iceman, but you may be on to something about the cockpit being the common denominator here.

In its current state, the Tomcat just isn't good for filming. It's okay-ish for pure flight, but wing vapor isn't synced over MP so your server track won't show the vapor at all, and control surfaces are extremely jerky when they move. When taxiing on deck the wheels spin at about 30mph while the jet lurches back and forth, moving forward at about 3mph. When trapping the wheels sink into the deck, then the plane bounces about 5ft off the deck, and rubber-bands backwards. When landing on shore the wheels also sink into the runway at touchdown, then pop back up. These are all ED issues that they will probably never address.

True, but it would be nice to hear from HB on this. It’s the most detailed aircraft in the game, so not being able to film something as basic/integral as Case Is is massively disappointing.

It's more complex than that. The Fw190 A-8 suffers from the same problems. Client/SP replays never work but server replays work flawlessly. I've experienced the same in the Viggen a couple of years ago. I've also experienced it in the Spit last year, though the Spit seems to be fixed. None of those three aircraft have Jester/Iceman, but you may be on to something about the cockpit being the common denominator here.

In its current state, the Tomcat just isn't good for filming. It's okay-ish for pure flight, but wing vapor isn't synced over MP so your server track won't show the vapor at all, and control surfaces are extremely jerky when they move. When taxiing on deck the wheels spin at about 30mph while the jet lurches back and forth, moving forward at about 3mph. When trapping the wheels sink into the deck, then the plane bounces about 5ft off the deck, and rubber-bands backwards. When landing on shore the wheels also sink into the runway at touchdown, then pop back up. These are all ED issues that they will probably never address.