[MLO PROGRESS] Weapons System Command & Radar Logic

33-DFTC

Hello guys,

Today Zeus posted a new message on the Razbam Discord server. Here's the message :

M-2000C updates submitted to ED for release:

1. Weapons System Command enabled.

2. Radar search behavior updated to simulate real radar:

2.1. Radar antenna in TWS will not follow locked target.

2.2 Contact icons can disappear if they are not inside the radar sweep.

2.3 Contact icons now display on which bar they are located.

3. Following keybinds are modified:

3.1 Special Modes FWD to Weapons SystemCMD FWD

3.2 Special Modes AFT to Weapons SystemCMD AFT

3.3 Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect to Weapons SystemCMD Depress

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

There's been a misunderstanding between Razbam and the French Air Force. Zeus updated how the TWS mode should work :

One correction:

The radar behavior in TWS mode is the wrong one.

Unfortunately it is too late to submit a correction for this week's release.

So the correction will be available on the next update.

FYI, here's how the radar behaves in TWS:

1. The radar bar lines are set at 1.

2. The radar antenna elevation does track the locked target elevation.

3. If the radar search arc is 30 or less, the radar will try to keep the locked target inside the search arc.

This means that all other contacts not at the same elevation of the locked target will be lost.

This happened due to a little miscommunication between us and our friends at the AdA. We were working hard to get the Weapons System Command working as intended and did not pay attention to the radar behavior while in TWS and some conversations on the subject were misunderstood, as if we were talking about the color blue, they were talking about chartreuse and the color was actually green.

These things happens and we apologize.

Unfortunately, the wrong behavior logic has already been submitted to ED and the correction will not be implemented until a future update.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Thanks for posting it here.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Wow, that changed TWS radar behavor seems very interesting. Nice detail to know.

I hope that they'll also change the smoothness and correctness of a TWS'ed contact.

Somehow feels like the M2K grows up to an adult... Nice to see...

Stop making feature request out of your mind.

Since it will be 1 line TWS it will be quite fast refresh rate (about once per second).

Short sequence with TWS at 18:29

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I'm just glad/find it interesting that they can model behavior like this into the existing radar engine.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Mirage 2000 update, they broke my bird...

So I get making it more real, cool.

But when you change something, explain how to get the functionality back.

Anyways, the problem is there is no unlock for STT/TWS locks, then you can not select special modes. So I can't use horizontal, bore sight, vertical; which means I can't use my snake eyes either.

If anyone has info to correct this, I'd be grateful.

When pressing the 'Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect to Weapons System CMD Depress' it resets the radar too. Example, radar elevation is a few degrees down, range at 80, and a CMD depress results in radar display jumping back to range 40 and centers the elevation. Is this intended?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |