Help re Vikhr

Irishlad200000

Hi Guys

I’m a DCS veteran and even a R/L light aircraft pilot! My goodness the KA50 is a handful of systems!

I have mastered most of them, but run into some targeting issues.

Sometimes flawlessly I get lock the “C” symbol and bang it fires as it should. However other times I end up getting lock, but no C and no missile when trigger is pulled!

I have master on

Laser on

Range between 800 - 2km

About 500m height

Wrap on power on

Manual

And moving GND TGT

Using Chucks Guide to set up.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers guys the laser might have burned out oops, as I had it on during ground start!

That should not be a problem. Laser can be armed (ON). It only starts "burning out"/taking damage when frequently laser ranging. Possibly during actual laser missile guidance too.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

It's been a long time since I've run auto...

Switching to Manual is basically part of my fence in procedure at this point.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

800m - 2km is awfully close for a vikhr, that's guns range. When set to auto you should be within range from about 8.1km.

Edit: Just tested minimum launch range in the latest open beta. In auto you will get the X in the HUD (invalid launch cue) at 800m.

Edited by 26-J39

Just because you have lock, does not mean you have a clear shot. On auto, you have to align the two circles, one within the other. That will give you the C, and your missile will fire when you pull the trigger. Otherwise, your missile will not fire. Manual mean the missile will fire whether you are aligned or not. If your not aligned, the missile probably will not enter the laser tunnel and will just fly off randomly.

As razo+r says

Put the aiming circle over the Shkval circle and you're good to go. It changes a bit depending on the position of the launcher.

800m is minimum range for a vihkr and 2km is still well within standoff distance of any guided AA. Push your range out to 5-7km, 7km being the vihkrs maximum launch range. Make sure you are also turning the laser off whenever you don't need it. The ranging function tends to burn the laser out quicker, so try not to go crazy ranging everything.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz | GTX 960 | 16gb Crucial Ballistix

F/A-18C | Ka-50 | FC3 | A-10C | P-51D | UH-1H

Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd go with 6-10KM myself... Mostly 6-8KM but you can kill targets at 10KM with the Vihkr

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

You need more elevation. It's obviously not practical sometimes but yeah get some elevation and they'll make it. I tend to attack from elevated cover where I can find it. If not... yeah... 6-8Km is your sweet spot.

• 4 years later...

If someother noob like me is googling the problem, here is another solution:
DCS KA-50 module does not like when you have the same button set up for Firing guns and firing (releasing) missiles/rockets. I wont complain, just wont work.
Doesnt make much sense to me since you have to specifically select the cannons (flip up the trigger cover?) to fire them, so there could be logic to not fire missiles when cannon is selected. Or maybe you can fire them both at the same time for soooome reason?
I havent yet figured it out how to fire anything in manual mode (using the center of the HUD as target). Manual switch doesnt do that.

CPU: i7-4790k; RAM: 32GB HyperX@1866Mhz; GPU: MSI RTX 3070; SSD: WDBlue something

On 9/8/2023 at 3:56 PM, WolfCat said:

Doesnt make much sense to me since you have to specifically select the cannons (flip up the trigger cover?) to fire them, so there could be logic to not fire missiles when cannon is selected.

That's the thin frontier between the game and the sim. The real Ka-50 has a specific button to fire the cannon, which is why you find the same logic in DCS.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

The real Ka-50 has a specific button to fire the cannon, which is why you find the same logic in DCS.

Is there any possibility we could get the "use single trigger" setting put into the special options rather than having to manually set it in the config file?

• Like 1