Vipril t-50 grip issue

Harlikwin

Ok,

So my setup is a bit weird perhaps. Long story

Have 2 different TM bases, and I was using a T-50 grip (V1) on one of them, works fine.

Bought the T-50 base. Put on stick, use software to calibrate axes. X,Y axes work fine.

No buttons on the stick work at all. either in windows, or the configurator software.

Put stick back on TM base, all buttons work fine...

VPC software detects all TM devices and registers those buttons but nothing on the T-50 base.

So... I'm guessing this is a software/wetware (read I'm an idiot) issue. I followed the instructions as best I could and I "think" I did it right. Is there some button calibration step I missed?

Any advice?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I believe so. It says VPC MT-50 grip V1 (Which is what I think I have, the older MT-50) I can click button, and it says shift register MT-50 grip V1, no buttons register.

I also selected this grip when selecting the base and stick.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanks!

Video worked those are great by the way. I guess it didn't save the config right the first time.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work now is the wheel brake lever axis, it does work as a button, is there a vid on how to configure that?

I had a similar problem, same exact symptoms, neither Windows or Virpil software would see my buttons, by the axis worked (sort of, but it worked). Same exact scenario too, I went with a T50 CM 1 stick on a WH base, to a first gen when they first came out T50 base, and then put the original Virpil T50 CM1 Stick on the new Virpil base.

What had happened was the pins in the connectors sort of "formed" or "got used to" the Warthog connector plug, which was slightly different with a bit different tolerances, so one of the pins in my new Virpil base/stick wouldn't connect right. I pulled out the stick cable about an inch or so, so I could physically see how it was connecting to the new Virpil base. Then I straightened the pins out a bit, re plugged it good and solid into the Virpil base, and then the buttons and axes (everything) started to work again properly.

Not saying this is your problem, but I suggest taking your Virpil stick off your new Virpil base, have a good look at the pins/connector, even take a pic or vid of it and post it here if you can - and then try what I said or ask Virpil to walk you through that (they told me how to do this, but it's simple, just gently pull the plug on the stick out a short bit to give it some slack).

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Hi Gman,

Got it working for buttons. I assume its a config issue for Z-axis too. Trying to work that one out.

WH base can't handle an axis assignment on the grip, so instead VPC assigns a button to the lever.

VPC bases can support the lever as an axis.

Yes, I have the VPC base now and I'm wondering how to do it. It didn't show up during axis calibration.

did you set up a new profile for your new config ?

Yes. Thats how I got the buttons to work. I will try re-doing it though.