Issues with multiplayer

slidem

Hello,

I can run the game without problem in offline mode (solo), and I played multiplayer without problems during 1 month but now, when I manage to connect to a server, I get between 1 and 10 fps...

I did the clean & repair DCS procedures but didn't work...

Can you help me ?

NB : I did a DCS move from my HDD to my SSD recently ! But I did a clean install (Uninstalled the HDD DCS and re-installer brand new DCS on my SSD to avoid any problems)

Thanks

• ED Team

Hi

let us know your system specification, and attach your dcs.log after you experience the frame drop also a screenshot of your options in dcs, we maybe able to point out some tweaks.

It would be a good idea to ensure windows is up to date and you are using the latest GPU driver.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hi

same problem here

and i found the reason

my gpu didnt clock up

so

in singleplayer gpu boost to max clock after mission is loaded (2000+)

in multiplayer gpu chills at default clock (1365)

testet in vr and non vr (in nor vr gpu jumps around 1500)

gpu driver is up2date (436.15)

system is

amd 8320e @4ghz (clocked - no turbo etc)

rtx 2060

windows 10

16gig mem

ssd for system and game (same ssd)

@Arianer . Did u checked during your Multiplayer session via Task Manager how much ure GPU or your CPU is in use?

When the GPU chills in multiplayer maybe the CPU is fully loaded and the GPU has no reason to give power because the cpu isnt ready for that.

Performance in MP is generally lower than in SP for various technical reasons.

How many FPS are you squeezing out in SP?

Also, the complexity and object count of any MP mission along with the number of connected clients can also affect a user's machine performance.

If your CPU bottlenecks your GPU in MP due to higher load due the above, it is "normal" to see the

GPU stay at low boost freq. First thing to do would be to check in the Windows Task Manager (or Resource Monitor) how much CPU/RAM/GPU/HDD is being used. Any of those might be bottlenecking for various reasons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

• ED Team

can we see a screenshot of your ingame settings?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The only really thing which im seeing which isnt almost at its max is the RAM.

I also tried 3 days ago my Oculus Rift again to see how its working atm and i also had in the beginning in MP 20FPS . SP i didnt checked.

Then i went into Nvidia Inspector to set up a little bit. Everything which is there for running G-Sync or V-Sync i deactivated.

Then i used RivaTuner which u can easily install as i see that u run MSI Afterburner. The u need to set up your FPS Locked to 45 for VR.

Inside DCS how is your VR Settings set up ? I put the Pixel Density there to 0.5 and i adjusted it via the Oculus Tray Tool and put it into 1.4.

As well check your Power Settings of Windows ( Energieoption) these put as well into Highest Power ( Höchstleistung )

I think these steps could help u to get 40-45FPS. Not the ultimate performance but also not the worst. Quite Playable in my opinion.

If not please let me know. Or if u want to take a chat in german language which helps u maybe more then we can also do as i think youre german?

thx repsol

and yeah im german :)

i use pimax and have dcs pd on 1 /pitool on 1.75 and steam on 20% i believe

this are settings 4 singleplayer and bring me 40-50 frames on my most played missions

over some hours i testest something and come to the reason that my cpu is just to old

best way to see his bottleneck is to check cpu frametime

and when this frametime reaches 40< the gpu is out

and the cpu useage is a bad indicator for cpu frametime

even with 60-70% cpuusage i have very bad cpuframetimes

so as a smallstepp i disabled the threaded cores on my cpu

and overclocked the 4 real cores to 4500mhz which brings a bit better performence

next step is a new cpu

so thx 4 your time

everyone who has problems in multiplayer shouldt check gpucoreclock and frametimes

see ya

hi

just some new screenshoots

first one is stock system - 0 oc

here you see that the system didnt boost (turbo)

but cpuframetime is bad and couldt need some boost (vr set to 64hz , just to understand the frametimes)

second

system is oc at 4x4400mhz (also gpu is oc)

low vr settings (pd1 , pimax 1 , steam 69%)

third

system as above

my playsettings (pd1 , pimax 1.75 , steam 22% )

there is no real different in performence but much better clarity in hmd

all screensoots are make in singeplayer on (stolen :music_whistling: )

Georgia Reign - Dynamic PVE WAR - v3.0.74

which gives are realy good nightvision btw

and coming after a time of pause

i know im a bit offtopic now

but i dont wana open a new thread

see ya

695294085_dcscpubn.thumb.png.afda5d60b6da3e026c3b9c4f61afd3c3.png

1637751694_dcscpubn4400lowsettings64.thumb.png.cadfc145f33622371550488c9c32cd7d.png

175620802_dcscpubn4400highsettings64unpause.thumb.png.dd0aebd476c93eedec3a2372dd3658d8.png

Your CPU is at full tilt.

Best if you get a more modern CPU

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X