M-61 Vulcan and Gau-8 Avenger dispersion values

Flagrum

Thanks. I tried this mod in MP today and got connection interupted with no integrity check enabled.

This mod is not MP friendly unless the server/all clients have it.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

^ Terrain is most likely Starway's "Desert Mod", which can be found in DCS mods section of the forum.

Correct, with sweet fx, ricardos pit, cloud shader, mustangs land textures, more visibility and diveplanes sounds.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

• 3 years later...
The GAU-8 seems to be to inaccurate, the dispersion is too high.

See here plz:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1947617&postcount=3435

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1948215&postcount=3445

:thumbup:

I'd like to see this at least to be confirmed as an actual issue (i.e. is it in the bugtracker?).

Why is it impossible to get an acknowledgement from the devs here? Yes, it is a bug? No, it works as intended? We will fix it / not fix it?

I remember watching some slow motion video of a A-10 gun pass on a building on the side of a hill some years ago, the footage was taken from across the gully about level with the target by friendly combatants.

It was more then single story target side. As the rounds began to arrive there was greater then 3meters separation for outliers, as the rounds continued to arrive it became difficult to form an assessment of what might be have fallen in the 80% zone but once the dust cleared there wasn't much left of that face of the construction.

This discussion goes back the Lomac days, for me culminated with a Mod we did for Falcon4 AF (801st Skunkworks) where I did the data edits for the A-10, and might continue here till the cows come in.

I can't see any change in the near future.

I loved the A-10c but not as much as I enjoyed the Black Shark with its Vikhrs and mighty 30mm Shipunov 2A42 cannon.

Now its the F-18c...........Have fun.

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
ED should give us an answer

The shell_table.lua script referenced earlier in this thread appears to have disappeared now, presumably replaced with a similar file. I'm not having much luck finding what that might be. Does anyone have any idea where this data is now located?

A small pie is soon eaten

The shell_table.lua script referenced earlier in this thread appears to have disappeared now, presumably replaced with a similar file. I'm not having much luck finding what that might be. Does anyone have any idea where this data is now located?

The file has not disappeared and it still sits under "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Database\Weapons".

If you are using a version with mods created before the last update that won't work any more because the original file has additional entries and without these additions the game will abort during the load.

It's easy to see what has been added if you use the "compare" plug-in of Notepad++ and patch up your modded file.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The file has not disappeared and it still sits under "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Database\Weapons".

If you are using a version with mods created before the last update that won't work any more because the original file has additional entries and without these additions the game will abort during the load.

It's easy to see what has been added if you use the "compare" plug-in of Notepad++ and patch up your modded file.

Thankyou! Fortunately I'm mod free. I'll have a play!

A small pie is soon eaten

Thankyou! Fortunately I'm mod free. I'll have a play!

Note: From another thread

• mils/1000 / 8 = Da0

The default GAU8 value :

• Da0 = 0.0017 = (0.0017 * 8 * 1000) mil = 13.6 mil

and

• Da0 = 0.0010 = (0.0010 * 8 * 1000) mil = 8 mil

• Da0 = 5 mil / 1000 / 8 = 0.000625

gives a starting range of values to test.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 9 months later...