The Art of the Kill - F-16 BFM with Pete Bonnani

mhe

Old classic, came bundled with the good ol' Falcon 3.0 iirc. Finally we get to test it in a modern simulation:

Edited by mhe
Embed didn't work

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Old classic, came bundled with the good ol' Falcon 3.0 iirc.

Brings back a few fond memories. :cry:

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

There's a modern one in the internet if you search 'Korea F16 Basic Employment Manual'. You can tell how the tactics described in The Art of the Kill get evolved and written into The Air Force Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (AFTTP).

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

Just for the sake of nostalgia, ED should try to contact Pete Bonnani and convince him to participate as one of their SMEs.. and maybe narate their instruction videos?

Wouldn't that be cool?

O.

+1

"God doesn't give people talents that he doesn't want people to use. And he gave you The Touch. It's a power inside of you, down there where you keep your guts boy. It's all you need to blast your way in and get back what they took from you..." - Chappy Sinclair

I just want the VR pilot to boast the Mooostache of Pete Bonnani.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just for the sake of nostalgia, ED should try to contact Pete Bonnani and convince him to participate as one of their SMEs.. and maybe narate their instruction videos?

Wouldn't that be cool?

O.

Awesome Suggestion!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 5 weeks later...

Excellent video from my Falcon 3/4/BMS days. Cannot watch it with a straight face.

Old classic, came bundled with the good ol' Falcon 3.0 iirc. Finally we get to test it in a modern simulation:

Excellent video from my Falcon 3/4/BMS days. Cannot watch it with a straight face. He is talking to these 1980's-early 1990's sim nerds. Awesomest part is when somebody asks him a question, he assumes this 'tough guy badass leader of men fighter jock' stance with hands on hips, chip slightly up. Sort of like of El Duce. If you are unprepared , and if U R drinking coffee, it may squirt out of your nose.

I second and third Mr. Bonnani making BFM , prior to merge, at merge , and defensive actions and tactics YT videos. He is very at instruction.

He was not 'Regular Air Force' commissioned officer. His commision is/was in Virginia Air National Guard. Though he spent a good amount of time on active duty. Virginia AGN squadron's TOE was very similar to active duty squadrons. He flew , I believe, F-16C Block 20/30. Falcon 3 simmed Block 30. Falcon 4 was Block 40/42/50 CCIP

Cannot watch it with a straight face. He is talking to these 1980's-early 1990's sim nerds.

Hey now... I resemble that remark. :pilotfly:

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Wouldn't that be cool?

O.

+1

It would be really amazing to hear what he thinks about where we've got to since those F3 days.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.