steering order moves downward prior to release in low drag level release mode

spetsnaz26

I searched and read a dozen or so threads here, read manual, Chuck's guide, and watched a few low drag videos on YT. Can't figure this one out. So, i was playing the Persian Gulf Fast meets Faster mission, and each time I flew close to the release point, i found the steering circle moving downward from my dot symbol. Just before release, it appeared to move rapidly downwards until out of view. I was very hesitant to follow it and the bombs dropped on target anyway (couldn't be 100% sure because by the time I looked back other dudes dropped too and the whole place was on fire).

Does this mean I was too high? If I did follow the circle I think it would be a pretty abrupt pitch down, and the release will end up in a negative G push over.

Reading your description I think I know exactly what is happening. The steering order gives a indication of what to do to hit the exact safety altitude over the target. As you get closer to the target you have less time to to correct so it will display a more drastic command even though the error is small (so if you are 1 millimeter off but also 1 millimeter away horizontally it would command a 45 degree climb/dive). I think this is correct behavior since there is no description of any function to reduce this and I have videos of the HUD when overflying waypoints where you clearly see the same effect (although on the other plane), but unfortunately no videos of the bombing mode.

Hope that helps!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.