Spitfire Sound Mods - not working when cockpit closed

hughlb

Just a strange one. I have successfully installed Jafa's Merlin mod, which sounds great with the cockpit open and external. But with the cockpit closed, it seems to revert back to the default sounds.

Also, I had previously tried Rlaxoxo's weapons sound mod v3 for the Spitfire, and the same thing occurred. Sounded great external and with cockpit opened, then reverts to old sounds with cockpit closed.

Anyone else experiencing this? I installed using OvGME. I did not install these mods at the same time, just to be absolutely sure there wasn't conflict between them.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Testing only Jafa's mod here, it works allright with both cockpit open and closed. Are you sure you've extracted all files correctly? The extracted mod folder should be 63.8 MB big, with 143 files in it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes, 63.8 with 143 files is exactly what I have too. May I ask, how did you install it? Where are the files sitting?

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use OvGME too, with this mod installed like the others - just created a separate folder in OvGME's mods repository and extracted two sub-folders from the packed archive provided by Jafa into that one. So, I guess whenever I enable the mod, it gets injected into the main DCS directory rather than into Saved Games location.

Neither my DCS directory, nor OvGME's mods directory are located in Program Files for that matter, to make sure that Windows doesn't mess with them.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.