TMWH throttle not recognized

Its the first time it acts this way.. I plug it, the lights come on momentarily then off... then I get the windows 7 can not recognize device. The stick is OK.

I tried the boot loader method described by TMWH but it doesn't even read the throttle. I tried a different computer, same outcome. What causes this?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Sounds like a bad Throttle PCB board. Contact Thrustmaster for a new PCB board, about $70 when I replaced mine 2 years ago. It's a straight remove and replace operation that you can do safely in under an hour. Be careful with the soldered connectors and you should be all right. It is often caused by a power surge through a USB hub or static discharge. Good luck, Doctor!

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did the same thing and I sent it back to TM and they fixed it, when the Hotas first came out there was a rash of throttle failures

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I had the odd problem twice, that after starting a mission neither the stick and the throttle, but also the keyboard (esc-key eg) did not respond. I then did Crtl-Alt-Del which brought me to the Windows-taskmanager, where I did nothing but close it again. Then it all worked again. In my case for sure something software related. But since it happend only twice and was easily resolvable I did not dig deeper into the problem.

It is often caused by a power surge through a USB hub or static discharge.

Yep. I killed mine a couple of years ago vacuuming up the dust around my PC. Spent a couple of weeks without WH throttle before the new PCB showed up, but it's quite straightforward to put it in.

Had the same issue with mine, i'ts an expensive piece of kit, but the static energy it produces, is horrendous. Motherboard gave up one day when I sparked a static hit, lights went off. I asked Thrustmaster was there an easy fix, was just going to put a resistor in place to shave off the 20000kw power spike, said in gest but you know what I mean, new motherboard, about 60 quid uk, seems to have sorted the shit out. gordy.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Sorry should have said capitor.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Its the first time it acts this way.. I plug it, the lights come on momentarily then off... then I get the windows 7 can not recognize device. The stick is OK.

I tried the boot loader method described by TMWH but it doesn't even read the throttle. I tried a different computer, same outcome. What causes this?

throttle don't like USB 3.0 mine will only function on USB 2.0

USB is a pain !

I am plagued with USB device errors due to unsupported power mode blabla...that result in a BSOD & reboot every few days, sometimes twice a day for a few weeks now. Only happens in Windows, Linux is stable.

unplugged all but KB & Mouse...time will tell. Maybe need to reinstall all from scratch.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X