[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] The Round Table - Dynamic Sandbox

[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] The Round Table - Dynamic Sandbox  

87 members have voted

1. 1. [ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] The Round Table - Dynamic Sandbox

Thanks Mith86Arg for the updated mission! We play it a lot, very fun.

I have a question tho.

So from the start there is no enemy CAP anymore (i dont really care about friendly cap).

Im hosting a dedicated server for me and my friends but cant figure out how to enable CAP again.

I tried editing the A2A template but not really sure what to edit (unchecking late activation gave me at least one plane ^^)

Is it possible to enable it from inside the game? If not, could you please tell me how to make it like it was in version 2.0.9 or something? :D

Erik

Hello!

I am trying The Round Table for the first time... Is it intended for Air to Ground only? As I spawned in the F16 I tried to find some Air to Air mission info via the Command Center Radio controls but only got coordinates and so on for Air to Ground.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have no clue so far how Moose and Zeus and all really works...

Thank you!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

@m0nk & @Rhinozherous

Guys have u opened the mission editor and activated the CAPs first?

In the mission editor, go to triggers configs and there u can find a few text lines in yellow, search for "CAP SQUADRONS CONTROL", click it, then on the right side, search for

--//--ENEMY --//

Enable_CAT_Squadron = true

Enable_BEAR_Squadron = false

Enable_TIGER_Squadron = false

--//--ALLY --//

Enable_FALCON_Squadron = true

Enable_HAWK_Squadron = false

Enable_EAGLE_Squadron = false

true: enable a cap group

false: to disable it

fLKESux.png

DONT TOUCH THE TEMPLATES BTW, U'LL BREAK THE WHOLE STUFF

Edited by Mith86Arg

@m0nk & @Rhinozherous

Oh, I didnt know that this has to be enabled, Thank you very much!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Sorry if it's already been covered, but are there any versions of this mission with BOTH the supercarrier (any variant) And the stennis?? I looked at your supercarrier version but noticed it didn't have the stennis in it.

Thanks

Martin

Oh, I didnt know that this has to be enabled, Thank you very much!

NP, have fun buddy!

Sorry if it's already been covered, but are there any versions of this mission with BOTH the supercarrier (any variant) And the stennis?? I looked at your supercarrier version but noticed it didn't have the stennis in it.

Thanks

Martin

no atm, and i don't rly know what to do about the Super Carrier, because i don't like to have "alternative" versions... maybe i'll end up increasing the number of allied planes available (f-18 / F-14) a group for Stennis and a group for the new SC... Soon, i need to figure out how to do that right cuz i don't want to leave out people who don't have the module

@m0nk & @Rhinozherous

Haha oh man, so stupid.

I really thought I had read all the information :lol:

Thank you so much!

★ CHANGELOG VER 2.1.3

- Added new ME options to control CASE I, CASE II and CASE III starting / ending times

- Added a new ME option to turn on or off the ability of the carrier to turn into the wind

- Added a new ME option to control how much wind on the carrier deck you want

- Added a new ME option to set the skill level of each spawned CAP

- Added a new ME option to control how many TASK you want for each type of task available

- Fixed a nasty Sound issue persistent since 2.0.3 unnoticed cuz i dont use sound while coding / testing stuff ( music instead :P ) Thanks @zOrg for the report

- Fixed CAP spawn names to be detected by the death event handler so the sound msgs work again when air units got shot down

- Added bomber attacks to the mission (turn ON or OFF in mission editor, comes enabled by default)

- Organized CAP planes list to be "fighters" only, and moved the CAS / Bomber type planes to the bomber list

- Merged Super Carrier mission and regular mission in a single one (increasing the number of available clients slots) for both CAUCASUS and GULF missions

- Added Airboss script to Super Carrier

- Changed a simple line in the script to avoid messy menus for having multiple AIRBOSS controlled carriers at the same time

- The mission now is packed inside a .RAR and it comes with a USER GUIDE (this is WIP cuz i'll keep working on the mission and the guide is going to reflect the changes i made - if any)

Edited by Mith86Arg

Hey man,

absolute nice work !!! Best map so far. We play it on our Server 24/7. A few things:

1) The Menu is really deep and sometimes a little bit complicated. U may make it easier ? I followed ur instruction for stop flashing Messages but i had the same Problem.....once. My Question, do we really need this message until it works ? Or is there a way to set this Message Trigger false and we can deactivate it in the Editor?

2) There is one spawn Point for all caps. it means all CAPs come from one direction. A second spawn Point or a second cap area would be more varied.

3) Any way to give the tanker a dif. route ? they fly very Close to the enemy frontline. :D

The rest of the Mission is really perfect !!

Hey man,

absolute nice work !!! Best map so far. We play it on our Server 24/7. A few things:

1) The Menu is really deep and sometimes a little bit complicated. U may make it easier ? I followed ur instruction for stop flashing Messages but i had the same Problem.....once. My Question, do we really need this message until it works ? Or is there a way to set this Message Trigger false and we can deactivate it in the Editor?

2) There is one spawn Point for all caps. it means all CAPs come from one direction. A second spawn Point or a second cap area would be more varied.

3) Any way to give the tanker a dif. route ? they fly very Close to the enemy frontline. :D

The rest of the Mission is really perfect !!

Thanks for the feedback buddy!

1) Im afraid not, the msg system is generated by the moose script, im just using the included functions to generate the tasks, those complicated menus are a MOOSE task dispatcher for humans "feature" indeed... so, maybe should i go and ask 'em for a switch on this (and get ignored) oooor you can try asking there and if had better luck, they push a update or something with a new option to get rid of those damn msgs :music_whistling: I WANT IT TOO!

2) Indeed! you are right about the only one spawning point, but a random location is picked inside that single trigger zone whenever a new CAP spawn, so, a quick solution for your server is to make that trigger area REALLY big and BAM, you'll get spawns from everywhere :thumbup:

3) It can be done, atm tankers and AWACS follow a route based on the direction where the CVN-74 goes, quick solution, move CVN-74 further from the enemy front line, slowest one, wait my next update and maybe i have this sorted out or even i add a new option to let the user decide over which unit the tanker/awacs do their flight pattern.

Edited by Mith86Arg

hello sir. i can't seem to load this version. keeps locking up at 'Terrain Graphics Init: 97, caucasus.ng5'

only started with the most recent mission. Wondering if it has something to do with Supercarrier (which i dont' have).

any ideas? thanks! :)

hello sir. i can't seem to load this version. keeps locking up at 'Terrain Graphics Init: 97, caucasus.ng5'

only started with the most recent mission. Wondering if it has something to do with Supercarrier (which i dont' have).

Hey there Solid, i think this is not related to my mission, i mean, if the mission is locked 'cuz the Super Carrier is a requirement you wouldn't even be able to load the mission.

If the load hangs in that step, I would instead check to see if I am using a terrain mod that is no longer compatible with the latest update and as a last resort I would clean and repair the DCS installation

thanks Mith. I'll try that. Odd thing is i can load all the previous versions fine. Just loaded 2.1.2 fine, but 2.1.3 won't. Not a big deal as 2.1.2 is good times :)

Thanks again!

Edited by solidGad

★ CHANGELOG VER 2.1.4

- Updated Moose

- Added new spawn points for CAPS (they are random, if u see more than 1 CAP spawning from the same location at the same time is just RNJesus)

- Now, if Airboss is enabled (true), it will make use of a new AIRBOSS function to spawn deck stuff on dynamically each recovery stage (thanks FunkyFranky for this)

- Few little tweaks her and there

Same issue since 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 too. :huh:

@solid & @Tripack

let's do some troubleshooting will ya?

Just uninstalled the SC module and the mission is loading fine on my potato.

Are you in Open beta right?

Are you Up to Date in open beta?

You can still open the mission in the mission editor?

Did you run a clean and repair on the install folder?

I don't rly know if the SC was released in stable (i think not yet), if not and you are using it then maybe that's the problem.

Hi Mith. I just play on final version since I don't do multiplayer.

Yes the issue is with both loading the mission in editor and trying to play it.

One thing to check is that I had the same problem with TTI, but I think this fixed it as ever since then I can play it;

Caucasus:

- Fixed a major issue where a WWII Asset Pack unit was accidentally placed on the map, making the map un-playable and un-editable for those who do not own the WWII Asset Pack DLC.

Hi Mith. I just play on final version since I don't do multiplayer.

Yes the issue is with both loading the mission in editor and trying to play it.

One thing to check is that I had the same problem with TTI, but I think this fixed it as ever since then I can play it;

Caucasus:

- Fixed a major issue where a WWII Asset Pack unit was accidentally placed on the map, making the map un-playable and un-editable for those who do not own the WWII Asset Pack DLC.

mmmm worth to check, thanks, i'll update about this asap

For somereason when I pick the George washington in multiplayer, it starts me in the air. Happens with both F18 and F14.. I do own the DCL. Any suggestions?

copy, checking this too

EDIT:

NO WWII units on the maps....

MULTIPLAYER CAUCASUS: F14 NO AIRBOSS ENBLED

W1BqCbl.png

MULTIPLAYER CAUCASUS: F18 WITH AIRBOSS ENABLED

kx9lqGn.png

Have you tried jumping to another plane? every plane is spawning you in the air?

Edited by Mith86Arg