[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] The Round Table - Dynamic Sandbox

[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] The Round Table - Dynamic Sandbox  

87 members have voted

1. 1. [ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] The Round Table - Dynamic Sandbox

@solid & @Tripack

let's do some troubleshooting will ya?

Just uninstalled the SC module and the mission is loading fine on my potato.

Are you in Open beta right?

Are you Up to Date in open beta?

You can still open the mission in the mission editor?

Did you run a clean and repair on the install folder?

I don't rly know if the SC was released in stable (i think not yet), if not and you are using it then maybe that's the problem.

Thanks Mith86Arg,

No, I'm on the stable release. 2.5.5.41371

I can't open the mission in the editor either.

Yes, I did a cleanup, just extra skins.

Edited by Tripack

I started the mission with Airboss on and it looks phantastic on the SC!

Then I flew a mission but I couldn't comunicate with the Supercarrier (Washington). When I chose ATC I see it, but they don't respond to my "inbound" call. Maybe I have to switch to easy communications in the setting? I could not get in contact with the LSO (call the ball) too. The deck was still in the starting position, I could not land.

Should that all work or is it still WIP?

Should the starting / landing deck-configuration change automatically after a certain time with Airboss on or do I have to trigger something?

@solid & @Tripack

let's do some troubleshooting will ya?

Just uninstalled the SC module and the mission is loading fine on my potato.

Are you in Open beta right?

Are you Up to Date in open beta?

You can still open the mission in the mission editor?

Did you run a clean and repair on the install folder?

I don't rly know if the SC was released in stable (i think not yet), if not and you are using it then maybe that's the problem.

problem solved with the latest stable version 2.5.6 released today :thumbup:

why are you guys in Stable branch lol!?

Come to the DARK Open Beta SIDE, 100% guaranteed we get totally unknown bugs on every new patch plus max compatibility (and earlier access too!) with anything released, including my s***ty mission :D

CGBLz4J.jpg

★ CHANGELOG VER 2.1.5

- More sound issues fixed

- Tweaks on some enemy / allied spawn locations

- Added a new function to destroy AI when they land (actually i upgraded the method i was using with a function)

Hey i cant get the Bombers working. All flags set true. Intervall is good but no Bombers coming. Any idea ?

best regards

yeah, it was a typo in the callback function to spawn them :doh: already fixed it, sry for that, just updated the files in the userfiles section, not going to make a version change for that tiny little fix.

thanks for report buddy

Hello there! Great design. Just getting into it.

First off i took a look through your guides and files/triggers but had a question.

For the clean up messages, is there a way to disable these for good? A bit of immersion killer reading that cleanup is being done in the background. A good way for debugging but for normal play i would rather not see these type of messages. I took a look briefly through the LUA scripts but could not find where these messages are being triggered from. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello there! Great design. Just getting into it.

First off i took a look through your guides and files/triggers but had a question.

For the clean up messages, is there a way to disable these for good? A bit of immersion killer reading that cleanup is being done in the background. A good way for debugging but for normal play i would rather not see these type of messages. I took a look briefly through the LUA scripts but could not find where these messages are being triggered from. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

yeah, i'll turn 'em off later, indeed they are for debugging and you are all my beta testers :P jokes aside, i leave 'em ON in in the last update cuz i know some ppl uploading videos on YT and since i cant play my own mission but i can watch a gameplay it's a good feedback for me to know what is working and what is not without falling in the need of directly talk to some users, asking them for logs and stuff...

I sincerely apologize for that, i'll shut 'em off in the next 1 or 2 updates :thumbup:

Hi Mith,

Just a quick question. I noticed that you don't have radio frequencies set in the mission editor and they seem to be set in the lua file with core in its name inside the miz file, if I wanted to change the radio frequencies for the support vehicles such as awacs and tankers etc, is it a case of just editing them in the aformentioned lua file and calling it a day?

I have airboss enabled fwiw.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Mith,

Just a quick question. I noticed that you don't have radio frequencies set in the mission editor and they seem to be set in the lua file with core in its name inside the miz file, if I wanted to change the radio frequencies for the support vehicles such as awacs and tankers etc, is it a case of just editing them in the aformentioned lua file and calling it a day?

I have airboss enabled fwiw.

Thanks

Martin

Hey there Martin, you can change 'em on the lua, yes, but those changes of course are not going to be reflected on the knee board pages... that's why i don't make radios / tacans of support units "editable" via mission editor.

★ CHANGELOG VER 2.1.6

- Added A2G tasking system for HELOS (Simple Strikes for now), it's standalone, you can have it disabled if you want.

- Created a whole new set of spawn locations for helicopter exclusive tasks, much more closer than the ones for planes (40 new spawn points)

- Created more targets templates for helicopter tasks

- Removed a lot of annoying msgs

- Removed the JTAC MENU

- Disabled almost all JTAC update msgs

- Because the 2 lines of above, added info about the jtac code on the kneeboard

- Turned OFF Command Center notifications (yeah the big wall of text when you join a task is gone FOR REAL, update msgs are still on and you can turn 'em OFF like always)

- Disabled the ability of clients to abort a task (to prevent 'accidental' fubar of the script)

- Removed the menu option to enable the flashing of the task status (now is on demand and will be displayed ONCE)

- Added more ordinance types in the 'Damage +' script

- Included single seat helicopters to the list of CSAR helos, i know, it's not real, but maybe you have the KA-50 only and who i am to prevent you of having fun doing rescue missions?

- Updated the PDF guide to reflect A2G tasking changes

hi,i can't see any line on airfield after i update to 2.1.5 and after(enter NTTR mission in MP at first time).woking fine on SP.Could you take look what is going on?

Tonopah Test Range Airfield

94AvpSI.jpg

many thanks.

dcs.log.TXT

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

Didn't try 2.1.6 yet but man i do love 2.1.5 that i modified to my liking just a bit, like adding me some ai wingmen. Can't remember the last time i had so much fun from start to finish of my flights.

Thank you so much for this hard work (live and unpredictable environment), i'm having a blast.

Didn't try 2.1.6 yet but man i do love 2.1.5 that i modified to my liking just a bit, like adding me some ai wingmen. Can't remember the last time i had so much fun from start to finish of my flights.

Thank you so much for this hard work (live and unpredictable environment), i'm having a blast.

Yw buddy, 2.1.6 has some Q.O.L. changes if you are a VR user :thumbup:

Have a good one!

LBGs inaccurate - DCS Map Bug / Geo-positioning Changes from older missions?

I have a 100% repeatable case of LBG inaccuracy in this mission. This error disappears with the same aircraft on a brand new built test mission.

Scenario

F-14, GBU-10s, Litening Pod, Point Track, self-lased lased target on level ground.

In this "Through the Inferno PG" Mission, lased target bombs are consistently impacting a few feet (say about 50 - 80 feet) away from the actual lased point.

In a brand new self made mission (also PG map), I can hit spot on the lased point every time.

Since LGBs are guided, the behaviour should consistently be pin-point accuracy under these circumstances. So why does a laser guided bomb impact elsewhere in older missions (like this one), but land spot on in newly created ones. Is this a bug?

Something is odd here and I believe to have read in a few places where people experience odd, but very consistent bombing inaccuracy (even on free fall bombs) on existing or older self-made missions (even when they have been re-saved in the latest DCS version). As soon as those same people create a brand new test mission, the inaccuracy disappears. I could repeat this with my own testing today and can confirm this behaviour since the last couple of patches.

I hope there is an easy fix or else I feel sorry for the guys who make Dynamic PVE Missions with lots of content and painstaking tweaking only for it to be rendered marginally playable by this issue and having to re-make the whole thing from scratch. Any comments, test-confirmation from other community members would be welcome and might help pinpoint the exact problem.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I have a 100% repeatable case of LBG inaccuracy in this mission. This error disappears with the same aircraft on a brand new built test mission.

Scenario

F-14, GBU-10s, Litening Pod, Point Track, self-lased lased target on level ground.

In this "Through the Inferno PG" Mission, lased target bombs are consistently impacting a few feet (say about 50 - 80 feet) away from the actual lased point.

In a brand new self made mission (also PG map), I can hit spot on the lased point every time.

Since LGBs are guided, the behaviour should consistently be pin-point accuracy under these circumstances. So why does a laser guided bomb impact elsewhere in older missions (like this one), but land spot on in newly created ones. Is this a bug?

Something is odd here and I believe to have read in a few places where people experience odd, but very consistent bombing inaccuracy (even on free fall bombs) on existing or older self-made missions (even when they have been re-saved in the latest DCS version). As soon as those same people create a brand new test mission, the inaccuracy disappears. I could repeat this with my own testing today and can confirm this behaviour since the last couple of patches.

I hope there is an easy fix or else I feel sorry for the guys who make Dynamic PVE Missions with lots of content and painstaking tweaking only for it to be rendered marginally playable by this issue and having to re-make the whole thing from scratch. Any comments, test-confirmation from other community members would be welcome and might help pinpoint the exact problem.

Hey there, this is not TTI, Deadly and I did similar missions but he was the first one, and both uses different ways and tools to direct players to missions.

I know he was using Ciribob JTAC script to lase targets like i do now (i was using MOOSE Auto lase), but honestly i think that's not the problem, im also an A2G pilot and didn't see that bomb behavior btw, at least on my end... i'll test more.

EDIT: wait a minute

"F-14, GBU-10s, Litening Pod, Point Track, self-lased lased target on level ground."

are u using the Auto Lase or manual lase after release? remember that there is scripted JTAC unit there with default bomb code 1688, if u want to manually launch bombs first don't use default code if you do this and release the bomb it will follow the JTAC laser direction, then your F-14 laser will trigger (can't remember how many seconds before impact) and there you have a conflict between your plane laser and the JTAC one = bad target 'cuz your bomb is making corrections on the final stage before the impact

for troubleshooting,

try a level bombing first -no litening, just bomb release with default code-, i can guarantee it's a 100% pin point strike

if that line above happens, then do a litening self lased release BUT manually activate the lase ALL THE TIME UNTIL IMPACT

or set a different code for your bombs to avoid conflicts

Edited by Mith86Arg

Hi there, Still using 2.1.4 but has something in a script altered ILS?

Trying to use the ils of senaki in an f16 and it's as if the airport has ILS off.. gone to test it in another mission/map and all working.

Suggestions?

Hey there, this is not TTI, Deadly and I did similar missions but he was the first one, and both uses different ways and tools to direct players to missions.

I know he was using Ciribob JTAC script to lase targets like i do now (i was using MOOSE Auto lase), but honestly i think that's not the problem, im also an A2G pilot and didn't see that bomb behavior btw, at least on my end... i'll test more.

EDIT: wait a minute

"F-14, GBU-10s, Litening Pod, Point Track, self-lased lased target on level ground."

are u using the Auto Lase or manual lase after release? remember that there is scripted JTAC unit there with default bomb code 1688, if u want to manually launch bombs first don't use default code if you do this and release the bomb it will follow the JTAC laser direction, then your F-14 laser will trigger (can't remember how many seconds before impact) and there you have a conflict between your plane laser and the JTAC one = bad target 'cuz your bomb is making corrections on the final stage before the impact

for troubleshooting,

try a level bombing first -no litening, just bomb release with default code-, i can guarantee it's a 100% pin point strike

if that line above happens, then do a litening self lased release BUT manually activate the lase ALL THE TIME UNTIL IMPACT

or set a different code for your bombs to avoid conflicts

Great insight thanks. I never thought of this very obvious fact!! So many bugs in OB can cause paranoia . Sorry for the confusion with TTI. I had similar behaviour in both your mission as well as TTI.

I shall do a few tests, but I expect that you are 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Yw buddy, 2.1.6 has some Q.O.L. changes if you are a VR user :thumbup:

Have a good one!

Yes i am on VR. I will try the new version ASAP.

What i do to make things easier on my PC is playing the mission over lan.

I use my server PC and load this mission on it. I also run tacview only on the server as well to gain a bit more performance on gaming PC.

Then i connect with my gaming PC to play it and i think it gives me better performance then when i run it in SP.

To test this performance difference, i will load heavy ai populated mission, i just need to find one that brings things to a crawl. Maybe you know some mission that is a bit over the top with ai units?

Cheers!