Game wont start after BIOS update

Aqua_HeaD

Updated my BIOS today and now when I try to start the game it will start in a small window and that window just become black. Nothing more will happened. I have tried to repair the game without any progress and I have to quit the game in the task manager. It seems strange that the game has been corrupt or whatever just after a BIOS update. Anobody else that have had the same problem?

I have ASUS Z390-a motherboard together with an i9900K CPU and 32Gb of RAM.

DCS.thumb.png.8dcedb07263411f4d5b12f10fd994cba.png

Do other games work normally or is it a general problem when graphics are switching from 2D to 3D? What's that F/A-18 cockpit in the background? Is that your wallpaper or do you get into the cockpit-view, before DCS stops reacting?

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Do other games work normally or is it a general problem when graphics are switching from 2D to 3D?

Other games seems to work fine. I Think I know whats wrong now. I used CCleaner today to uninstall ASUS Aura and I also let that program take care of all the "unnessecary" register files. Probably it deleted some important files for the game? I also had to log in to my game account again the first time I starded after that cleaning operation. Bad luck I guess

Tha Picture in the background are my wallpaper

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

That appears to be a GPU monitoring overlay program running in that large window.

Is that something you used before, but is now non-functional? If so, try without it.

Is that GPU monitor new? If so, reboot and go into BIOS and see if you can disable it.

Failing that, the motherboard may have pushed it to Windows, as some Asus boards can do with drivers. Check your Programs list in Windows for new entries installed on that day that appear to along that line of a monitoring application and test uninstalling them.

Edit: this is based on the dialog saying “Powered by GPU Tweak II”.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

That appears to be a GPU monitoring overlay program running in that large window.

Is that something you used before, but is now non-functional? If so, try without it.

Is that GPU monitor new? If so, reboot and go into BIOS and see if you can disable it.

Failing that, the motherboard may have pushed it to Windows, as some Asus boards can do with drivers. Check your Programs list in Windows for new entries installed on that day that appear to along that line of a monitoring application and test uninstalling them.

Edit: this is based on the dialog saying “Powered by GPU Tweak II”.

That program are just my monitoring software. I have used it all the time and I have that overlay in all my games so it is not anything new that have appeared. Everything looks ok before the window become black. The game are searhing for updates and so on. But then nothing happened. It would be great if I could get into options so that I could change the resolution and screen size.

1799744822_DCS1.thumb.png.0a112b1c541eb46589a80bc2be7e70f4.png

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

Usually, after any Bios update, and I had about 2 dozen really with this board, there were things that had to be "re-done" after each and every update.

Login Info for ED/DCS was nulled, need to log in again when starting the game.

GFExperience nulled my login ( not using GFE anymore, but back then thats how it went )

and a few other crdentials that got wiped

likely to a changed system fingerprint

maybe that gives you some direction.

BTW, Asus has an Aura Cleaner, it aint easy by hand.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Usually, after any Bios update, and I had about 2 dozen really with this board, there were things that had to be "re-done" after each and every update.

Login Info for ED/DCS was nulled, need to log in again when starting the game.

GFExperience nulled my login ( not using GFE anymore, but back then thats how it went )

and a few other crdentials that got wiped

likely to a changed system fingerprint

maybe that gives you some direction.

BTW, Asus has an Aura Cleaner, it aint easy by hand.

Thanks for your answer. Then I have to reinstall the game again and configure my Warthog HOTAS again. I also used that Aura Cleaner but still have problem with that program.

The big question is: Is you left DCS before BIOS upgrade in offline mode?

DCS was not in offline mode. I have never tried it by the way. One question I have is that how I shall deactivate all my licenses before uninstalling the game? Is it possible to do that outside the game since I cant start it up?

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your dcs.log it should give us all the clues we need to help

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

please attach your dcs.log it should give us all the clues we need to help

thanks

Here is the log file. I could se one interesting string but I cant tell if thats is where the problem start.

2019-09-10 06:06:41.001 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/TableUtils.lua"]:3: assertion failed!

dcs.rar

• ED Team

Hi

Can you rename your saved games folder, keep it as a backup

C:\Users\Jerker\Saved Games\DCS to C:\Users\Jerker\Saved Games\DCSbackup

then run a cleanup and repair of DCS ( if you are steam verify games cache )

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

after that restart DCS and redo your settings and login

Let us know if it helps

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Can you rename your saved games folder, keep it as a backup

C:\Users\Jerker\Saved Games\DCS to C:\Users\Jerker\Saved Games\DCSbackup

then run a cleanup and repair of DCS ( if you are steam verify games cache )

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

after that restart DCS and redo your settings and login

Let us know if it helps

I made an clean and an repair but the problem resist. I send you the new logfile.

EDIT: I had forgotten to delete the earlier DCS folder and when I did the game started. I will check that everything looks fine now and I will write back later.

dcs.rar

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

• ED Team

Thanks

Odd it is still doing it if the saved games is fresh and a cleanup and repair has been carried out.

Can you go to the DCS root folder and delete TableUtils.lua

MissionEditor/modules/TableUtils.lua

then run a cleanup and repair and retry dcs

If that does not help please contact support directly

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Link this thread in the report and explain to the team what is going on.

Thanks

Thanks

Odd it is still doing it if the saved games is fresh and a cleanup and repair has been carried out.

Can you go to the DCS root folder and delete TableUtils.lua

MissionEditor/modules/TableUtils.lua

then run a cleanup and repair and retry dcs

If that does not help please contact support directly

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Link this thread in the report and explain to the team what is going on.

Thanks

Everything went fine except that I had to copy my old input folder and put it back in to the config folder. I also had to copy my own missions and put them back in the mission folder. Before this problem I had some own loadouts for the F18 but they seems to have been gone and I dont know where to find them.

Thank you so much for your support.