Realteus ForceFeel Haptic Pad Review

So, those who already have Realteus pad are happy with their device? I emailed Tomas and he said that he has a few units available for immediate shipment to the USA for the current batch. Andre is currently not shipping to the USA correct?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

So, those who already have Realteus pad are happy with their device? I emailed Tomas and he said that he has a few units available for immediate shipment to the USA for the current batch. Andre is currently not shipping to the USA correct?

Shipping to USA, thats great news

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

18 month user here. One strap broke but no biggie. Last month the on/off switch has acted up twice, no biggie because it worked after a few more tries.

Other than that, it has worked flawlessly.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

18 month user here. One strap broke but no biggie. Last month the on/off switch has acted up twice, no biggie because it worked after a few more tries.

Other than that, it has worked flawlessly.

Thanks, still trying to decide. My understanding is that this works the same way as the Jetseat with small vibrators installed in 8 different locations (same technology?). No paid software is required, and USB mode is preferred for DCS correct? I know that Realteus doesn't have a good reputation in the past, but they have a product which seems decent and is ready to ship and there has been a few people who received the product recently. Hmm, decisions...

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Thanks, still trying to decide. My understanding is that this works the same way as the Jetseat with small vibrators installed in 8 different locations (same technology?). No paid software is required, and USB mode is preferred for DCS correct? I know that Realteus doesn't have a good reputation in the past, but they have a product which seems decent and is ready to ship and there has been a few people who received the product recently. Hmm, decisions...

Yes your guessings are right.

In all honesty, I would ask realteus for some kind of legal agreement document to guarantee you either receive your unit o get a refund if unexpected delays happen, based on recent history. It's realteus who lost customers' trust, so don't push your luck and be proactive.

I took the plunge and UPS already has my tracking number which is a very good sign, thanks.

I took the plunge and UPS already has my tracking number which is a very good sign, thanks.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, lol

• 4 months later...
What happened ? Their website is down, and they don't update social media since half a year ...

It doesn't look very good. Maybe they closed business right after selling the second and last batch.

Yes, it had worked for about literally 5 minutes in DCS. Before that I've just tried motor tests via the software that came with the unit and in SimShaker.

But again, I'm fairly confident that drivers, Windows updates, anything at PC level have nothing to do with the problem here - the all-motor-full-power-vibration starts w/o even connecting to the PC.

I'm sure it's an electrical problem and was hoping someone had already encountered it and would give some hints on resolving it.

Did you find any solution? Got the same problem today after hitting the test function inside Realteus own software.

Strange, I have had zero issue with mine. This is with both DCS and MSFS 2020, with the latest beta version of Simshaker Aviator from Nov 20.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, BavarianPilot said:

I have figured out the problem with motors run on full speed after motor test. 

Look like a gate on the electronics are broken. I have orderd a pack of new one and will solder new in. Will report if sucess.

Hey, any luck with getting that fix? 

As for me, it seems I've made a grave mistake accepting an RMA and mailing the product for repairs. Should've just ripped it open myself 😞

image.png

• 5 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 5:36 PM, melo said:

Howdy, I ordered my ForceFeel cushions ~11/2018 and I recheived them ~4/2019.. (=read, I was those lucky ones who got the actual product also) They have worked quite well over a year until last week; motor number 6 stopped working. I opened the back side zipper, I had to rip of some of the padding because motor and wires were qlued to padding foam ! => Root cause is loosed wire-motor connection, motor construction is such that is not easy open it without destroying it..

So, the product quality is not super good either.. And I have tried to get contact to Realteus "support" (= there is not such thing at all), not with this subject but some other topics => Feedback from them=NONE.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, blackkot said:

Hi. Ordered the pad end of April 2020, got it in May in Germany (fairly quick). Unfortunately, missed the 14-day grace period and only fully tried it with DCS after it has expired.

After 5 minutes into the game all motors started vibrating at full force. No reaction to the control unit's wheel, software etc. Actually even when disconnected from PC, motors just kick in after plugging the power adapter in.

Support is non-existent, no replies, nothing. Has anyone experienced this issue? Haven't opened the seat yet, but any pointers would be welcome.

I have similar problems. It worked before but now only one motor works when tested under control panel (number 1). No other works but motor number 6 works all the time even when i unplug USB from PC. FFB strength rotary encoder works and changes FFB strength (in this case motor no 1 only). Motor number 6 vibrates at constant pace all the time. 

Any developments so far in your case guys? @melo & @blackkot & @BavarianPilot

Edited by soundslikerust

Any developments so far in your case guys?

Hey, absolutely nothing.

The RMA case has tons of my queries w/o a single answer. The phone number of Realteus no longer works. I suspect they are out-of-business for good.

I deeply regret sending them the PAD. At least I could've tinkered with it myself...

Pfff terrible news indeed.

OK I repaired it. There are some design flaws in Forcefeel. I'm not an electronics engineer but after looking up specifications for TPL7407L driver some things doesn't add up.

I will do some short writeup of my findings and repair in separate thread to be easily accessible in the future by anyone. (It will take some time)

• Like 1

Anybody can recommand what is the cheapest best alternative for this product on the market?

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

9 hours ago, BiBa said:

Anybody can recommand what is the cheapest best alternative for this product on the market?

Andre JetSeat

• 2 weeks later...

Andre JetSeat:

This SIMSHAKER JETPAD is around $ 250.

Wouldn't call it cheap...

http://website.informer.com/visit?domain=andres.shop&source=domain-visitlinktop&cid=desktop-302e3937393130303030203136333138373939303120393833383636333130&from_dv=1&site_hit=11160301

Edited by BiBa

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 1 year later...