Drop countermeasures, flares, during ground attack run.

vvaris

How can I make the Mig-21 fire flares during the attack run? It should be no brainer to have an option for continuous flare during attack as you can expect that you will be shot at.

There is Flying in Sam WEZ:

"AI will release chaff and/or flares as a preventative measure when inside a known enemy SAM threat zone or within weapons range of a known enemy aircraft armed with IR-homing missile. Default Setting."

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_option_flareUsing

I made simple AI CAS mission with Mig-21 attacking convoy with rockets. Close to the convoy there is a Stinger manpad. I tried setting a waypoint action: "Flying in Sam WEZ".

Mig-21 doesn't however put out flares while in the Stingers range during the attack until it has fired. Then it is unfortunately too late.

Edited by vvaris

Isn't there an option to use CM's continuously? Use that with a unit in zone or moving zone trigger for the MiG.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried dark wood's suggestion?

I setup a MiG-21 rocket attack and the MiG used flares preemptively (it would still be hit sometimes though). However I'm using an older version of DCS and there was a recent change to the AI's ability to see threats.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files