[Request] Please focus on bug-fixing before implementing new features (&bugs)

-Painter-

Just a quick request at ED as the title says:

Please focus your manpower and obviously limited time on bug-fixing instead of implementing new features (& bugs regarding that new features) or even new modules. It is really kinda sad to see that some important bugs are not getting fixed for ages, while new stuff is being worked on (e.g. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225295&page=4 ). Some of these bugs are really annoying and getting you killed when fighting bandits.

Seeing the F-16 in the pipeline I really hope that such workflow will be avoided in favor of a much more quality model than the Hornet with all its bugs we are facing from day one.

Comparing the F-18 from ED with the F-14 from Heatblur I have to say that Heatblur delivered a lot more quality and is a lot faster in fixing bugs (if there are any at all).

In short:

ED, please shift focus from quantity to a lot more quality. Thanks.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Initially I thought you were serious, but after reading this bit

Comparing the F-18 from ED with the F-14 from Heatblur I have to say that Heatblur delivered a lot more quality and is a lot faster in fixing bugs (if there are any at all).

I know you just put it up for a thrill.

Checking update change log I don't feel like Hornet bugs not being worked on. If things were easy and quick to fix they wouldn't be buggy in the first place.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I can agree with the sentiment though. I'm going to choose to not buy the F-16 based on the experience I've had with the F-18. Mostly the radar has been very confusing in the F-18 because it's behaviour has changed throughout the early access period. Even though the goal was to not have to relearn things.

• ED Team
Just a quick request at ED as the title says:

Please focus your manpower and obviously limited time on bug-fixing instead of implementing new features (& bugs regarding that new features) or even new modules. It is really kinda sad to see that some important bugs are not getting fixed for ages, while new stuff is being worked on (e.g. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225295&page=4 ). Some of these bugs are really annoying and getting you killed when fighting bandits.

Seeing the F-16 in the pipeline I really hope that such workflow will be avoided in favor of a much more quality model than the Hornet with all its bugs we are facing from day one.

In short:

ED, please shift focus from quantity to a lot more quality. Thanks.

Hi

Even with the F-16 on the horizon the focus is very much on finishing the Hornet and fixing reported bugs, If you have a look at the bug section you will see we go to great lengths to ensure bugs are checked and reported to the team. There is no quick fix for some of these bugs and care has to be taken to test and ensure they work correctly before the public can see them.

In short, it takes time and effort and the team are working very hard.

Thanks for the feedback, the team will see it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2