[RESOLVED]Game freeze every 15 seconds

CaptJackG

On Sept 9 my game worked great. On boot up on the 10th it now has a 1 to 2 second freeze every 15 seconds. I can not figure this thing out. There was a Windows update on the 9th and it is only think that I think could be the cause. But don't know what to do about it. It doesn't matter which module/map/single/multi. I've tried a lot of things to no avail.

Any suggestions?

PS: BOS runs great. No other games freeze.

Edited by CaptJackG

Saw this performances degradation too since a few days. Maybe a Win update problem? I also updated NV drivers. I'll try to delete shaders to see if it gets better.

Another thing to try is rebooting the sim a couple of times, sometimes it helps with stuttering.

Edited by MikeU

Intel Core i5-13600k 32GB ddr5 5.6GHz - RTX3080Ti 12GB - Thrustmaster T.16000M TWCS - Meta Quest 3 - Win10 Pro - My YT Channel

Almost sounds like terrain loading . Windows update mess with pagefile settings ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I have fully updated Nvidia drivers and I'm experiencing this, too. It's a random stutter every ~15-30 seconds, and when in VR it kicks me back to the Steam VR loading screen until it starts rendering again, which can take a second or two.. I'm running DCS off an SSD, I'm keeping preload radius maxed, and it keeps happening regardless of my other settings, even with everything at low. Also, it never happens when time compression is being used.

Edited by Zaku

Thanks Svsmokey, I went to windows pagefile settings. So do I have to change settings there please?

Some people say "auto" works best . I manually set the drive to an SSD , and set pagefile as 2x ram . Increasing the "preload radius" in DCS also affects the frequency of terrain loads . Higher setting = fewer terrain loads . Upper setting limit is how much ram you have .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

My system specs

I7-7800X

GTX 1080 TI

32 GB RAM

ASUS TUF X299 Mark 2

850 Watt Thermaltake 80 PLUS Gold

C drive Samsung 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVME SSD

Maybe there is something common in our systems that Win caused a problem with?

PS: This is on the openbeta game that has the freeze, don't have DCS World installed so don't know if it happens on there.

It also seems that the longer I'm in the game the longer the freezes get.

Edited by CaptJackG

• ED Team

Hi

to try to help we would need to see your dcs.log after you experience the problem, it may give us some clues, and your dxdiag would be helpful.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Some people say "auto" works best . I manually set the drive to an SSD , and set pagefile as 2x ram . Increasing the "preload radius" in DCS also affects the frequency of terrain loads . Higher setting = fewer terrain loads . Upper setting limit is how much ram you have .

I manually adjusted my SSD drive on pagefile, but still getting the freeze. All other games are running fine, so could it be that something went wrong with the latest DCS update?

I use the DCS stable version, and the updated was on the 10th September.

Thanks

On Sept 9 my game worked great. On boot up on the 10th it now has a 1 to 2 second freeze every 15 seconds. I can not figure this thing out. There was a Windows update on the 9th and it is only think that I think could be the cause. But don't know what to do about it. It doesn't matter which module/map/single/multi. I've tried a lot of things to no avail.

Any suggestions?

PS: BOS runs great. No other games freeze.

It can affect so many factors, publish your specification using the DCS.log.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• ED Team
I have this problem too since the latest Windows 10 update.

i7 4790K, 32 gb ram, 1070 gtx

Nothing obvious in your log about stuttering, you do have a GUI error, which is probably unrelated.

If you are running any unofficial modifications remove them and run a cleanup and repair

2019-09-14 14:15:23.467 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error onGameEvent:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_chat.lua"]:694: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_chat.lua"]:694: in function 'onGameEvent'

[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:353: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:350>

(tail call): ?

(tail call): ?.

2019-09-14 14:15:24.113 WARNING Mission: register_unit(7002,16811777) : db.units['7002'] table is missing

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Recently Nvidia in their drivers added the option of Low Latency Mode on the value of Ultra, it causes in DCS very unstable framerate fps.

I definitely recommend to change the parameter to ON in the global profile or only for DCS.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Nothing obvious in your log about stuttering, you do have a GUI error, which is probably unrelated.

If you are running any unofficial modifications remove them and run a cleanup and repair

I don't use any modifications.

Made a repair , problem is still there, in MP and SP.

Want also to add , that game in installed in a separate SSD, windows in a HDD

Edited by jaguara5

Recently Nvidia in their drivers added the option of Low Latency Mode on the value of Ultra, it causes in DCS very unstable framerate fps.

I definitely recommend to change the parameter to ON in the global profile or only for DCS.

Yeah the Ultra setting is bad for DCS and causes very irregular FPS, a good explanation of this feature is written here

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14765/nvidia-releases-geforce-436-02-driver-integer-scaling-and-more

"Ultra, meanwhile, is more -or-less new, and goes one step further by reducing the queue size to 0, meaning frames are submitted to the GPU on a just-in-time basis and no pre-rendered frames are held in reserve."

• ED Team
My DCS log 1080 gtx ; 16 gb ram

Nothing obvious in your dcs.log, maybe worth updating your graphics driver