[RESOLVED]Game freeze every 15 seconds

CaptJackG

I had a similar problem with Trend Micro. The problem with that AV is that even when you turn off protection in the sys tray, there's still a lot going on in the background. I found an easy solution; open Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit from the programs menu (installed by default), select Uninstall tab, select Stop All Components. This doesn't uninstall the app, it just disables everything Trend Micro all at once (unlike disabling it from the systray). I leave the diag window open so I'll remember to re-enable after exiting DCS.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 4 months later...

Im having a similar problem with ONLY windows defender. Adding an exception for the whole folder nor EXE has helped - only explicitly stopping the real time protection makes a difference.

It seems to affect missions that make heavy use of LUA scripts far more. It is very strange and very difficult to reproduce.

Once it hits whatever triggers it, the game drops to super low FPS and even freezes. Stopping the real time protection causes the game to rapidly increase in FPS and work again.

No other AV is on my system, so its super strange.

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

• ED Team
Im having a similar problem with ONLY windows defender. Adding an exception for the whole folder nor EXE has helped - only explicitly stopping the real time protection makes a difference.

It seems to affect missions that make heavy use of LUA scripts far more. It is very strange and very difficult to reproduce.

Once it hits whatever triggers it, the game drops to super low FPS and even freezes. Stopping the real time protection causes the game to rapidly increase in FPS and work again.

Please make a new thread and attach a track replay showing when it happens, we can check it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I had a bizarre issue several times with the Oculus runtimes causing Defender to wig out. It maxed the CPU out 100%, started closing processes one by one, and when the Oculus runtime was closed everything instantly freed up. Happened two or three times back when first got it, hasn't happened since.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, thanks for the thread. I've been having this problem for a while, and it's worse on MP servers. I would get regular freezes of up to 4-5 seconds as frequently as every 30 seconds, but always at least every few minutes.

Excluding DCS from Malwarebytes (and my other AV software) solved it. I think it was worse on MP servers because it was both polling active programs and trying to do real-time protection on the MP connection.

Anyway, SOOO happy to have my smooth DCS back again.

Battling with this issue at the mo, I’ve followed the advice and excluded DCS from Bitdefender, but sadly the issue is still present.

Upgraded all drivers, audio codecs, bios, memory tests, 3dmark stress tested and all test have come back no issues.

I am at a complete and utter loss at this stage, so gonna do a fresh install on another M2 drive to see if that makes any difference.

Out at mo, but will include dxdiag and the latest log once I get back home. Only started a few weeks ago, will run at 60fps will no issues then freezes for a few secs, before going back to 60fps. Happens every min or so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I use MS Defender too, but found that excluding just the DCS program folder was not enough, I had to also exclude the Saved Games location, like this:

Nu8MujR.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Woohoo finally seems to have fixed this, by completely uninstalling Bitdefender. Now it seems to run perfectly well again. Sadly although program had all the exemptions added, it seems it wasn’t enough to stop Bitdefender screwing with the DCS framerates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Adding the DCS folders (all) to exceptions in Avast and Malwarebytes did the trick! No stuttering in SP or MP. Man, it's good to have a smooth-running sim back!

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Glad to hear you got it resolved. Did you disable Defender?

I don't know how this was meant for, but I didn't disable Defender...

Everything runs fine now!

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

• 1 month later...

I tried to exclude DCS folders and savedgames/DCS folders from Avast but nothing better, I encounter these freezes regularely....

I don’t have malwarebyte, and Windows defender is desactivated due to Avast utilisation

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried to exclude DCS folders and savedgames/DCS folders from Avast but nothing better, I encounter these freezes regularely....

I don’t have malwarebyte, and Windows defender is desactivated due to Avast utilisation

Thanks

Hi Sp@t, I'd be happy to help you. Can you please open a new thread?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.