A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Some years ago...a dream, not a wishlist music_whistling.gif

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2785102&postcount=34

attachment.php?attachmentid=138774&stc=1&d=1460923690

I would take a little more north and west, so as to include Ghedi and the south of Germany, the operating theater was that ...but they will never consider us ...

Expanding the map a little to west ans south, in the way to cover the whole Italy, it could be ok even for WWII scenarios: Allied on Sicily/Naples, Axes on the rest.

• Like 2

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 2 months later...
Expanding the map a little to west ans south, in the way to cover the whole Italy, it could be ok even for WWII scenarios: Allied on Sicily/Naples, Axes on the rest.

True, but that would mean having two different types of assets on the map: WWII buildings and Modern era buildings. Not to mention necessarily different roads and borders...

Also, considering how densely populated Italy is (and how many custom buildings you'd need), this would most likely be a huge challenge for the current engine.

This is THE map I would love and buy in a heartbeat, especially considering the Typhoon under development from TrueGrit Technologies, but I don't see it realistically happening any time soon. :cry:

True, but that would mean having two different types of assets on the map: WWII buildings and Modern era buildings. Not to mention necessarily different roads and borders...

Also, considering how densely populated Italy is (and how many custom buildings you'd need), this would most likely be a huge challenge for the current engine.

This is THE map I would love and buy in a heartbeat, especially considering the Typhoon under development from TrueGrit Technologies, but I don't see it realistically happening any time soon. :cry:

Well, if you push for having the modern version only, then I agree since I'm not interested in WWII planes :D

There is no need too made 1:1 map of all building, you just need to model main monuments and building then generate procedurally the rest: this is not FS2020 and most of the people there are not interested to see if their home is modeled on a map :P

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Well, if you push for having the modern version only, then I agree since I'm not interested in WWII planes :D

There is no need too made 1:1 map of all building, you just need to model main monuments and building then generate procedurally the rest: this is not FS2020 and most of the people there are not interested to see if their home is modeled on a map :P

There is no procedural generation in DCS terrain making, they place models right now.

Also, Placing main models and monuments in... Italy... You really dont understand the level of work involved. That's fine, but it will mean you are very disappointed in the future.

Side note, terrain generation needs some automation tools, its too slow right now, too hard work.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Also, Placing main models and monuments in... Italy... You really dont understand the level of work involved.

Dude, I'm Italian.

I know how many monuments we have here.

The point is that there is no need to model ALL of them, DCS is not FS2020 :-p

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

There is no procedural generation in DCS terrain making, they place models right now.

Also, Placing main models and monuments in... Italy... You really dont understand the level of work involved. That's fine, but it will mean you are very disappointed in the future.

Side note, terrain generation needs some automation tools, its too slow right now, too hard work.

Hi buddy....

You are correct....but maybe until they develop a more friendly terrain technology (in order to have bigger maps without slideshows) they could just place lower fidelity areas over Italy, except for the places near the involved airbases and have an higher fidelity area over the balkans.

As an Italian (as you well know) I would not be offended by this philosophy as the main focus would be recreating combat ops...sightseeing can be done in another way :D

• Like 3

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Forget it ... ED prefers to put the "Mariana Islands" into play (which is absolutely USELESS) because it is now obvious to everyone that their graphics engine has heavy space limits, we should be content with small rings and sometimes even quite insignificant, it is more than a year ED promise Cyprus for Syria ... "Who will live, will see"

Edited by Duster
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

On 2/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, Duster said:

Forget it ... ED prefers to put the "Mariana Islands" into play (which is absolutely USELESS).

Disagree, it's not great for historical missions (have the airbases but not the targets or have the airbases but don't have the assets). But I've already got a few mission thought up that could be quite fun.

because it is now obvious to everyone that their graphics engine has heavy space limits, we should be content with small rings and sometimes even quite insignificant, it is more than a year ED promise Cyprus for Syria ... "Who will live, will see"

While I would love the Adriatic/Balkans as well as a northern Central Germany, GIUK Gap and NATO Nothern Flank; the problem with the first 2 is they have a lot of populated and rich land area that needs to be detailed.

The reason for doing the Marianas is that ED are trialling new terrain technology IIRC, with very small islands, the work required is minimised - to the point that the map will come in 2 free variants, it's a less risky map for performance and testing while still giving us something new (definitely appreciate the change of scenery for a recent, modern map).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:09 AM, Duster said:

Forget it ... ED prefers to put the "Mariana Islands" into play (which is absolutely USELESS) because it is now obvious to everyone that their graphics engine has heavy space limits, we should be content with small rings and sometimes even quite insignificant, it is more than a year ED promise Cyprus for Syria ... "Who will live, will see"

Why are you mixing everything up? Ugra Media is the developer of Syria. They did not promise anything, when the map released last summer, they stated if sales were good enough they would consider to add Cyprus. This was not a promise, just a "hope" - which you can choose not to believe, that is fair.

Since then, later in 2020, they confirmed that they were in fact expanding the Syria map with Cyprus and more bases in Turkey as well. And we have been able to see Cyprus is already WIP because Wags flew over it in his last Hornet videos on Youtube. In DCS time I think this is actually very fast. ED also shared a screen of the final map area of Syria to show what we could expect from this expansion, especially all airports and such.

Call it what you want, but this final version of Syria is anything but small, it takes a while to fly through it. Same with the Persian gulf, you can fly for a while in a straight line.

It doesn't mean the technology is necessarily there to represent everything we hope/dream of in DCS, for sure. But I really don't see how your misleading statements are helping in any way here.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 9

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Il 13/9/2019 at 13:31, Duster ha scritto:

Hello,

it would be interesting, a scenario of the era of the war of the Balkans, with the Adriatic sea for the aircraft carriers and a part of Italy, Aviano / Ghedi for example .. the Alps, and NATO airports that participated. Just think of the Bihac base under the mountain with the mig21 inside!

ED and people what do you think?

Ciao

I'd like to say: I'm in.

Of course, also because I'm living on the Adriatic side of Italy.

But I too - all the previous post have great and realistic points - have to be unfortunately most skeptical about the real will to conceive, far before than create, the Balkans theater.

Too bad besides that also here must be involved the 'usual' money, sales and the like reasons, even if it's always mandatory to be crystal clear about any aspect since the very first time. I can see it.

With best regards.

Edited by JagHond

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some of thee Wishlist topics have so much aggression. Personally Id rather see ED finish the world engine or even integrate with the other sims world engine than continue to develop ad hoc terrain modules.  

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

39 minutes ago, shu77 said:

Some of thee Wishlist topics have so much aggression. Personally Id rather see ED finish the world engine or even integrate with the other sims world engine than continue to develop ad hoc terrain modules.  

There it is again, I have seen the interviews where it is mentioned but what exactly is the "World" map.

I know new tech is being introduced on the Marianas, Falklands and possibly the update of Syria with Cyprus. But this reference to a world map here and there has me speculating.

Is it a low fidelity model of the planet as a whole with satellite imagery, no buildings/ roads? What do people know?

I think we are going to see some big updates as well pretty soon.

• Like 1

I just know they've referenced a world engine a number of times, Id prefer to see an engine that was low detail unless there was a purchased plugin for the relevant era.  Would be nice to fly from Syria to Batumi or Shiraz, even if it was a low detail mesh between regions until someone goes there.  Would be even nicer if we could add objects along the way in the community folder  per the other flightsim. Personally I'd also prefer if every topic didnt end up full of complaints about what ED havent done.

Edited by shu77
  • Like 2

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png