Sound skipping and distortion ONLY in DCS

mariner3302

Solved! It was Process Lasso. So I have some setting wrong there.

So for the last few months, I am having problems with the sound. Any aircraft, any map, same problems... It is skipping and cracking when the CPU/GPU is being worked. And when it's not, but I think it is related to those two. I have updated everything. I have tested and stress tested and it works fine EXCEPT in DCS. It is a huge immersion killer. How can it only happen in DCS, VR and Non VR.

I deleted anything remotely dealing with sound and did a repair - didn't work. I did a clean install of windows AND DCS onto my SSD.

Edited by mariner3302

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

• 1 month later...
Solved! It was Process Lasso. So I have some setting wrong there.

So for the last few months, I am having problems with the sound. Any aircraft, any map, same problems... It is skipping and cracking when the CPU/GPU is being worked. And when it's not, but I think it is related to those two. I have updated everything. I have tested and stress tested and it works fine EXCEPT in DCS. It is a huge immersion killer. How can it only happen in DCS, VR and Non VR.

I deleted anything remotely dealing with sound and did a repair - didn't work. I did a clean install of windows AND DCS onto my SSD.

I've had similar experience with the skipping sound. I would describe it as cutting in and out since these past couple of updates. I have not heard the cracking that you describe, but the skipping sounds for sure. I had to leave the game it was so distracting...

This is on the Beta version for me.

i7 4770k OC 4.6Ghz // 24GB RAM // GTX 980ti // Asus Hero VI MB // 500GB SSD