Comms menu stops working?

I just flew the first mission and it was a blast--a bit of a performance hit in VR once the action started, but still managed to bag my first kill in a Spit.

One weird thing, however, is that my comms menu stops working. It worked fine on the ground when I called the tower, but once the engagement started I pressed the comms switch on my HOTAS and nothing happened. I pressed it on the keyboard and again nothing happened. I even clicked the button on the throttle in the pit, and still nothing happened. I checked my controllers settings and my HOTAS and keyboard were fine, so I'm not sure what happened.

Flew Mission one about five times now. Radio button only works when on the ground for some reason.

Edited by Nealius

• 3 months later...

There are two ways to open the comms menu, one only works on the ground. In the air you need to press the radio push to talk button, or whatever it's called. Check your control assignments. There are no setting in the mission to do anything related to this. Do you only have this problem in the campaign?