Worst Camp ever.

milkojohns

Why do we allow this into DCS ...

DELETE!

I see ... you like more instant-gratification type missions ... here is a review of the 1st mission of the Campaign, I havent yet played it myself, but it seems pretty nice and the long wait at the start can be alleviated by accelerating the time a bit:

jlXhp5r30s0

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Welcome to real life. It's not all Tom Cruise movies

-edit

Watching Magz review, looks good to me. Don't be so impatient, or stick to AirQuake )

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

In my experience SP campaigns are not for those who want ot rush through missions to get into combat ASAP. I haven't played this one, but looking at the video there is plenty going on, a very well scripted campaign full of challenges.

Also, SP campaigns are best played 1 mission per day, allowing yourself time to prepare, read the docs, and take your time playing the mission, then reflect on the events, digest the adventure.

If you do get bored, time acceleration is your friend, as stated above :)

• Like 4

Why do we allow this into DCS, No wonder it's struggling.

Let me sit on the ramp for 20 mins before I can do anything. So encouraging to keep going with this campaign.

Wait for Frank. Wait for Frank. **** Frank

DELETE!

Sorry to hear that. :(

I respect your personal opinion but please be so fair and stick to the facts.

Indeed it took quite a while until you take off from Batumi. A minimum of 13 minutes to be correct. But This time includes some information of what's going on, engine Startup as well as propper setting of radios and instruments.

As promised it is also a dynamic environment and you are not alone at the airport. So you have to wait for good reasons. :smilewink:

We already skipped the obligatory go around and preflight check from the outside of the aircraft, but our intention was to make it as realistic as possible without getting boring.:lol:

Not sure if you have flown the whole mission one jet, but if you don't like this first mission as a whole you will hate the campaign.

Please give the campaign a chance and try at least mission two and three. I really would like to hear your opinion after that as well.

For everyone else not sure if the campaign is a challenge or just frustration, we load a Video of these 13 minutes on YouTube. This will be done until tomorrow. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

If you sat on the ramp for more than 15 minutes you might have not set your radios correctly and missed some instructions.

Listen to the left seat pilot and you will not get bored.

This campaign is brilliant and quite difficult.

I am struggling to stay polite here, oh boy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my experience SP campaigns are not for those who want ot rush through missions to get into combat ASAP. I haven't played this one, but looking at the video there is plenty going on, a very well scripted campaign full of challenges.

Also, SP campaigns are best played 1 mission per day, allowing yourself time to prepare, read the docs, and take your time playing the mission, then reflect on the events, digest the adventure.

If you do get bored, time acceleration is your friend, as stated above :)

@Refelected

Many thanks for assisting us and your congrats to the first review at helisimmer.com.

@ everyone

But to be honest, we tried hard to avoid boring times in the cockpit. If somebody uses the time acceleration regularly we have failed in that effort. :cry:

So any constructive critic is truly welcome. For the next Campaign, we have to ponder if we implement some changes.:helpsmilie:

I did not need to tell you, that we invested much more than 10 huers in mission building just because of these surrounding things. In fact, we are far beyond 50 not included all the testing.

So skipping these will save us a lot of time but that's not the way we wont to do this.

We are aware of the things we did differently, and we also aware of the variety of players in DCS. So even such a hard and scathing critic is important for an open discussion and fair information to everyone thinking about to buy this special and challenging campaign.

So now I go into the basement crying:(

Helicopter pilots never give up.

Nur die harten kommen in den Garten :music_whistling:

Always happy landings ;)

Reflected has bring it to the point and i knows all his camapigns very well too. All camapigns are not a rush, its a simulation from the Huey in different kinds like Air support, Transport an so on.

It is not a game like a lot others, rush and finish.

I am now at Mission 7 and the last missions has brings me to my borders. But it is nice, the whole Huey has holes from heavy combats and you should come alive to homebase or other landing place. No, before you has to check your orders like Powerlines. All together, i like this camapign very much. It is a good work what you has to do, cause you fly like in a real war with heavy fire from all sides to you.

Don’t get discouraged CHPL. I have to admit I still have not been able to finish the first mission. I have gotten part way through and then had stuff come up personally so I had to quit. But sitting on the ramp, waiting gives good time to actually prepare, and is more realistic to real life. If this is an indication of the rest of the campaign, that is great! Thank you for making a realistic campaign. We need more of this . 15 minutes to wait is nothing compared to the hurry up and wait in real life.

Yeah, don't get discouraged, it's obvious that you put tons of work, energy and creativity in this one. If you make them realistic, some people will get bored. If you make them "quick and fun", those people will be happy, but others will miss realism. You can't please anyone. Make it the way YOU want, the way YOU would enjoy it most.

Yeah, don't get discouraged, it's obvious that you put tons of work, energy and creativity in this one. If you make them realistic, some people will get bored. If you make them "quick and fun", those people will be happy, but others will miss realism. You can't please anyone. Make it the way YOU want, the way YOU would enjoy it most.

Yeah, I second that! Most of the comments you get are positive and you are very engaged in responding to any problems that may arise :) keep it up and don’t worry.

If we were to make 100% realistic campaigns nobody would play them - who wants to fly in silence for a few hours with short breaks for 2-3 AAR sessions... as this is how most of the sorties in real life look like :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

delete this thread, it has nothing to do with constructive criticism

First realizing this thread was a bit of a shock.

But then I saw the reactions out of the community and even the ones struggling with the mission for any reason sharing my vision of a DLC Campaign.

Again many thanks to all for the support.:thumbup:

Of cause, there is an instant mission creator implemented in DCS for those how like instant action and the feeling of fast and easy success.

But this thread has also its right to exist.

If somebody, doesn't like the way we feel about a DLC campaign and we have done things, he is warned and prevented from spending money and time for the campaign it's a good thing too.

That's the way it is. There are always different opinions and priorities, sometimes they are unluckily articulated but that makes them either good or bad.

Edited by CHPL
  • Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

First realizing this thread was a bit of a shock.

But then I saw the reactions out of the community and even the ones struggling with the mission for any reason sharing my vision of a DLC Campaign.

Again many thanks to all for the support.:thumbup:

Of cause, there is an instant mission creator implemented in DCS for those how like instant action and the feeling of fast and easy success.

But this thread has also its right to exist.

If somebody, doesn't like the way we feel about a DLC campaign and we have done things, he is warned and prevented from spending money and time for the campaign it's a good thing too.

That's the way it is. There are always different opinions and priorities, sometimes they are unluckily articulated but that makes them either good or bad.

Really nice approach! This is the only way to constantly improve.

Of course when it comes to a paid product there are more expectations, but you are actively here fixing any initial issues and getting the campaign better.

As far of the concept, you won't manage to satisfy everyone's desires but the quality should be the thing that matters mostly to you.

Keep it up!

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I wouldn't worry too much about this as it comes across more as 'I can't do it' rather than 'It's not very good'.

It is great that you are open to constructive criticism as that will hopefully improve this and any subsequent products from yourselves.

I have only played the first mission and I absolutely loved it. The 15 minute wait at the start of a 90 minute mission was not a problem for me at all, I felt it pulled me into the world/scenario very well, more so than perhaps just jumping in and taking off. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion but that doesn't make your choices good/bad. Please continue to make the missions for yourselves as there is no way you're going to please everybody.

My constructive criticism would be that there are too many spelling errors. Some of them are quite amusing but it does detract slightly from an immersion point of view. I'm sure plenty of people on here would be happy to proof read for you :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry too much about this as it comes across more as 'I can't do it' rather than 'It's not very good'.

It is great that you are open to constructive criticism as that will hopefully improve this and any subsequent products from yourselves.

I have only played the first mission and I absolutely loved it. The 15 minute wait at the start of a 90 minute mission was not a problem for me at all, I felt it pulled me into the world/scenario very well, more so than perhaps just jumping in and taking off. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion but that doesn't make your choices good/bad. Please continue to make the missions for yourselves as there is no way you're going to please everybody.

My constructive criticism would be that there are too many spelling errors. Some of them are quite amusing but it does detract slightly from an immersion point of view. I'm sure plenty of people on here would be happy to proof read for you :thumbup:

We already go over the text files in the missions, but it will take some time to change them all.

But if we are sure that there is no major technical problem, which has to be always addressed, first, we update the missions for spelling errors as well. Grammarly has also improved a lot in the past 12 months. :smilewink:

The problem is, that any change in the miz file has the potential to break something, so even when only correcting spelling errors, every mission has to be tested again.

Always happy landings ;)

The fact that my only quibble so far is the spelling says quite a lot about how much I've enjoyed it so far.

The landing on the bridge was great fun. I am a relative noob in the Huey but performing a combat approach along the road through the trees to settle down on the bridge was nothing short of spectacular, even if I do say so myself. Playing in VR it was also quite a thrill.

If I'd not bought the campaign I would not have learned this awesome skill, which is ultimately what I want from a campaign :thumbup:

just though I would chime in here.

In reality you have to do walk-arounds, aircraft checks radio checks startup checks, hover checks....etc, etc. ad nausium. a mission startup in reality would take a lot longer than the 13 minutes we have to wait to take off.

Everything in a war zone is done on a time basis so it's always a hurry up and wait scenario.

If everything was done "by the book" in the sim most people would get fed up real quick.

I see where the OP is coming from, but to be honest I think the mission makers have done a really bang up job of simulating a proper mission scenario. You don't just get in an aircraft and take off. Procedures must be followed.

But then you have things to watch happen around you and things to do while you wait. Personally I love the attention to detail that the mission maker has managed to get into these mission and look forward to their next offering.

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

My opinion is that the mixture between realism and entertainment is exactly right in this campaign. Really imersive. I wouldn´t like to have it the other way. Make more of those campaigns. I will buy them as well.

If I wanted to fly arcade I would play Warthunder...

Greets

Data

I never thought, this thread will turn out like this. Turning a simple runt into some praising. But that is exactly what this campaign deserves - praising your great work. OK, there are some bugs, but they will be (are are already) fixed and the level of communication from the creator of this amazing campaign is extra ordinary and really shows his enthusiasm - and I appreciate that. I think, this is one of the best campaigns I've ever played in DCS or in any other flight sim! Thank you and keep up your great work!

S!

Flo

Smiling from one ear to the other :smilewink:

Thank you very much. :thumbup:

Unfortunate there is again no update by ED this week, so we already start to eliminate the spelling issues in the radio talk.

Always happy landings ;)

Speaking of spelling corrections. There's also one small mistake in the mission description pdf of mission 4. Page 2 says WOFL 5 instead of WOLF 5 (last paragraph, 1st line)

:smilewink:sure your swiss and not german? :megalol:

Always happy landings ;)