Petes Brissy F18

bnepethomas

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How did you/will you deal with the stick travel range?  On the RL/DCS Hornet it seems the pitch axis is asymmetrical; will you limit the forward travel somehow to prevent it from crashing into the AMPCD?

Edited by War_Pig

16 hours ago, War_Pig said:

How did you/will you deal with the stick travel range?  On the RL/DCS Hornet it seems the pitch axis is asymmetrical; will you limit the forward travel somehow to prevent it from crashing into the AMPCD?

Very good question. Funnily enough I've discovered I need to bring the stick closer towards the seat as I can't place the rear support rail across the pit.  That may help a little - but I think there will end up be a 'please be careful' list when a newbie jumps into the pit

14 hours ago, bnepethomas said:

Very good question. Funnily enough I've discovered I need to bring the stick closer towards the seat as I can't place the rear support rail across the pit.  That may help a little - but I think there will end up be a 'please be careful' list when a newbie jumps into the pit

Use a bracket mounted under/on the stick base to place a block with semi-soft rubber on the side facing the stick with adjustment screws to limit the forward travel of the stick to exactly the desired range.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Looks amazing and great attention to detail. Am I correct in the assumption that the MIP is all/mostly Open Hornet and the side consoles are from the Dogfight Boss plans? I checked and did not see any left or right console plans in the OH repository. 

Cheers!

10 hours ago, Krikee said:

Looks amazing and great attention to detail. Am I correct in the assumption that the MIP is all/mostly Open Hornet and the side consoles are from the Dogfight Boss plans? I checked and did not see any left or right console plans in the OH repository. 

Cheers!

Its very much 100% Open Hornet - I did actually start with the Dogfight boss pit - but then moved pretty much entirely to OH. The pit started as a bit of a quick and dirty, but then I disappeared down the rabbit hole 🙂

8 hours ago, bnepethomas said:

Its very much 100% Open Hornet - I did actually start with the Dogfight boss pit - but then moved pretty much entirely to OH. The pit started as a bit of a quick and dirty, but then I disappeared down the rabbit hole 🙂

I completely understand how deep those rabbit holes can be. 😉  Thanks for the info. I presume you had/have access to pre betta manufacturing plans for the OH side consoles? I actually want to start my pit with the left console initially for space reasons. I just cant seem to locate them on the OH repository on github. I also joined the discord server for OH yesterday and from what I read, the side consoles are still very much a work in process, so maybe I just need to be patient. (not my strong suite) 🙂 

thanks again!

13 hours ago, Krikee said:

I completely understand how deep those rabbit holes can be. 😉  Thanks for the info. I presume you had/have access to pre betta manufacturing plans for the OH side consoles? I actually want to start my pit with the left console initially for space reasons. I just cant seem to locate them on the OH repository on github. I also joined the discord server for OH yesterday and from what I read, the side consoles are still very much a work in process, so maybe I just need to be patient. (not my strong suite) 🙂 

thanks again!

the plans for most of the pit are moving to Fusion 360, its very close to general release, so worth a wait 🙂

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, bnepethomas said:

And here's the latest version of the caution display disassembled.

attachment.php?attachmentid=217233&d=1568521209

attachment.php?attachmentid=217234&d=1568521209

attachment.php?attachmentid=217235&d=1568521209

IMG_2354_Compressed.thumb.jpg.1f40736de1743a804272e6d7ca983517.jpg

IMG_2355_Compressed.thumb.jpg.06492c9ea5c90c6175c9dd21d71dc5a7.jpg

IMG_2356_Compressed.thumb.jpg.d87c844a6b84d0cedf02d08fe2a4370e.jpg

Caution Light Indicator Panel... or CLIP... for something so small could be a pain to repair.

Sempre Fortis